Author Topic: Game crashed when loading into map  (Read 1370 times)

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Game crashed when loading into map
« on: August 28, 2017, 07:11:52 pm »
This is not a problem of mine, my game works completely fine.

My partner took a few weeks break from playing FeralHeart due to their items and markings breaking (they were basically just messed up). They tried to fix them but nothing worked. They reinstalled their whole game, added the items and markings back, and now their game just doesn't seem to load when they choose a character. Keep in mind that they can log into the Play Game tab and actual game perfectly fine, the character selection just causes the game to crash.
Here's what they've done so far:
- They've chosen every possible character they can to load into the game.
- They've set their characters location to Lonely Cave and tried entering, the game still crashes.
- Restarting their computer
- Ran the game as administrator
- Changing the sub-rendering system
If anyone knows how to fix this, or any other solutions that may fix the game, please let me know!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:44:31 pm by Arreze »

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashed when loading into map
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 07:47:52 pm »
Here are a few solutions:
  • Try changing the rendering subsystem.
  • Try running the game as an administrator.
  • Make sure that they have DirectX installed.
  • Perhaps they've installed content such as mods, markings, items, and/or textures improperly or they themselves are causing errors.
  • Their computer doesn’t handle the game well due to graphics card issues and they'll have to update their graphic card drivers.
  • Make sure there's no security software blocking the game.
  • Flipping through tabs can sometimes cause the game to randomly crash or when you have too many programs open at the same time while running FeralHeart.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:03:19 pm »
  • Perhaps they've installed content such as mods, markings, items, and/or textures improperly or they themselves are causing errors.
  • Their computer doesn’t handle the game well due to graphics card issues and they'll have to update their graphic card drivers.
  • Flipping through tabs can sometimes cause the game to randomly crash or when you have too many programs open at the same time while running FeralHeart.
We've tried all of them, to my knowledge, except for closing down some tabs and applications.
They just tried closing multiple ones and it works, they can successfully get into Lonely Cave and every other map, but they can't enter The Grounds. I'm online currently and it's hardly over-crowded, I don't see what the problem could be.

I see that Taizer is having the same problem as my friend, I suspect Raz may need to do a server reset?

EDIT: They can't get into Seaside Grove either, but they can get into Cape of Distant Worlds.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:07:50 pm by Arreze »

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 08:11:27 pm »
We've tried all of them, to my knowledge, except for closing down some tabs and applications.
They just tried closing multiple ones and it works, they can successfully get into Lonely Cave and every other map, but they can't enter The Grounds. I'm online currently and it's hardly over-crowded, I don't see what the problem could be.

I see that Taizer is having the same problem as my friend, I suspect Raz may need to do a server reset?

I'm glad to hear that the problem no longer occurs and I could be of assistance.
As for the other problem, I've entered "The Grounds" successfully and there should be something else that prevents your friend to enter the map.
Tell them to turn off their water reflection, turn off name tags and set their view distance to 0.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 08:14:37 pm »

I'm glad to hear that the problem no longer occurs and I could be of assistance.
As for the other problem, I've entered "The Grounds" successfully and there should be something else that prevents your friend to enter the map.
Tell them to turn off their water reflection, turn off name tags and set their view distance to 0.

They already have their settings set as low as possible.

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 08:19:19 pm »
Seems like it fixed, all we needed was patience.
Thank you for your help Valhayes.<3 +floof
A mod can lock this!

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 08:24:31 pm »
Seems like it fixed, all we needed was patience.
Thank you for your help Valhayes.<3 +floof
A mod can lock this!

No problem! As you know, this exact map can sometimes lag more than usual due to the many players in it.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 08:24:42 pm »
I'll go ahead and lock this now as the issue was solved. <3
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.