Author Topic: Walking Through Meshes  (Read 718 times)

Offline XxFaithlessxX

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Walking Through Meshes
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:11:12 pm »
Lately I've been making a few maps for an RP of mine. However, when I go to test the meshes, my character just walks through the mesh instead of standing on it. Can anyone help me out here?

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: Walking Through Meshes
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 09:22:24 pm »
Of course! :) You are walking through them because your objects have no collision, this will be added in object maker. If you want to stand on them, first pick a simple mesh that has no collision (The one that you walked through). Now, go to 'object maker' and load that mesh. Go to the collision tab. Under collision type, you can load the following type you want. For example if your mesh is a tree or rock, 'Box' is recommended and you click add new. You can change the size of it as well by just using the scale.

Once you had added a collision and made it to what pleases you, go to object tab and click test. :) You'll see that you cannot go through the object! And don't forget to save it.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Walking Through Meshes
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 09:22:42 pm »
The reason your character isn't able to stand/walk on the mesh is because it requires something called a "collision." In your Object Maker, there is a tab that says "Collision" on it- there are different types and sizes that you can play around with. Be sure to save it when you're finished, too. Best of luck to your map and roleplay.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.