Author Topic: Drifting Nightmares (WIP)  (Read 23542 times)

Offline RyuuWolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • hasnt been on for 2 years wow
    • View Profile
Drifting Nightmares (WIP)
« on: February 12, 2011, 01:20:35 pm »

BIO

The Drifting Nightmare breed is very old, almost ancient. Most of them have the figure of a wolf, on rare occasion some other breed of canid, but never felines. There are a few of them left on the world, and most of the entire planet don't know about them. They have been taught to keep a low cover because of their evil personalities. This breed, however, was made really far back in history. Some say they originated from a wolf being born from a nightmare, which pretty much explains why their names are Drifting Nightmares.

Features

The Drifting Nightmares, as stated before, are wolves and any other canid (which is somewhat uncommon). The breed's fur colors usually varies. The pelt is always some shade of gray. The under pelt is usually the same color, but the pelts are never white. For their heads, they usually have some sort of skull marking. This usually varies, but they will never have a cute, adorable, or swirly marking. Since they are probably from nightmares, they consist of spooky markings. The body can have a skeleton marking, or something other then cub spots, swirls, or anything which as stated before, adorable (sometimes the bodies have no marking at all). The tail always has a bone marking, which is one way to tell if its a nightmare, but the most best feature to make out is the tail tip (which will be said in a while). The marking colors are usually a red, orange, blue, green, or purple (and possibly gray) markings. However, they are not bright colors (except orange or green), the red, blue, and purple are usually dark. The tail tip, is a bit lighter then the markings, which is how to tell if their a Drifting Nightmare or not. Their eyes are not the same color as the markings, but on rare occasions they are. The sizes of the Drifting Nightmares are also varied, but they can live up to 100 on VERY rare occasions.

Mates

The Drifting Nightmares can find mates whenever they want to. There are usually some rituals some days after Halloween, but not a lot of them. The males usually are more dominant over the females, but do not force them (they kinda pick though). If two males/females want the female/male, they usually battle. These battles never lead to death, since they know their species is somewhat decreasing. If in a pack, the alpha male always mates with all the females, but that doesn't mean they cant have other mates. They usually are together unless needed to be separated (fighting etc.). The litters can be 1-4 pups. The pups also look like both of the parents (colors etc.).

Personalities

Drifting Nightmares have weird personalities. They absolutely hate felines (for some odd reason), and appreciate canines more (even if they aren't their species). They are obviously evil to others (even their own species if they dislike someone else), but can very caring. Sometimes they can have mental problems, which leads to them murdering others. Typically, they are healthy, but can have a sensitive attitude, or even have anger issues. They like scaring others, even other pups (the species' pups usually don't get scared as easily). They are really never scared of a lot of things, but water, or maybe even heights can be a fear to some.

Powers/Abilities

Powers and abilities vary also. You can usually guess what their powers are by their colors, but thats not always the case (for example, my Drifting Nightmare, Pumpkin, is orange, but she can control shadows). Most of them do not deal with the sky, water, or plants (on rare occasions a plant user will show up). They don't like showing their powers to species that are not their own, and try to disguise them. They usually consist of something dark etc. But each of them (ALWAYS) have a weakness (I am not giving away Pumpkins weakness ^^;). Their abilities are also tied in with their power. Abilities are like shape-shifting, camouflage, turning invisible etc. but powers are controlling shadows, turning into a beast, having a super high pitched scream etc. Abilities usually help to their advantage with disguising in with other species, but Nightmares don't usually use them in battle, unless they must flee. Each Drifting Nightmare has one ability, and one power.

Territory

Drifting Nightmares usually live in packs, or at least near others. They do this because of their numbers decreasing (usually hunted down because of their unique, soft pelts). They are able to survive cold harsh weather, and dry weather (they can go without water for a week). They usually prefer dry, open lands with some water. (I am currently making a map for them, so tell me if you want to join in ^^)

Diet

Drifting Nightmares have mixed diets, depending on where they are raised. Usually, if their diet consists of meat, they eat rabbits, zebra, small cats, any small creature (mice etc.), lizards and more (they don't eat bats). Rarely, Nightmares are vegetarians. But either way, they can also eat vegetables or fruit if they are absolutely dying of hunger.

(REST IS A W.I.P)

If you would like to make a Drifting Nightmare, please tell me! You can make a preset for yours even if you want c: Please just don't make some white Drifting Nightmare, or one with two powers and a million abilities etc. ^^; If you do want one however, please fill this out, so if you mistaken something, I can just help :D :

Name: (Usually spooky)
Power/Ability:
Description/Picture: (Picture if you please ^^;)
In Game Username:

*EDIT MAP PROBLEM*

http://www.mediafire.com/?qtffcb8vvyke666 -You should be able to see the items now ^^;
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:26:44 pm by Aazzi »

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
Re: Drifting Nightmares (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 01:49:45 pm »
Oh. this sound interesting. I might just join. I'll work on my chara asap. I've got other things to do. D:

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline RyuuWolf

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 02:14:05 pm »
Oh. this sound interesting. I might just join. I'll work on my chara asap. I've got other things to do. D:

Awesome :D

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 02:16:52 pm »
Man, I am going to make one of these guys too, they sound awesome!

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline RyuuWolf

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 02:32:13 pm »
Man, I am going to make one of these guys too, they sound awesome!

Haha thank you ^^

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 09:45:39 pm »
My chara is ready!! Here u go.  :D
Name: Zephyros Makura-Kage (translates to Total darkness shadow) Prefers to be called Zephyr
Power/Ability: shadow possession. (Not like Naruto) Zephyr is able to create shadow figures using the surrounding him. If he uses his own shadow, it renders him immobile, thus more chances of attacks. Also, he can create a shadow like circular shield to protect his body and the surrounding area. His power is at its best in the middle of the day and night.
In Game Username: Tanglemask
Picture:

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline RyuuWolf

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 10:28:03 pm »
y chara is ready!! Here u go. 
Name: Zephyros Makura-Kage (translates to Total darkness shadow) Prefers to be called Zephyr
Power/Ability: shadow possession. (Not like Naruto) Zephyr is able to create shadow figures using the surrounding him. If he uses his own shadow, it renders him immobile, thus more chances of attacks. Also, he can create a shadow like circular shield to protect his body and the surrounding area. His power is at its best in the middle of the day and night.
In Game Username: Tanglemask
Picture:

Awesomeness :D He doesn't have a bony tail, but its ok :D

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 10:40:03 pm »
Oh. I'll add the tail marking. I didn't read thru it perfectly, only skimmed. srry. But I'll add the marking asap. and Srry, If I read I would have realized Pumpkin used shadows. srry.

Offline RyuuWolf

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 10:50:34 pm »
No no, its fine c: The only thing really missing was the tail marking, but I actually changed Pumpkins powers to controlling pumpkin monsters ^^ So you can have the awesome shadow power :D

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 11:10:40 pm »
U didn't have to do that. I could have changed Zephyr's powers.