Author Topic: Thinking Of Returning?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Lonepetal

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Thinking Of Returning?
« on: January 06, 2018, 05:56:34 pm »
Hi. Lonepetal here. I used to be Kiva. I had some really nasty experiences here, with elitism, obsession with war RPs, bullying, and general toxic behaviors from other players. I'd be okay if it were just a few people, but it became almost every player on the server. After a long absence, I've begun to toy with the idea of starting over. Would it be worth it?

amazzingrace

Re: Thinking Of Returning?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:15:53 pm »
It depends on who you hang out with!
You are more than welcome to come back to the community <3
My first time logging in and someone Whispered me within few seconds xD
I suggest, try to make a conversation with people in Local chat, or join a group that seems to be active.
Of course not everyone is going to like you,
but you can always message me in game and hang out! ^^
I hope you join again and stay c:

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 09:27:31 pm »
I think it would be worth it! There are lots of very friendly people here to make friends with/rp with. If you ever come across someone that is extremely rude, you could just block them and move on and if they're bad enough, talk to one of the staffers about it. But otherwise this is a great place. ^^

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 10:15:58 pm »
Its always worth a try!
And as it was already sed, if there are people who you cant get along with.. just leave them, ignore them or block them.

The community is way smaller than years back therefore you can meet nice people and dont the usual crazy crowds like back in the old days!

And if you cant find new friends.. how about you bring your own friends? :)

Offline Raspbearies

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • fruity fresh
    • raspbearies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 10:32:26 pm »
While FH does have a nice community, there are a few bad apples, like in any community. I've encountered them myself, but I am still sorry that you've had some horrible experiences! I do think it is slowly becoming kinder, as the community is smaller now, as Tigg stated above! ;D

I believe that you would honestly feel welcome! However, if it does turn out to be something you dislike, there's always the option to leave again. While it would be sad, I'm sure like many others, I would not want you to feel unhappy while participating in the FH community!
 but I honestly do think it would be 100% worth it.

In-game username: Raspbearies
I'm typically found over on my other account now! - Kowri

raspbearies.deviantart.com

Offline Lonepetal

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 01:49:19 am »
Its always worth a try!
And as it was already sed, if there are people who you cant get along with.. just leave them, ignore them or block them.

The community is way smaller than years back therefore you can meet nice people and dont the usual crazy crowds like back in the old days!

And if you cant find new friends.. how about you bring your own friends? :)
My friends are mostly unable to play. Honestly, blocking 90% of the game didn't leave me with much....
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:51:23 am by Lonepetal »

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 03:13:25 am »
Most of the people who are too elite for everyone either left or have blocked literally everybody in the arrival chat (i once saw someone with their pack, there was nobody with them, but they were chatting in local to at least 5 people) so you probably won't find elitists much anymore.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 03:36:29 pm »
Most of the people who are too elite for everyone either left or have blocked literally everybody in the arrival chat (i once saw someone with their pack, there was nobody with them, but they were chatting in local to at least 5 people) so you probably won't find elitists much anymore.

Hillarious xD
I dont see a need for that. if you want to chat without others getting in.. theres group chat.
However if they do want to RP in a map that is full of others... theres no other way to just block them out if you dont want random players disturb you (even by accident).

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 07:54:43 pm »
Don't let the mean people discourage you from coming around the community and having fun. There are mean people everywhere sadly. If you do encounter bad folks just ignore, block, and or report (the rule breaking ones) to us as a few others have stated ^^

My advice is to try hanging around the forum here a bit, when I become active on the forum I met a lot of wonderful people here who eventually became some of the most amazing memorable friends I've ever had. The forum side of the community is a extremely friendly and a good start at building a nice group of friends for your in game adventures. Personally I think it's much easier to socialize on the site than in game. Don't give up finding nice folks though regardless of how you approach the community again ^^ There are so many awesome people on FH just waiting to meet you!