Author Topic: Four new clans help  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Boomwolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Four new clans help
« on: February 23, 2015, 12:54:48 pm »
Ello, I recently downloaded this map for my clan called "Four new clans" by wolfgirlrox1 on DA. I'm the deputy of the clan and I want to as active as I can, however when I went through the postal it said. 'Failed to connect to front server' is there anything I can take out that isn't nessacary? or is it placed in the wrong order. Some feedback might be nice, Thank you~

DreamerDay

Re: Four new clans help
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 01:01:22 pm »
Where did you put flies after downloading the map?

Offline Boomwolf

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 01:04:31 pm »
I put them in exports

DreamerDay

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 01:11:18 pm »
I keep getting bad tokens, failed to connect to map server or timing out while playing.

If you have made sure your connection is working fine, and maybe FeralHeart has worked all good before, there still can happen things in the game when walking around in different maps. Examples of these are so called "Bad Tokens", "Failed to connect to map server" messages.

Even though the game has it's own server, it's not perfect and can get stuck as well. If you're experiencing troubles a good bet is always to wait a few mins/hours and try again later. It solves a lot of problems.

Bad tokens is the servers way to tell you that something went wrong when loading a map/location most of the times. The client failing to communicate with the server, or other way around. If there was some connection problems just during the time you tried to load a new map, this might happen to you. Also maps that has an extreme amount of online users, or more objects and other custom things might take longer to load, and the chance of getting bad tokens might rise. Usually the issue doesn't last for too long and get solved by just trying going through a portal again or loading the character again or just keep reconnecting, for some it's worse than others.

Failed to connect to map server is a message you also can get while changing maps and entering portals in the game. It's usually nothing severe either, and as worst, your character might be stuck in that map until there's a reset of the map server process. Another issue similar to this can be if you get the loading screen after choosing a character, but it never loads. Most of the time it should be followed by this "failed to connect" message. If you try to choose another character that isn't placed in the same map, it sometimes let you play since every map in the game, has it's own server process. Sometimes the server needs to be restarted in order to fetch some stuck characters. If you had characters that's been stuck for weeks, you should contact the staff.

Failed to connect to front server is another funky message you might get. Most of the time you get this either when your internet is down or the server is down completely. It can also be that your firewall or any other security software is preventing FeralHeart from accessing the internet. If it's the server and not your internet it should be sorted shortly and be back up and running, if it will be down for longer times the staff will let you know.

If the server is up though for a longer time, and you're still having issues to connect, you should follow the tips mentioned in the post "Unable to log on/go online" above, and if that fails to work. Contact those responsible for your internet or maybe someone that knows more and are able to help you.

Offline Boomwolf

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 08:46:09 pm »
That's strange since it all worked fine for the other members...

Offline Boomwolf

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 10:21:39 pm »
Do I need a certain program or computer?

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 11:33:17 pm »
I also get this problem sometimes.
And nope, no special programs or anything.

Try this:
Log in on the website (not under forum, but the actual website, the yellow box with the registration status and forgot user/pass) and click on User Panel.
Enter your information again, and a chart/graph with all your characters should appear. Find the glitchy character and click on Reset Home, and then Go Home.
That SHOULD "unstuck" your character.

Hope this helps.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya