Author Topic: Username change?  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Derpsy~cat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Username change?
« on: March 29, 2016, 12:23:49 pm »
hi guys i am having difficulties trying to log onto the game on my bf laptop
because he does not have the squiggle i used in my username and i woud like to
change my username but it seems i cannot an someone please get back to me on this

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Username change?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 01:28:55 pm »
Unfortunately, there is no way to change your in-game username. The only username that you can change is your forum one. But I think I may have a trick you can use to log into the game with your current username.

First, open up the feral heart game and type in your username regularly without the symbol that you can't type. Then press the check box next to it so the game remembers your username.

Then go onto google or some search engine and search for the squiggle symbol. I'm assuming by squiggle you mean the tilda, which looks like this ---> ~  If that's the right symbol I want you to select it with your mouse and then copy it.

Next, go into your feral-heart game folder. If you scroll down, there's a lot of files that end in .CFG. But if you scroll all the way to the bottom, there's one named "settings". If you can, open that file with notepad so that you can type in it.

At the bottom of the file, it should say:
[Login]
username=
And after the =, it should have the username you typed into the box in game. Paste the squiggle into your username where ever it belongs, save the file, and restart Feral Heart. The symbol should be in your username the next time you start it up.

Then when you need to log into the website to play, do the same thing where you copy and paste the symbol into the username space.

I hope this helps! If you need me to go into more detail or provide you with images I can, it can be a little confusing.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 02:16:20 pm »
If you can't log in the way it was suggested above this comment you may just need to make a new username when the Registrations is open and make a username without symbols. ;)

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 08:29:39 pm »
Once you make an account with a name like "wolfqueenforever", you're stuck with that forever (unless you get a staff member to delete the account). If you want a different username than what you currently have, you have to create a new account.
Registration tends to open at random times 7 times and week and it's opened for 2 hours straight. You can find more registration information in this thread. Extra information about accounts.
While unable to change your username, you can always change your display name on the forums.

I hope this helped you.

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 03:02:20 am »
My question is dumb too... Sorry to stray away but is it bad to comment on years-old posts?
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 03:05:40 am »
My question is dumb too... Sorry to stray away but is it bad to comment on years-old posts?

Yes, it's called "Necro-Posting." There is really no need to bump them up, as the author has probably had their question solved. So if you need help yourself, better to just start your own thread.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 03:21:06 am »
There's nothing wrong with posting on threads that are in the current year, but if you are not experiencing the same issue as the owner of the thread or if you don't have any advice or input to the subject of the thread, it's best to either create your own thread if you have a question, browse around to see if you can find the answer to your question, or PM a staff member. If the thread is over a year old, it's best not to make a comment unless the topic can still be discussed in today's relevance (such as a Discussion board.) I will be leaving this topic open, as it is still quite recent and the owner may wish to give an update on their situation, but if your comment does not have anything to do with the thread, it would be best to refrain from posting.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:27:56 am by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.