Author Topic: How did you stumble across Feral Heart?  (Read 8962 times)

Offline Algebra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • missalgebra
    • View Profile
How did you stumble across Feral Heart?
« on: November 02, 2016, 11:29:48 pm »

What was your input when you first joined?

What were some rememberable moments? (Friends made, becoming popular, etc.)

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: How did you stumble across Feral Heart?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 11:51:47 pm »
I stumbled across Feralheart by randomly searching animal games to play on a site and then I saw the game Feralheart and decided to play it. When I first joined I was excited on playing, and when I got in the game it was a little confusing at first because I was new and didn't know any buttons yet, and I also didn't know how to design my avatar so I was stuck with a brown wolf, but thankfully I found out how to customize my character. xD My rememberable moments was when I joined many groups, and I made a lot of friends. Also I remember participating in a dance line In old bonfire island. They were fun while it lasted.

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 11:56:36 pm »
I was originally playing a game called Wolf Quest, and I heard about Feral Heart from a few friends on Wolfquest so we all decided to give it a shot. c: We never went back to WQ after realizing what an improvement from that this game was. It was confusing, my characters were ugly asf but jumping into Roleplay was super fun! I'm glad I found FH.

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 12:53:20 am »
I found it before it was released. I think I was watching some YouTube videos and in the recommended videos was an Impressive Title video. I was curious so I clicked on it, and read in the comments about it. That's when I had learned Impressive Title died and was being replaced with FeralHeart.

When I first joined, everybody was new so we were all confused together I guess xD. Back then there was no Lonely Cave and the map where you started out in was Bonfire. So, I remember staying in Bonfire for a long time in the lag before realizing there was a portal to other maps. I was so excited. I remember the first time I saw Fluorite I was amazed at how large of a map it was. And, I was even more excited when I found out there was even more than that (The Cape and Temple of Dreams). I joined multiple small roleplays here and there. I did a lot more rp back then than I did later on.

I'm so happy I found FeralHeart. It's been an awesome experience overall.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 01:43:31 am »
Like a lot of players, I stumbled across FeralHeart through Wolfquest. It seemed like an interesting game and I waited three weeks for registration to be open and here I am two years later. xD

I absolutely loved it from the very beginning. Just the community and the game in general. It's a great place to spend time chatting with friends! And I've made so many friends and I wouldn't be the same without them!

I think the one memorable moment was when I became a MOTS this past summer. I just never would have dreamed in a thousand years that I would be nominated and then voted in for such an honor. ^^

Offline Algebra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • missalgebra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 04:38:56 pm »
Aw these are all so cute stories and discoveries! <3 Thanks for sharing :)

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 01:30:35 pm »
I found FH from my longtime friend, back in middle school they talked about it and I considered joining in on the fun. That was 2014. I didn't know jack of what this game is all about and what its mechanics are, but it was this large chatroom.
Unlike most users in the game who have an interest in Warrior Cats, played WolfQuest, just love animals in general, or all of the aforementioned, I had zilch. Never have I thought I stumble upon this community, the whole concept and the theme is just really not my thing.

First time running the game I was bewildered, what the heck do I do, what do other people do? From the start I fortunately made a good looking character who still gets praise 'till today. Soon I learned how they roleplay here and found a nice pack with a great leader, I never bothered joining in packs at all, and I've never involved myself into serious roleplaying. But I had a nice time.

Feral Heart surely had influenced my life, it was probably the first social community I've come upon and it has helped me gain confidence. Thanks y'all.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 01:53:21 pm »
I found FH while searching for a game that used animals instead of humans, it was actually my first find! I was excited to try it out but never could have guessed at the amount of freedom or creativity this game gave its players as an online game, truly awesome in my opinion. I learn quick when it comes to playing games, I figured out all the controls easily and watched what others did for a while to get an idea of what the game was really about. My real interest didn't settle in until I started making maps (I'm in no way saying I'm good at making them, I just find it entertaining! ^.^).
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Felfonz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Well put, outrageous explorer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 05:41:55 am »
Alrighty, I stumbled aross Feralheart two years ago. My friend cheeta6810 showed it to me. I though the graphics were the worst and the controls were too weird. Adding onto that: I was also way more shy than I am now (which is still quite a bit). I disconnected whenever somebody talked to me. Eventually I just stopped playing because I wasn't getting out to enjoy  the game. To make a long story short, I ended up downloading Virtual Space Amino on my phone, joining my first roleplay (a literate, open world dragon/rider rp). It was so much fun after I got over my fears. I rocked that roleplay. Now that I'm playing Feralheart again, I've just gotta find some cool people with a cool roleplay and then I can rock this place, too.
�I am going to die kissing Simon Snow. Aleister Crowley, I'm living a charmed life.�
?Rainbow Rowell, Carry On

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 06:06:42 am »

I found FH in November of 2011, through WolfQuest, like most people. I was looking up games like WQ on YouTube and stumbled across a FeralHeart video, and little 12 year old Hooli was almost immediately smitten and couldn't wait to sign up.

What was your input when you first joined?

I was thrilled when I first joined! I loved every bit of the game. I remember spawning in Bonfire Island and being all confused about how to do this and that, and where everything was. I was pretty lost but I grasped the basics pretty quickly, but even after that I was completely in awe over the maps and how pretty everything was. [The game looked pretty nice for a 12 year old with low standards.]

What were some memorable moments?

I have many memorable moments. From meeting some of my best friends to having many memorable RP sessions. I also remember making my first map after being taught how to by some amazingly patient player.. [Unfortunately I forget their username.. but I still thank them for teaching me how to do it. ;w;] It wasn't the best map.. a pretty crap Warriors' map, tbh. I got better, though! I also remember making my first preset, which again, wasn't the best.. [they still aren't the best but what can ya do?] This game has given me many memories which I'll always keep close to my heart!

in-game: hooli