Author Topic: Can someone show me how to make a preset?  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
Can someone show me how to make a preset?
« on: August 29, 2012, 05:30:50 pm »
Can someone show me how to make a preset?

Well, I've been on FeralHeart from the day it was released, and I still don't know how to make a preset. Yes, I've looked at tutorials on here, YouTube, Google and elsewhere, but I need someone to take me through all of this so I can actually make a preset that doesn't look like it's been made by a Nethanderthal.

So, what am I aiming to do? I'm trying to make 'Slender Man' as a canine for a competition, and I need him to look as realistic as possible. I'd ask someone to make him for me, but I want to try myself. I need him to have eyes that will match the texture of his face with black inside of his mouth (this includes everything, from the teeth to the tongue, but I need it to look as if it has at least some sort of saliva on it, so perhaps I can put some white on it when I know how) and I use Tearless's 'realistic wolf skin' which can be seen here, and I use GIMP.

Step-by-step tutorials are the easiest to understand.

Zarago

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt

You are amazing <3

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone show me how to make a preset?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 08:03:00 pm »
I've already looked at that, was no help, as I said in my post.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 08:32:28 pm »
The Game maker has a tutorial himself, go to Manual then find the tutorial on presets. There, done  ;)

SoulRevenge

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 08:36:46 pm »
In order to make presets, you pretty much just look into your FeralHeart folder, then click 'My Presets', and scroll down to reference.
Just edit anything in there, save it as let's say 'preset_5body', then open up your game and wall-ah, you have a bootiful preset!

You can also just edit around with preset_2 or preset_1 with GIMP, Paint tool SAI (I use this, though I doubt anyone else does), and Photoshop.

Also, if your preset shows up all white, try changing the file from 'jpg' to 'png', or the other way round'.