Author Topic: The Victory of Life ~ [Prehistoric Mammal RP] [Open]  (Read 9221 times)

Offline silverMarie

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Re: The Victory of Life ~ [Prehistoric Mammal RP] [Open]
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 05:18:59 am »

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

Lavinah
Lavinah sat down "I'm Lavinah." she grinned, her bushy tail wagging as well as sending up a swirl up dust. She hadn't actually communicated with her own kind in quite a while since she has been isolated from any creature the past few days. She had been tested on just a week ago and wasn't allowed to mingle. Her brown eyes peered down at her injured paw "May I ask what happened?" she asked with a tilt of her head. Her attention was son attracted to a piece of mud that had landed on top of her muzzle. Her eyes crossed as they tried to focus on the small piece of brown mud. Suddenly, a tingled sensation started in her nose then Achoo! The loud sneeze made her jump back in surprise then fall over. She quickly got to her paws and shook her head "Sorry.." she said sheepishly as she sat back down. Her leathery nose twitched every now and again and she sometimes felt like another sneeze was coming on but it always just false alarms. Soon anther canine caught her attention, another male dire. He had a multi-colored coat and pale amber eyes. She peered at him for a moment before looking away "It's not polite to stare." she muttered to herself, that is what her mother always told her when she caught her staring at other animals. "What did I tell you? Staring is not polite." Her mother growled as they padded over to the watering hole "Sorry mama." she whimpered. Lavinah pushed the flashback out of her mind then turned back to Jarlan "It's nice to meet you."

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 08:53:19 am »

Rhina
"Its better to bite your tongue than eat your words"

The large black Dire continued her way through the enclosure, her tail swayed side to side as her head turned looking around. It seemed most of the beasts were already out, well ones she could already see, more like prey to her. The day was slowly getting on and Rhia would need to go hunt for some food, but it was going to be hard as the few young that remained always stook by their parents, and a kick from a Guagga or a Prehistoric Horse sure hurt, and she didn't want to be stepped on by a mamoth. Rhina tends to leave larger animals like Cave Lions, Sabrts the Bears and the bull like creatures. Although, she never really seen Thylacine around besides they wouldn't really make a good meal for a wolf of her size. Shaking her head from her thoughts Rhina glanced at a small hers of Guagga, her stomach growled as she ran her tongue along her lips. "I'll be back soon.." she grunned as she turned to her right heading towards another water source, the scent of other wolves was pretty strong. But she decided she would communicate with any if they didn't communicate with her. 

Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 09:18:51 pm »

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

? n a m e ?
Jarlan

? s p e c i e s ?
Dire Wolf

? a g e ?
4 Y/o

? f e e l i n g ?
Amused and slightly relaxed

? t h i n k i n g ?
"She seems pretty harmless enough."  

? l o c a t i o n ?
Water's edge

Jarlan directed his attention to the female dire wolf as she mentioned her name. "Lavinah," he murmured quietly to himself, as if tasting the name on his tongue. "It's a nice name." As he continued to pry the mud off using his teeth, his ears perked as Lavinah proceeded to speak once more.

"May I ask what happened?"

As he tossed a piece of mud into the air, not caring where it landed, he lifted his head. The female had titled her head to glance at his paw. Jarlan lifted it for a moment, before gently putting it onto the ground, opening his jaws to respond. Suddenly, a small piece of mud splatted onto Lavinah's muzzle, causing her to go cross-eyed in attempt to look at it. Amusement flickered in the male's eyes as he watched her, but it was then when he realized he had flung the mud into her direction. As he was about to apologize, Lavinah suddenly sneezed, falling over in surprise. A wry smile tugged at the corners of his jaws as he bit back a bark of laughter. Lavinah picked herself up.

"Sorry," Jarlan began to apologize. But he stopped himself, realizing that they had said "sorry" at the same time. "It's alright. Mostly my fault - for flinging the mud into your direction." When he noticed her attention was diverted, he peered to where she was looking. Another dire wolf - male, to be exact - was watching them from across the other side of the stream. Should he welcome the other? Before he could react, the male glanced away to look back at the water. Jarlan decided not to - for now.

"It's not polite to stare."

Lavinah's voice brought him back into reality. Wait, was she speaking to him? Was I staring? Jarlan, confused, looked at the other female closely. He shouldn't accuse her. Maybe she was muttering to herself.

"Were you...saying something?" He inquired softly. But he stopped, noticing she seemed to be staring at something else again. The heck? He shifted to gaze at where she was staring, but saw nothing. Before he could get a response, Lavinah seemed to mentally bounce off.

"It's nice to meet you," she continued, making Jarlan gaze at her again.

"Yeah. Nice to meet you," he echoed, before continuing, "it's nice to actually get to know another dire wolf around here. Most of them are usually hostile." With those words, he shot a nervous glance at the male wolf again. Was he, too, hostile? He didn't seem interested in them, anyway, so Jarlan merely brushed it off. As he glanced at Lavinah, he shuffled his paws uncomfortably. Now what? What should he say? Jarlan wasn't used to having conversations, and with no other words forming in his mouth, he sat there awkwardly. "Um...now what?" He inquired, despite the stupidity in it.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 12:00:09 am »
"You can't go back to where you've never been."
Manoah

The youngster's  muscles remained tense as he cowered before the towering lioness, his rigid, kangaroo-like tail stiffly curved to the side. What was it doing? The stranger's calm stillness was quite unnerving and hard to read. Was she going to attack? Or was she toying with him? Manoah was unsure of what to think of the feline's laxness. Not daring to take his cautious stare away from the much larger animal, he did manage to take another small, unsure paw step backwards. He did well to keep his head low- a posture he only hoped the feline kind saw as submissive as well. The Tasmanian tiger once again parted his jaws to their unnatural angle in another warning gape of agitation. The last thing he wanted was a fight.

Slowly pulling his maw closed once more, Manoah watched intently while the cave lion nonchalantly grazed her tongue over her paw. Was she enjoying his fright? Felines...
Still, the striped marsupial didn't dare to make any sudden moves- that is, until the stranger's menacing claws raked across the fern leaf, ripping it off. A motion that instantly struck him as threatening. Eyes widening in alarm, the thylacine clambered backwards again, body still turned towards the feline as he let out a hiss of discomfort. "I-if you're going to kill me just do it already-" Manoah found himself blurting out, his voice shaky with anxiety and short, dense fur prickling on end.

"Too much is never enough"
Kelso

Raising his head away from the water's surface again, Kelso shot a lazy glance towards the two conversing dires he'd noticed previously. Licking the liquid from his maw, his interest remained fixed on the two. The situation seemed almost... awkward- and the male's audible words brought a smirk of amusement to Kelso's face. This guy had no clue how to interact with females, apparently- or so it seemed to him, anyway. Deciding he'd hung back long enough, he rose to his four, and after giving his thick pelt a light shake, strode confidently over to the two fellow canids.

"Come on, now, that ain't 'ow 'ya make conversation." Kelso blurted, casually slouching down onto his haunches a few paces away from the wolves- head tilted with a crooked smirk plastered on his amused face.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 03:12:28 am »

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

? n a m e ?
Arakia

? s p e c i e s ?
Cave Lion

? a g e ?
3 Y/o

? f e e l i n g ?
Amused

? t h i n k i n g ?
"Silly creature."

? l o c a t i o n ?
Near a large fern

A sharp, yet unsteady hiss caught Arakia's attention. Turning her head into the direction of the creature, she titled her head as she mused on the trembling words it spoke.

"I-if you're going to kill me just do it already," it blurted out, a hint of fear mingling in the words.

"Oh, I'm not going to kill you," Arakia murmured, her eyes nearly glinting. Just yet. Despite the cruel and mischievous attitude she had right now, the lion saw amusement in this. A little amusement, though. Arakia usually didn't toy around with her prey, before killing it. To her, it was best to get the job over with and snap its neck. But right now, she didn't feel like finishing the job. Perhaps it was because she was a little lazy right now, or simply she wanted to know how it felt to play around with the prey. Unsure with the choices, her thoughts were anyway interrupted by a loud roar.

Her gaze shot to where the sound had came from. Concern and confusion flickered in her eyes as she noticed several Quaggas sprinting past, fear glinting in their eyes. What's this? She nearly voiced her question, but she didn't, and simply waited for the reason behind this.

A snarl erupted from below, and a rather large sabertooth sprang up. Sharp claws glinted in the sunlight as it landed, its large fangs pointed in a deadly manner. Stern yet fierce eyes flickered, its golden pools surveying the area. A small smirk seemed to appear on its face, but it was gone as quick as it had came. With tail lashing from behind, the sabertooth moved forward, its speed enhanced as it gained ground. It shot past Arakia and the creature she was with. As the lion continued to watch, she realized the beast was hunting the Quaggas. It seemed to her it was obvious the saber would have a meal, but unknowingly, the great cat stumbled, falling over onto its face as it let out a snarl. A rock was in its path, causing it to have tripped and fallen. Even though it was a small rock, it seemed to take the sabertooth a while to recover; it rested on its haunches, staring at the Quaggas as they bounced away.

A smirk - mixed with amusement and mock - appeared onto Arakia' face as she watched the back of the cat. A snort came from her as she glanced back at the strange creature once more, wondering what it thought of the scene. As she remained standing there, she noticed a dark shadow looming over the fern. Confused, she glanced around to see that the sabertooth was staring intently at the creature, a look of hunger gleaming in its eyes. She didn't even have to think twice of what the beast was thinking.

As it brought down a sudden paw of force onto the smaller creature, panic rushed through the cave lion. Without thinking, she thrust her body at the sabertooth, bringing her jaws down onto his back as her claws latched onto him.

"No!" she snarled abruptly. Her sudden attack brought the saber down in surprise. Knowing it would be considered silly to be "protecting" a prey without a reason, she added in a harsh tone, "that's my prey!" With a growl, the sabertooth regained himself and began to struggle, lashing a few attacks onto Arakia as well as attempting to hit the creature to stun it or kill it.

[[ I'm bored x3 ]]

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 04:28:41 am »
Manoah

Manoah's rounded ears flicked forward at the lioness' words- "Oh, I'm not going to kill you." Cautiously optimistic, the young marsupial narrowed his eyes in confusion, tipping his narrow head to the side slightly. "Y-you're not? Then- what do you want- ...ma'am..." His voice starting off as somewhat strong yet shaky, by the end of his sentence it had squeaked into a low, frightened mumbling tone, and he glanced down at the ground, doing well to show the higher carnivore respect. Just when he thought things were seeming to look up, a deafening roar sounded from the ridge nearby, making the thylacine whimper and cower back down again. Great. As if a cave lion wasn't bad enough- of course. There would be a saber-toothed tiger. It was just his luck.

Much to Manoah's relief, however, it seemed the saber's focus was not upon him, but on the herd of Quagga fleeing nearby. While he kept the lioness in his gaze, and didn't dare shift too much, he watched the hunt from the corner of his eye- the saber quickly snagging his full, head-turning attention as it face-planted in a failed pounce. He shot a glance back at the cave lion who was still ominously sitting in front of him, to notice the look of amusement plastered on her face. It was pretty funny, afterall. Cracking a half smile, Manoah let out a quiet chuckle. But, his chuckle was quickly replaced by a choking sniffle of terror when he realized the saber had turned its sights upon an easier target- him. "Eep!" The thylacine lowered himself as low as he could to the ground, curling his body almost into a ball, though he did not forget about the strange feline beside him. There was nowhere to run. And no reason to even bother. Naturally, he lacked much speed. So a b-line for an escape route would just end in him spurring the interest of both felines, and soon his death. Besides, it's not like he even had anywhere to run. His frontward path was blocked by the lioness, who he was sure wouldn't hesitate to snag him up as a snack- and on his other side, was the lurking saber-toothed cat. He could only sit there cowering in fear, waiting for the end to come.

While he was prepared for it, the heavy paw of the saber coming down upon his striped back forced a yelp of pain and surprise from the young marsupial, the force of it nearly knocking the breath from him. Spreading his jaws with a hissing warning gape once more- that typical thylacine trademark- directed at the saber. At the same time, he managed to scramble slightly to the side- even though that ended with him stumbling over his own clumsy paws and face planting, then rolling a couple times. Panting in panic, he glanced back at the towering saber as it prepared itself for another swipe. This was it. Manoah clenched his eyes shut and waited- but this time, there was no striking pain- but a furious roar. The Tazzy Tiger's eyelids shot open in surprise. The cave lion! She was... defending him!? Just as a wide grin of relief and gratefulness took its place upon his muzzle, he heard the lioness' words: "That's my prey!" A look of horror flushed his face. So she was just toying with him! He should have known better. The two cats were now locked in combat- competing over which of them could end up eating him. Now was his chance. Ears flat, he once again stretched his jaws open to their odd, wide angle, the "yawning" gape of apparent distress whilst he slowly backed away. Now! Rising onto his hind legs in the typical kangaroo-like bipedal stance, Manoah wheeled around and sprang off his strong hind legs, clumsily running a few strides away, and only hoping that the cats would be too distracted with each other to notice his hasty escape. The last thing he needed was to be fast food.
sig by me

Offline silverMarie

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 05:29:38 am »

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

Lavinah
Lavinah awkwardly clawed at the dirt below her paws, she didn't know what to say either. If it were possible, her forehead would be beaded with sweat. Suddenly, another dire approached them and breaking the silence "Oh, hello." she flashed a friendly smile towards the male. Lavinah was actually glad to be communicating with other animals that weren't trying to kill her. Soon the smile turned down when she aw a cave lion and a saber tooth were fighting over something "Hmm." she peered at them, it was better them than her. Then her eyes caught a small creature scampering away from the two felines, a Thylacine. The felines must be competing over who would get to eat it, it looked like neither of them would be now. She turned her attention away from the two big cats and back to the two canines, particularly the new arrival "I'm Lavinah," she looked at Jarlan "and that's Jarlan." she added. She looked back at the unknown wolf "It's a pleasure to meet you." she grinned, she always loved meeting other animals.

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 03:06:31 pm »

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

? n a m e ?
Arakia

? s p e c i e s ?
Cave Lion

? a g e ?
3 Y/o

? f e e l i n g ?
Frustrated and furious

? t h i n k i n g ?
"Back off, you bloody beast!"

? l o c a t i o n ?
Near a large fern

As the two great cats tousled and turned, Arakia managed to dodge a strong blow from the sabertooth's paw. A furious hiss came from her when the sabertooth began to thrust more attacks, forcing her claws to release from him and for her to back down. Now, the two were facing each other - breathing heavily as one waited for the other to attack. Seeing something move behind the sabertooth, she dared to dart her gaze at it, realizing it was the striped creature making its escape. Good! She thought, a breath of relief escaping her. Her attention diverted, she did not realize that the sabertooth was lunging for her. As the impact from the cat's paws forced her to the ground, a snarl came from her as she tried to whip her claws at the opponent's face in attempt to at least distract him. Seeing this, the saber jerked his head back. This making him more angry, he dug his claws harder into the lioness' skin. Her back neck exposed, Arakia did her best to fend him off, which only made the situation worse.

Her gaze was no longer at the sabertooth's face. Instead, she was flipped to lying onto her stomach while she stared out at the backs of the Quaggas as they soon disappeared behind a rock. Arakia knew exactly what he was about to do. Because of their weak bite when attacking the neck using their teeth, it was useless for the sabertooths to do so. Instead, they would use a downward thrust of their head, powered by the neck muscles to drive the large upper canines into the creature.

Arakia knew she had to act quick, but how else would she? With her head turned and her front legs pinned, she couldn't think of another way so quickly. Unsure what the sabertooth was doing, another idea popped into her mind. Summoning her strength in her hind legs, she reached up and barely scratched the cat's belly, but it was enough to distract him.

Feeling the weight release from her paws, she sprang up, twisting around to face her opponent. When seeing nothing in front of her, she blinked, before realizing that the sabertooth had also notice the striped creature's escape. As she jerked her head to where she had last seen it, her eyes narrowed. The sabertooth's speed was obviously upgraded as it almost caught up with his prey. Without hesitating, Arakia sprinted forward, glad to know her speed and agility were also enhanced. When she came from behind the cat, she tried to hook her claws into the male's tail in attempt to slow him down a little, but she failed several times. With a hiss, she launched forward, managing to grip the sabertooth's behind with her front claws. With the classical attack, the male faltered, slowing down somewhat. Though the move damaged him a little, he still kept moving, advancing on the little creature on each and every step he took. When he neared, he suddenly lunged forward at the creature, his claws glinting in the sunlight as they tried to close around the mammal. At the sudden move, Arakia's claws unhooked from him, and she rolled onto the ground, almost stunned. Shaking her head, she hurriedly picked herself up. Upon seeing the sight, the lioness had no clue what else to do. With a flick of her tail, she moved forward, slamming her body into the male in attempt to stop the blow. Though she made her move, she was unsure whether she had made it in time or not. After all, why am I even trying to protect it?

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2014, 03:30:49 pm »
"Just A Box Of Rain"

Pitch
Pitch watched the little battle from his rock in awe.  He didn't understand why they were fighting over silly things, and why the big cat was being so rough.  After all, they have all gone through many things, why not just get along?  "When you guys are done down there, I'd like to introduce myself..." He joked.  "Name's Pitch, and you all are?" he said, hoping to maybe stop the little fight.
(Sorry for the short post, I just figured I'd jump in around now :P)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:26:10 pm by ~River~ »
DeviantArt: Riverthefluffybum
Minecraft: artsy_gamer906

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2014, 04:19:32 pm »
Manoah

The thylacine flattened his ears, trying to tune out the terrifying roars of the battling felines behind him whilst he attempted to flee. Nearly paralyzed by fear, Manoah stumbled over his own awkward limbs as he clumsily sprinted up a hill. Scrambling over a rock, he tripped over himself again and tumbled head over heels in a short somersault. Panting in anxiety, he forced himself to shoot a glance over his shoulder, letting out a subtle sigh of relief upon noticing the two were still fully wrapped up in their scrap.

His sandy-golden colored sides heaving, Manoah snapped his head forward again and resumed his flight, struggling up the steepening side of the hill. Behind him, many dislodged pebbles and dirt clumps escaped from beneath his paws while his panicky steps scrambled up the side. As the dirt hill side got steeper, he found it more and more difficult to climb with haste. Clumsily, his paws searched for a solid spot on the earth, only to have more dirt crumble from beneath him and send him tumbling down the hillside in a cloud of dust. Flopping to a halt near the bottom- and nearer to the fight scene, Manoah clambered to regain his footing, huffing with effort and terror. Immediately, he turned tail and darted back up the hillside.

Just as he thought he could let out a sigh of relief, the roar of the saber-toothed cat behind him made him twitch in alarm. Shooting a terror-filled glance backwards, the thylacine let out a yipe of horror to see the saber barreling towards him- the cave lion clinging to its flank being the only thing keeping it from lunging. But, much to Manoah's alarm, the lioness lost her grip. With its newfound freedom, the saber finally launched its attack, its deadly jaws wide with a roar. Shaking violently with fear, Manoah desperately scrambled to escape, but by then, the saber was already upon him. Jaws wide in a yelping gape of agitation, the thylacine flailed onto his back just as the saber landed atop him. Instantly, it lunged its head forward, seeking to sink those massive blade-like canines into his small neck. Manoah curled his body in an attempt at using all four of his paws as a barrier to shove the cat's head away. But before the feline was able to make contact, it was suddenly flung to the side. Heart pounding out of his chest, the young marsupial flung his limbs to get them back beneath him and see what had happened. It was that cave lion again! Does she really want to eat me THAT bad? He thought to himself as he flashed another wide-stretched jaw gape at the two and turned to clamber up the hillside.

Once he had finally made it to the top, he turned to make a retreat- only to run head-on right into the chest of a dire wolf, who was observing the fight. Flopping backwards from the sudden collision, Manoah scrambled back to his paws, staring wide-eyed up at the wolf. His sides heaved heavily as he caught his breath. And right when he thought he could breathe again, he was now right back in danger. He'd heard the wolf say its name was Pitch- a sign that it may be friendly, as it did introduce itself- however, Manoah was too striken with fear to respond.

[[Lol Manoah is going to have a heart attack. XD

"Too much is never enough"
Kelso

Kelso's cocky gaze slowly drifted over to the female that stood before him. "Kelso." He introduced himself after she had, nodding his head. "Heh, nice 'ta meet 'ya, sweet'eart." The canine added with a wink, casually curling his tail around his side while he sat near the two fellow wolves. Before he could speak again, loud roars sounding from across the river quickly snagged his attention, making him perk his chipped ears forward.

"Wot- in the bloody he-" Kelso began to say, narrowing his eyes at the scene that was unfolding. "Pfft. Bloody fools." He finally concluded, huffing from his nostrils. Turning his head away from the violent battle, he refocused on the female- almost as if he'd already tuned the male out completely. "Well then, wot brings you 'round these parts? Not often I run into others." He smoothly said with a smirk, eyeing the fae with his ears slyly slicked back.
sig by me