Author Topic: Your Favorite Animals!  (Read 5823 times)

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Animals!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 12:16:25 am »
Vultures are awesome, hyenas are awesome, and thank you for introducing me to the Waldrapp Ibis! I had never heard of them until now, and I have a soft spot in my heart for birds with bald heads. <3

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline MadMoai

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Sleepy woof
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Re: Your Favorite Animals!
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 03:18:05 pm »
Oh gosh, all of those birds... so cool o3o Well, I should probably introduce some of my favorite animals now.

First off, the tufted puffin.

from Steven Pavlov on Wikimedia Commons

Well, they're birds, they can fly sorta well and swim really well, and they make funny growling noises, and they're goofs, not to mention they're adorable. Puffins just don't get enough attention for how awesome they are. I emptied my local aquarium of puffin merchandise and it still only takes up a tiny fraction of a bookshelf :U

Sticking to the theme of birds, I'll put up the African scops owl.

I don't know why, but I think these guys are cute too. Those giant eyes. They just have such great camouflage as well... I mean, imagine trying to find that right up next to a tree trunk. Oh, and they're really soft. Owls are really soft and fluffy in general.

And then, to keep this post short, I'll wrap it up with the marine iguana.

from Elizabeth Crapo on Wikimedia Commons
Look at this thing - it's no wonder it inspired Godzilla. I think it's really cute and unique, though. They're really clumsy on land, like other reptiles, but a quick Google Image search will get you images of them in the water, and goodness they are such good, graceful swimmers. They're one of those animals that are sorta weird and unattractive on the outside, but they have an awesome hidden talent (in this case, swimming). They can dive for up to half an hour, which is pretty amazing considering they're just lizards.

And I'll end it here so I don't have some weird long list of images.