Author Topic: Trouble with downloading on Macbook  (Read 999 times)

Offline PeachTea

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Secretly a Potato.
    • View Profile
Trouble with downloading on Macbook
« on: September 11, 2018, 12:37:02 am »
Hi there!
So, after about two years of not having a computer after my first desktop's initial crash, I get a Macbook Air for school. But, for some reason, I can't get FeralHeart to work at all. I follow and read all the steps to the letter, and nothing seems to help!
I've gotten the game to work a handful of times, but the moment I try to download markings or items or etc, it crashes. Ever since the last crash, I can't get anything to work. It would be awesome if someone could help! I miss FH ;n;
Secretly a Potato.

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with downloading on Macbook
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 02:58:08 am »
So you've been downloading stuff which is causing the game to crash? Have you tried clearing out all the stuff you've downloaded? FH can be tricky when it comes to Macs.
I know I could never get FH to work on my school Mac because of the settings the school had put into it.

Offline PeachTea

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Secretly a Potato.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 03:39:21 pm »
So you've been downloading stuff which is causing the game to crash? Have you tried clearing out all the stuff you've downloaded? FH can be tricky when it comes to Macs.
I know I could never get FH to work on my school Mac because of the settings the school had put into it.

I tried uninstalling the FeralHeart app PlayOnMac created as well as deleting the actual PoM app, but it still crashes upon opening the game with the same 'FeralHeart.exe has encountered a serious problem". I tried Vanillabean's Winery tutorial, but I can't figure out how I would download it into the C: drive when Macs don't have one. It says 'No executables found' when I try to install the software.

Edit: My Mac also is my own computer so I don't think there's any blocks like a school would have.
Secretly a Potato.

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 03:32:24 am »
Wine itself emulates the various Windoze drives, so you sorta kinda (not really) have one. I have no experience with the PlayOn* wrappers, but I'll assume, with Mac being a unix-like and all, that it may live somewhere under `~/.PlayOnMac` or `~/.wine`, which are hidden folders in your home directory. This may just be a shot in the dark, however.