Author Topic: Cannot Connect to Server Using Hotspot? (Finding another way)  (Read 995 times)

Offline Royal-Blood

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Cannot Connect to Server Using Hotspot? (Finding another way)
« on: October 09, 2018, 06:22:27 pm »
Hello, so recently I have moved and I don't have internet hooked up here. I've been reading tons of threads on the forums about the same kind of situation I am in, so I apologize for bringing it up again, but I haven't seen many people mention mobile hotspot. I have been trying to connect to the game through my hotspot on my phone, but receive a "Failed to connect to front server" message every time. I have disabled all proxy settings on my computer, updated Java, and tried to find out how to match up my IP address with FH. Is it not possible to use mobile hotspot to play the game? Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

Update: So I see now that my IP address's do not match. I do not have proxies enabled, is it maybe just my hotspot not allowing my IP to stay consistent?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:36:47 am by Royal-Blood »

Offline Corssa

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot Connect to Server Using Hotspot?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:41:51 pm »
Sometimes you have to try logging in more than once, but if you need more help...

Enable cookies
Clear caches/history
Disable proxies
Disconnect/reconnect from your wifi
Try connecting from a mobile device
Restart your router

I think that may help if not then i have nothing else.
Sorry if i don't understand what you mean but just tried to help! ^^

Offline .Fallen-Kingdom.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • One Step At A Time.
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • KittyBug9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:42:55 pm »
Hmm.. I don't know a whole lot about this topic myself. After reading a few more posts on the same topic, players have been mentioning that the login tab refreshes quite often while playing FH while connected to a mobile hotspot. Make sure your login tab is open and logged in at all times all while running in the background and not minimized. If what these players are saying is true, be sure to check your login tab when it says that you cannot connect to the server.
Maybe this link will help found in the BIG Help Thread.

"Always remember, it has to be dark for the stars to appear."
I go also go by BugJuice in-game! Feel free to say hi!

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 06:45:59 pm »
I used to use FH with a hotspot as well when I had no internet. I honestly can only say continue trying to connect as I had that issue often, but usually connected after so long. I recommend logging into the site and only having that tab open and not a bunch of stuff open . feral-heart.com/login hope this helps some !
artwork by dehvina

Offline Royal-Blood

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 06:51:15 pm »
Thank you all so much for the wonderful information. I will try and keep logging in as you have mentioned Likuu. I think I remember it working a long time ago when I used hotspot on a different phone, but for some reason it's difficult now. Thank you .Fallen-Kingdom. for the thread information, I will be sure and read through that carefully and try to resolve any issues I may not have noticed. Also, thank you Corssa for the help, I have checked my browser settings and it seems I already have proxies disabled, and cookies turned on. I'm not giving up!

Offline .Fallen-Kingdom.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • One Step At A Time.
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • KittyBug9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 10:31:20 pm »
No problem. Keep us updated if anything works out for you!

"Always remember, it has to be dark for the stars to appear."
I go also go by BugJuice in-game! Feel free to say hi!

Calvary

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 01:58:00 am »
Hello! Hopefully I don't repeat anything anyone else has said, but yes, because your IP does not match, it will not allow you to connect to the server. If there is a way you can find out how to match your IP addresses, it should work! I wish you luck!

Offline Royal-Blood

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 04:31:33 am »
Thanks again everyone for the information! I still haven't figured out yet how to match the IP addresses. I tried to port forward (which I know very little about), and it doesn't seem to work. I guess I'll just have to figure out another way. Thank you all for the support and suggestions anyways. If any of you can maybe think of some way it could work, please feel free to message me.