Author Topic: Others can't see my exported Presets Ive sent them  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Binks

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Awesomeness: 5867
    • View Profile
Others can't see my exported Presets Ive sent them
« on: August 07, 2011, 06:37:50 am »
I made a preset today and nobody i sent the ".fhp" can see it.. i can see it fine but the four other people i sent the ".fhp" to see nothing. i find this annoying and, not cool. Ive tried re-exporting and sending it but nobody seems to be able to see it. my computers a windows vista, I dont know what graphic card Im using but i hardly think that matters on something like this. Ive made changes to the code but only to allow putting a different marking on the right side of the preset.

Again i can see my preset on my wolf just perfect but others never seem to be able to, no matter how much i send it to them, or how many different times i export. Ive tried saving my preset pictures in "png" and "jpeg" and no luck with ether one, even though they both work fine for myself. if anyone out there has any idea of what could be wrong or if theirs anything Im messing up with id be thrilled to hear from you!!  :)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Others can't see my exported Presets Ive sent them
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 06:39:37 am »
  Make sure they are putting the exported preset files in presets, not My_Presets or Exports, but presets.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:59:09 am »
What's your username? Does it have symbols? It might be that it has symbols that aren't allowed when naming a file.
Are you logging in the same? For example, the usernames aren't case-sensitive. I can log in as
Ruby1234
ruby1234
rUBy1234
RUBY1234
etc. So if I export it as Ruby1234, that's what I need to log in as.

Offline Binks

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Awesomeness: 5867
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 03:49:10 am »
So, when i signed up on here my username was "Binks" and when i exported my latest preset in-game i saw that it read "binks_8.fhp". before i could get it to work i had to log into the game with the b in Binks caped, then export it so that the preset read "Binks_8.fhp". but it WORKED!!! :D Thanks ruby you helped a ton!!!

Offline evaliardet

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 04:41:52 am »
Sorry to bring this topic back up, but I've been having the same sort of problem- no one but me can see this one preset that I exported, no matter how many times I export it XP
I've tried Ruby's suggestion but that didn't help- it's still not working :/ The preset is 'rokuri_6' and I log in with 'rokuri' yet no-one can see it D:

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 06:32:00 am »
Sorry to bring this topic back up, but I've been having the same sort of problem- no one but me can see this one preset that I exported, no matter how many times I export it XP
I've tried Ruby's suggestion but that didn't help- it's still not working :/ The preset is 'rokuri_6' and I log in with 'rokuri' yet no-one can see it D:

The thing is, you don't need to pay for mediafire unless you want the premium. I am currently using mediafire and I never paid for it. I've had it for about 2 months now. ^^
This is only step one.
Step two:

You need to upload the file on a website and give them the link. What you could do is upload it on www.mediafire.com - It's free even if you sign up and such.
Then go on www.tinyurl.com and make your own url by copying and pasting the link there and handing it out to your friends/writing it in your bio.

Another way of doing it is sending the file through email/skype or any other program, but in that case, it won't be public and only the ones you send it to - will be able to see it.
Please, it'd make it a lot easier if you made your own topic next time. :3 Hope this helps anyway.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 06:34:18 am by PrettyReckless »
RETIRED.