Author Topic: How you go about making Character Bios?  (Read 8854 times)

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
How you go about making Character Bios?
« on: June 08, 2016, 07:40:07 pm »
Hey floofies<3

Another topic of discussion I came across while derping around in game, but I was curious to see how ya'll write your bios for your characters. Me personally, I like to lay all genetic and basic profile information about the character, and maybe fill out some small history/backstory, but leave the personality open and generic as I really love character development.

So I was curious, how do YOU write your bios? Do you go in depth, past the FH box's limit and onto a RP site? Or would you rather leave room for character development through RP? Or perhaps you write just enough, but not too much?? I'd love to hear all your methods! c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline BradiBytes

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • lmao dudes
    • View Profile
Re: How you go about making Character Bios?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 07:57:13 pm »
When I write a character's bio, I don't go too in depth. I tend to keep it fairly simple, that way I leave the personality open for character development, like what you said. I might fill out a tiny backstory, but most of the information is very generic and easy.
Interesting topic. ^^

Sig - Seanixx || Avatar - Me

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 08:02:50 pm »
Basically covered it for me, Lol.
Depending on my characters, I can go between short and not much info to really descriptive and have 'em exposed like an open book. I even change a few things here and there through roleplays because nothing isn't always set in stone.
Interesting topic though ^^

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 08:07:45 pm »
When I write a character bio I just like to add in the basic info. I usually just separate it by Basic Info (name, age, species, etc.), Personality, Backstory (if I'm not lazy), Relationships, and then extra info like preset links and such if needed. I usually don't go to into detail, I just write their basic personality traits. I do like character development, so I just try to update my bios every once in awhile if they've lost or changed some traits. I don't pay too much attention to character bios in-game though, I prefer writing about them on the forum or something instead where I can make it all pretty n' stuff.

Nice topic idea, by the way! ^^

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 09:05:47 pm »
When I write my bios I put the information that is important first, like personality, flaws and pros..etc. and I will leave the rest for when im roleplaying. I try not putting a whole big paragraph about my character because it takes up a lot of space.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 09:17:59 pm »
I like to put general information such as Name, Age, Relationships and all that first, then kinda write a short little part telling a bit about their background and how they got to where they are now. ON FH itself, due to the bio limit, I usually write the basics, but get me on a website with no limit? I end up usually writing a 7,000 page book. xD

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 09:24:16 pm »
(On phone so no color)

On the in-game bios, my thing usually goes like this:
Title

Names/nicknames
Species
Group
Rank

Appearance
Personality
Voice

Fears

Exttra info (RP style, markings and items, preset)

Themes

When it's on a forum, I do all that, backstory, picture references, fun facts, etc. *also sorry this was long, no phone means no special things. Would've put it in a spoiler, but, im on my phone, like I said*

Offline OutofBreath

• Yasamin
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • gone from feralheart but not from chickens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 09:44:18 pm »
I don't really have a method for writing bios.
I like all the ways you could write them.

Henrietta's bio tells a story. It's really long and cluttered, but I kind of like the way it's written, even though it's old.
In her bio it starts out with her backstory, then it goes on to her personality, then to her relationships.

Yasamin's bio is more pretty, but short and only has the facts you really need to know, and doesn't tell her backstory.

On site bios I usually decorate them with text, and color them, post pictures and all that. I usually write their backstory long and detailed.
profile picture by IsabellaGraceS

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 10:13:04 pm »
Well, I don't really have a plan when I start. Generally, I like to include trivial things like their weight and height which only come in handy in battle.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 11:49:39 pm »
I don't really use any template. I usually just list the name, age, sex, species, appearance, personality, and if it's for an rp, allegiances and such.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya