Author Topic: FHHD/ENB mod help?  (Read 1137 times)

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
FHHD/ENB mod help?
« on: May 01, 2020, 08:51:50 pm »
I usually don't make posts like this since I think I'm generally quite okay at sorting out problems within my own game, but this is bigger than my 2 braincells can figure out

I've been wanting to redownload the ENB mod ever since I got my new computer (around Christmas) but everytime, and especially now because of the new patch, I find it impossible to make my game not crash upon trying to load (I don't even get to the main menu, it's just a black FH application for around 1 second... and then crashes

Though, I've seen people post many screenshots recently with these added affects that are created with ENB/FHHD mods, and I was just wondering if there was an up-to-date tutorial or even just files on these mods?
I tried using Valar.Morghulis post for FHHD 1.16 (along with the updated fixes), and it still doesn't work (Link to thread I used > Here< ) - I know the current FH version is 1.17 but it's the thread I saw some people recommend.

I know this isn't a big thing that's important for the game, but it'd be really lovely for me to take some screenshots of my characters.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
Re: FHHD/ENB mod help?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 09:44:01 pm »
It's weird but when I had problem with maps and game won't enter I had the same! I had only black screen and it kick me out. Maybe try to search any duplicadet files (like _0, _1 etc.) or search for FHlog file?
On new account Aiiokia

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 09:45:38 pm »
It's weird but when I had problem with maps and game won't enter I had the same! I had only black screen and it kick me out. Maybe try to search any duplicadet files (like _0, _1 etc.) or search for FHlog file?
It's not duplicate files because I've checked before. It's just that the files themselves are out of date and I'm unsure on how to update them to the current patch.

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 09:50:59 pm »
Ok. Did you try reinstalling? One time I tried install one mod but game just broke. If it will not work you should contact with staff member, I think.
On new account Aiiokia

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 10:03:50 pm »
Ok. Did you try reinstalling? One time I tried install one mod but game just broke. If it will not work you should contact with staff member, I think.
I've tried re downloading the normal game files multiple times and then re-adding the files. Never worked.
Like I said, I don't think it's an actual in-game problem, I think it's the actual mod files that need updating, I just can't find any that work with the 1.17 patch/update. Unless a mod has the technical knowledge to update the files for me, I don't think they can do anything about it. :c

SpicyDirt

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 12:40:17 am »
Yeah I think the mod is having some issues with the newest update. The best bet would be to possibly just sit tight until they release an updated version, unless you happen to know how to edit the mod to make it compatible. There are prolly a few tutorials out there for it!