Author Topic: The Victory of Life ~ [Prehistoric Mammal RP] [Open]  (Read 9221 times)

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: The Victory of Life ~ [Prehistoric Mammal RP] [Open]
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 12:55:12 pm »
[I'll let someone else go first, do crappy first posts o.0]
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 01:16:47 pm »
[[Lolz, I know. X3
"You can't go back to where you've never been."
Manoah

The young marsupial lay curled into a tight ball beneath the shelter of a large fern. While his kind is normally nocturnal, due to his genetic tweaking, he didn't really mind the day time much. Manoah blinked, observing the constant activity of the various different animals around him. He always tried to stay out of their way- fear stricken by the larger ones- particularly the cats. As a cloven hoofed Irish Deer plodded by his sheltered spot, the thylacine managed to poke his head out, staring in awe at the enormous ungulate, though it took but a mere distant roar to make him retreat back into cover. With a shaking huff, the striped creature curled back up, longing for his human "parents" to come and retrieve him- a fact he knew wouldn't happen. All he could do was wait for night time so that he could be put into the enclosed room- away from these terrifying beasts.

"Too much is never enough"
Kelso

The large dire lay boldly sprawled out atop a boulder. He rather enjoyed the day time, spending most of it lounging around in the sunlight. The loud bugle of a nearby mammoth, though, made Kelso flinch and scramble to his haunches, head low. Scrunching his muzzle in annoyance, he muttered a few curses under his breath at the creature then slowly lowered himself back down onto his belly. While he did love to lay around, recently he'd found that without the company of others, it had grown to be quite boring.

-short posts are short
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 02:12:19 pm »

Rhia
"Its better to bite your tongue than eat your words"

The echoing roars and groans of the large beasts caused the dire to open her eyes, a growl rumbled up her throat as she glanced around. Laying ontop of a thick log she shuffled onto her haunches, her eyes locking onto a Quagga. A horse like creature. Licking her lips her two front paws tapped against the log in anticipation to charge ahead and hunt down the beast, but her breed hunted in pack so she found it difficult to do alone. Besides it was a male, a very large one indeed so she didn't have a good chance at all. The horse lifted its head to look at her, the two having a stare off for a few seconds until the striped beast continued to graze, letting out a snarl she leapt from the log and headed across the fields, her head held high and her tail gently swaying back and forth. The muscular canine trudged across the ground, her large paws pressing into the earth. Wooly Mamoths seemed huddled together by a waters edge, the young standing not to far off but Rhi seemed uninterested in the large, tusked beasts so she continued on her way.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:13:53 pm by Taylor »
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 04:19:36 pm »

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

? n a m e ?
Arakia

? s p e c i e s ?
Cave Lion

? a g e ?
3 Y/o

? f e e l i n g ?
Annoyed

? t h i n k i n g ?
"The sun's too bright."  

? l o c a t i o n ?
Under a large rock for shading

As the sun frowned upon earth's ground, Arakia snuggled herself under the large rock, which provided a large shadow for her to settle under. Her ear twitched in annoyance at the sounds of animal noises blaring around her. It was a noisy environment for one animal alone. A good thing they place us in solitary cages at night.

Arakia, feeling a little tired, rested her head between her paws. Her golden pools peered at the rest of the animals, watching as a Quagga sprinted past. Nothing seemed to be in its pursuit.  

With a stretch, followed by a yawn from Arakia, the cave lion plopped onto the ground once more to take a quick rest. It was foolish to sleep on the ground - any moment she could be killed by a passing predator, most likely a cave bear. Arakia simply brushed off the thought, caring less as she lowered her head, her eyes still opened. As she took one last survey of the area, the shifting of a fern caught her attention. Sitting up, her eyes narrowed as she noticed a small figure curled underneath the fern, as if to blend in and forget about the world. Curious, she brought herself up onto all four paws, and proceeded to head towards the creature. Emerging from the grass, she stared down at the creature. She gave it a sniff, before giving it a nudge with her muzzle, interested in its species. She didn't recall ever seeing one, nor did she know what it was. Arakia simply wanted to receive its attention, so she could study its face.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

? n a m e ?
Jarlan

? s p e c i e s ?
Dire Wolf

? a g e ?
4 Y/o

? f e e l i n g ?
Pain

? t h i n k i n g ?
"My paw!"  

? l o c a t i o n ?
Field > Water's edge

Weaving his way across the fields, Jarlan's head bobbled up and down as he trotted forward. His ear swiveled at the animal sounds around him, but he merely ignored them. His dry tongue stayed inside his mouth, hoping to be moistened by his saliva. No avail.

His main focused was to reach the water and - hopefully - not collapse along the way. Although the idea of collapsing from thirst was ridiculous of him, Jarlan wanted to urge himself forward to make the trip a little faster, and somewhat easier. With that, he pressed forward, breaking into a run. Though thinking there was nothing in his path, a sudden sharp pain shot up his paw. Taken by surprise, a sharp yelp escaped his throat as he stumbled, pain throbbing inside his paw.

Slightly confused, he sat down and stared at his paw. A slender stick of a bark stuck out from his paw, blood oozing out from it. With a low growl, he simply stared at it. He knew nothing of healing and such. Should he pull it out?

He decided to continue his way towards the water, in fear of loosing any more blood along the way. A blood path was sure to bring a predator to him, which Jarlan did not need or want. Satisfied with his plan, he picked himself up and began to limp towards the water, thankful he was close by of it. As he emerged from the fields, he gazed around, noticing several Woolly Mammoths clumped together. Seeing nothing of harm - if he did not provoke it - Jarlan padded up towards the water's edge and peered into it. To satisfy his thirst first, he lapped at the water, relaxing slightly as it moistened his tongue. Afterwards, he brought forth his paw, his ear twitching as he gazed at it. With a mutter, he latched his jaws around the bark's end, running his tongue softly on its rough texture without hesitating. Closing his eyes, he gave a harsh tug to it. As pain exploded inside him of, he held back several curses as he nearly wanted to hobble around in pain, but he didn't. Eyes still closed, he spat out the bark, hurriedly running his tongue over his paw. The taste of fowl blood entered his mouth, but he ignored it and continued to nurse his wound. He didn't want to dip his paw into the water in fear of contaminating it, so he kept to himself, running his tongue over his paw repeatedly.

Offline silverMarie

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 07:22:44 pm »

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

Lavinah
The female trotted past a herd of woolly mammoths, their warning grunts making her go a little faster. She thought she was home free until a mammoth stomped his foot on the ground, sending up a puff of dirt and rocks. She yelped in surprise then bolted forward, her enhanced speed making the distance between her and the herd greater every second. Their thundering trumpets rung in her sensitive ears, sending a shiver down her spine. Lavinah has always been fearful of mammoths, their size dominated her's and they could easily kill her in a matter of seconds, if provoked. She looked back and sighed in relief when they were a safe distance away, now she could rest. Lavinah saw that a water source was just a few paw steps away, she peered behind her once again to make sure the mammoths had surely forgotten about her. Seeing that they were still a great distance away she padded towards he water and began to lap up some water.

She did not realize how thirsty she was until she almost couldn't stop herself from lapping up the cool tasteless water. Lavinah finally was able to lift her head away from the water, she took a few steps back then sat down. Water droplets fell from the fur and whiskers on her muzzle, making dark spots in the dirt. Her brown eyes trailed over the animals in the area, a cave lion looked to investigating a fern and a dire was seated on top of a rock. Her attention was soon caught by another dire who was laying right across the water, he looked to be favoring his front paw. She titled her head then decided to walk over to see what was wrong. Making her way around the small lake she was almost trampled by a startled Quagga, Lavinah jumped to her right and let the beast past. She watched it until it was only a speck then continued over to the black canine. She was rather friendly when it came to her own kind so she didn't have much problem speaking to him "Hello, are you okay?" she asked when she was just a couple feet away. She stopped walking and stayed put, she knew some mammals liked their space and she wouldn't invade his.

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 08:00:27 pm »

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

? n a m e ?
Jarlan

? s p e c i e s ?
Dire Wolf

? a g e ?
4 Y/o

? f e e l i n g ?
Cautious

? t h i n k i n g ?
"Who's this?"  

? l o c a t i o n ?
Water's edge

His good paw slid slowly into the mud while he worked away on his other. Jarlan's tongue was slightly aching from the repeatedly licks he gave his paw, but he didn't know any other way to stop the blood from coming. Not noticing the sudden stop of blood, he continued to sweep his tongue on his paw, thinking there was still more. He was too busy to notice another dire wolf come up to him. He started at the sudden voice of it.

"Hello, are you okay?"

He sprang onto all four paws, holding back a gasp of pain as his paw touched the ground. Shaking it off, he swung his head into the direction of the voice, peeling back his lips as a sign of aggression. But upon seeing the friendly look on the female's face, he relaxed - somewhat.

"Erm, sorry," he apologized, referring to his abrupt aggression. He met her gaze, remembering her question. "Um, yes. I'm fine." There was no reason to make a big fuss over a tiny bark in his paw, let alone complain to another stranger about it. Besides, it was just a tiny cut in the paw. He remained quiet, studying the female's features. She was most likely young, maybe a year younger than him, but Jarlan couldn't be so sure. His icy pools met the sort, brown ones, but they later averted towards a Quagga, which ambled past on the other side. He didn't meet her gaze again, and instead lowered down at the muddy ground. It was then when he realized he was standing near the water's edge, where the mud collected. He scooted out, wet mud clinging onto his paws. Grimacing, he decided to wash them off later, but he cautioned, not wanting them to dry out in the sun. Without another word, he began to peel off the squishy mud, flinging them to where they belonged - near the water's edge. For a moment, he completely forgot about the female who was standing there.

"I'm Jarlan," he murmured softly. Maybe it was time he actually started a simple conversation with one of his species. Normally, he brushed them aside, but this time, he decided not to.

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 11:06:18 pm »

Quote: "Just a box of rain."
Name: Pitch
Species: Dire Wolf
Alterations: A very good sniffing nose, and a faster run than normal wolves.
Description: Pitch is a very lonely wolf, instead of a pack member, he shadows away from a family, and a home.  He enjoys swimming, running, and hunting.  He has a scar on his left eye, and because of this is permanently blind in the eye.  He is a muscly wolf, tested by many scientists.  He was always a nasty one, so when they experimented, they sedated him.
Personality: Shadowed, Carefree, Fatherly.
Family: None known as of now.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 11:08:07 pm by ~River~ »
DeviantArt: Riverthefluffybum
Minecraft: artsy_gamer906

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 12:45:02 am »
[[Welcome, River. Accepted. <3

"You can't go back to where you've never been."
Manoah

Manoah's wide-eyed gaze was fixed on the nearby mammoth, the distraction keeping him from noticing the approaching Cave Lion. Feeling the lioness' cold nose upon his flesh, the thylacine stiffened and quickly- and clumsily- staggered to the side, flopping over outside of the bush. Scrambling to get his five-toed paws back beneath him, Manoah snapped his attention to the large creature, his jaws parting in the trademark wide-stretched warning gape of fright- his mandible opening at an unnatural-looking angle. Letting out a shaking hiss, he kept his stance low and submissive and slowly closed his jaws, his wide eyes staring in frozen fright up at the beast. His mind shot in a thousand different directions, instantly searching for the nearest escape route. He knew a fight with this feline would mean his immediate death- and that was a chance he wasn't going to take. Maybe a few words would distract the cat from launching its potential attack. "I- I- Um-" The marsupial stammered, too shaken by alarm to think clearly enough to form words, though he took a few half steps backwards.

"Too much is never enough"
Kelso

The sounds of the nearby creatures once again forced Kelso to lazily sit up and shoot a couple glares of annoyance. Running his tongue over his nose, he couldn't help but notice his mouth was quite dry. Meh, a quick drink 'er two wouldn't hurt. The dire told himself as he paused to stretch his forelegs. Gathering his muscles, he leaped off the boulder, landing swiftly in the grassy brush bellow. In a bouncy trot, Kelso made his way towards the enclosure's watering hole, casually snarling at the annoying creatures who happened to meander past him. As he pushed through the brush to reach the water's edge, he was met by the immediate scents of fellow wolves. He slowed his paw steps once he reached the water, and after a couple sips, glanced down stream to notice two dires communicating. Intrigued, Kelso plopped down onto his haunches, smirking over at the two though he couldn't quite hear them. While he did want to communicate, for now he shrugged them off and returned his focus to drinking a few more sips of water- his curiosity keeping him in place. For now, he'd leave them be.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 12:57:12 am »
(Thanks Jim!  Can someone give me a recap of what happened so far?)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:37:47 pm by ~River~ »
DeviantArt: Riverthefluffybum
Minecraft: artsy_gamer906

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 02:39:33 am »
[[ Oh.. um, we haven't really gone far in the RP. It's just this page (page 2) that has everything on it, or when the Rp starts. But if you want a re-cap then okay. ^3^

There's no action, yet, since the roleplay is still forming. Right now, Arakia (my character) and Manoah (Jimmy's character) are interacting with each other, but not in a friendly way. Kelso (Jim's character) was derping on a boulder, before he decided to go to the water source to get a drink. Rhina (Taylor's character) is wandering about. Lavinah (?????????'s character) and Jarlan (my character) are communicating with each other at the water source. ]]

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

? n a m e ?
Arakia

? s p e c i e s ?
Cave Lion

? a g e ?
3 Y/o

? f e e l i n g ?
Curious

? t h i n k i n g ?
"What's up with this creature's face?"

? l o c a t i o n ?
Near a large fern

The shock and the fright from the creature amused Arakia as her tail wavered in the air. Had she not expected this, but she went along with it, watching in silence as the mammal stammered and stumble about. She titled her head to one side upon seeing its face - curved and marked with indents - it seemed almost like one of those dire wolves. Almost.

""I- I- Um-"

The stammer from the creature caught the lion's attention as she gazed at it. What should she do know? She certainty was not going to scare it anymore, no. She almost - almost - felt bad for it, and though it was amusing to watch, she wouldn't like that to be done to her. Besides, showing fear was a sign of weakness, to her. Arakia's ear twitched at the thought, and she gave a sharp glance at the creature, who backed up a bit.

At that moment, the lion slowly rested down onto her haunches on the hard ground. Without any words, she began to sweep her tongue over her paw, still gazing at the other. She wasn't going to attack at the moment, but she wasn't going to speak to it either. She would try and show she was of no harm, but how else would she? By washing up was a lame excuse, but at that moment, Arakia had no other idea. For now, she would have to deal with it, and so would the creature as well. With that, Arakia suddenly reached out, batting the fern playfully with her paw. Despite her intentions, her claws - accidentally unsheathed - caught the fern's end and ripped it, a shred of the fern clinging onto her claws. Surprised, the lion stared at it for a moment, before shaking it off onto the ground. As it drifted down, she stared intently at the creature, as if expecting something from it. She wasn't going to attack it. Yet.