Author Topic: Parts of my map won't show up for anyone.  (Read 1992 times)

Offline xXHells_AngelXx

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • -Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost-
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Parts of my map won't show up for anyone.
« on: January 25, 2013, 11:08:01 am »
Everyone as telling me the crystals and trees in my map weren't showing up, so I checked in the map maker and they were still there, but when I went in-game, I also couldn't see them. It makes sense that other people wouldn't see them because I did leave out their files initially in the download, but I should be able to see them the since it's all on my computer. I re-exported thinking it might fix it, but they're still not there. I used the default fir trees and crystals. Only difference is that I took off the yellow collisions and saved the fir tree as fir tree 1 under mytrees and the crystal as flouritecrystal 1 under default. Is there any way I can fix this problem? I don't even understand why it's doing this when everything is working fine in the map maker. :\

? - - - - - - - - - - - - ?
stitch . me . back . up .

-Not all those who wander are lost.-

"Love is the only thing worth fighting for."-Daniel Grigori

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Parts of my map won't show up for anyone.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 12:27:40 pm »
Are you sure it's not the sizes of meshes making it not seeable? Like if the mesh is too huge, it can disappear. However, are you 100% sure you uploaded every single file? If you've exported the map multiple times, you may have gave them the previous map version. Where did you get the files from? Your exports folder? It is possible that maybe some meshes are glitched and not showing. Another possibility is to reexport the objects that you'll use for your map in the object maker, then re-export the map. Let me know if it still happens (I'm a map maker and more)

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 01:08:30 pm »
This is a grouping problem. Your meshes are not showing because you added new meshes to the object groups that came with fh

To fix this, whenever you add in a custom mesh, you have to add it to one of your own object groups

You can change this in object maker, for when it is on the first Tab you will see a place for the mesh name and a group name below it.

Name the group something like (mapname)objects, that way they are specific to your maP and overwriting won't be an issue

Offline xXHells_AngelXx

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • -Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost-
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 02:02:49 pm »
Thank you c:

? - - - - - - - - - - - - ?
stitch . me . back . up .

-Not all those who wander are lost.-

"Love is the only thing worth fighting for."-Daniel Grigori

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 02:07:29 pm »
you're welcome. (: there are many ways to group objects, if theyre ones you'll plan to use in a lot of maps, try something like UsernameObjects, or if its map specific just do like i stated above