Author Topic: What is post cutting? (Roleplay-wise)  (Read 937 times)

Offline Tifu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • s
    • View Profile
What is post cutting? (Roleplay-wise)
« on: April 12, 2017, 01:26:27 am »
What is post cutting, and how do I stop post cutting?

I was doing a roleplay, and I been told two times to stop post cutting when I didn't even know what it was. I left the group entirely after that.
Can someone tell me whats post cutting, so that I could stop doing this in future roleplays?

ForestHysteria

Re: What is post cutting? (Roleplay-wise)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 01:31:40 am »
It's when you interrupt someone's roleplay post, for instance, if they have > or -c- it means they aren't finished. I just wait for someone to have a [d] when they post ^^

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 01:35:18 am »
Post-cutting is generally when you're typing a message (usually when roleplaying) and someone posts a message before you finish your statement. Due to the limited amount of characters you can type in the chat at once, sometimes you're forced to break up your sentances into multiple posts. A post cut may look something like this:

You: The gray wolf padded gently through the snow, his paws gently sinking into the ground. He heard an anxious cry in the distance, lifted his head at the sudden noise, and stood shock-still as he listened for the sound to repeat itself. Upon hearing the cry again, he willed his legs to move and took --

Dark Fang M: The cat mewled at her owner and clawed at the human.

You: -- off in that direction.

Notice how you're cut off during your sentence when Dark Fang M posted a comment?
Dark Fang M would be post-cutting because they posted something while you were still in mid-sentence. This can happen sometimes in roleplay if you're not sure if/when someone is going to post, so it may concern others more or less than it does for you. For some people, it's a very minor occurance while others look at it as an inconvenince; there is no "wrong" way to look at it, but that's what it means.

I'll also move this over to the Game Help since you're seeking assistance for a question regarding something that occurs in the game. c:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:52:10 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 05:52:03 am »
Personally I think that "roleplay cutting" is just another weird made up thing
in the FH-roleplay world, not all groups are strict like that gladly