Author Topic: TREIGTHE - Two camps, grass and forest lands  (Read 1592 times)

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
TREIGTHE - Two camps, grass and forest lands
« on: December 01, 2017, 06:44:27 am »
I've been informed that the map runs fine, though two or three people have told me it can crash quite a bit.  It's a hit or miss with this one.  For this reason, I'll be making a second version of the map that is more lag/crash friendly-- it'll just take away some of the extra giant rocks and sound effects.  Thank you!

"And while I am not sure how the little island came to be, it is undoubtedly bursting with life.  It's green grass, brambles and trees overgrow even the oldest of ruins and rocks.  And the waves around it crash against it's rocky shores...  Treigthe, a miracle."

I've been meaning to put out a new public map for quite some time now.  I created Rovaniik and Amorwind and Konkiraan long ago, and frankly I don't even think their boards are up and around anymore.  I wanted to bring something newer around.

Treigthe here is a little map that consists of only default meshes and retextures of them- which you are free to use, with credit.
I ASK THAT BEFORE COMMENTING YOU READ THE READ ME.  It addresses everything from texture bugs, to how to install, to the weird DS_store file bug thing, the maps rules/terms, and things of the like.  If you genuinely don't understand the read me or it doesn't address your question, please don't hesitate to PM me or comment below, I don't bite.

THE READ ME (in case it doesn't come in the download for some reason? ? ? ?  ) IS LISTED BELOW THE PREVIEWS.  They will take a moment to load up, big image.

READ ME -- ALSO SHOULD BE FOUND IN THE DOWNLOAD.

***** INSTRUCTIONS AND LAG HELP BELOW. ******

YES, YOU CAN….**
- Own an RP in here and RP anywhere in the map.
- Hold private or exclusive RPs.
- Or just download to hang out and look around.
- Use my textures if you credit user leda on feral heart, rookfox on deviant art.  I do make most of the textures used, so credit is appreciated.
- call Treigthe whatever you’d like in your RP, or keep it’s name.  You wanna call it Big Green Hill place in your character’s world? Go for it.  You wanna base an entire RP off the name Treigthe? Also go for it.

NO, YOU CAN’T…**
- RP in general with other people in the map.
- act as though the map was designated for you and your RP/friends
- be generally inconsiderate
- try to kick people out or force them to RP with your group just cause they’re in your way.

IF  YOU RUN INTO A SITUATION WHERE TWO GROUPS WANT THE SAME CAMP…**
The first come first serve rule will come into play.  Or you can come to an agreement, check out the other camp if it’s open, etc.  It’s however the leaders would like to compromise, but if one is not reached then I’d like to maintain first come first serve.
I’ve had past RPs simply block the other while they were RPing, or have a schedule, it really is up to you IF it even comes down to that.

NORMAL FH RULES SHOULD BE FOLLOWED.**

NOW FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS !! YAY!!**
- Open up the download folder.  The .jpg and .png files should go under MEDIA > TERRAINS > TEXTURES*, MEDIA > TEXTURES*, AND MEDIA > MATERIALS*.
- .material files should go under MEDIA > MATERIALS
- All remaining files like .fho and .fhm go under FERALHEART > EXPORTS*
- IF YOU FIND A FILE CALLED DS_STORE OR MACOSX, JUST DELETE IT.  They’re harmless files, I promise.  They’re just extra files my mac gives off when sharing something with a windows computer.  They do not belong in the FH folders and are just a log file that can be swiftly removed.

LAG/CRASHING HELP***
Crashing or lagging?  Keep reading.
- To try and reduce lag, log in and go in game.  Press the esc button, then options.  Then press video.  Click on view distance, turn it all the way down.  Next, click on reflections (still under the video menu) and turn them off.
- Also from the video menu, you can click on “Rendering System” and try a different system.  From my personal experience, OpenGL crashes more but lags less and Direct3D9 crashes less but lags more.

WHITE OBJECTS, MISSING TEXTURES***
This can happen when files aren’t placed correctly or if you have recently gotten a new map and that map interfered with this one.
Your best bet would be to redownload this map and place ALL material files and image files under MEDIA > OBJECTS > MY_OBJECTS* then MEDIA > TEXTURES* and finally MEDIA > MATERIALS*.
If the ground seems to be white or black and yellow, make sure that the following files are placed under MEDIA > TERRAINS > TEXTURES* : Gravels.jpg, DirtRock.jpg, and MediumGrass.jpg

Lastly, please give credit if used for an RP.  Again my in game user is leda and my dA (where I also take map and texture commissions, wink wonk) is Rookfox.
Enjoy !

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:56:54 pm by leda »
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: TREIGTHE - Two camps, grass and forest lands
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 06:52:31 am »
Whoa, this map looks gorgeous...
So vast and spacious c: <3
I need to definitely give this a little exploring when I get the chance to.
Thanks for sharing with the community and well done once again ^^

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 07:04:28 am »
-spits out fruit punch- OH HECK YOU MADE ANOTHER MAP!?!?!?! -throws this on download list- GOTTA CHECK IT OUT ASAP REEEEE!!

I may or may not have just died a little. :,D It does look like a wonderful map.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 07:12:11 am »
This is so incredible! I love the amount of detail and obvious effort put into this map. I'm sure people will love it!! Great job!

in-game: hooli

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 07:45:26 am »
Sadly, the map doesn't work for me. My game stops responding for a good 2 to 3 minutes and when it does start responding, it just gives me a failed to connect to map server. Tried twice, then turned my water reflections off with the same result. Don't know if it's just my computer or what, although since it has all default meshes it should work. Just putting this out there for you. ^^

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 08:01:38 pm »
I had it tested yesterday by a couple people and they said it was fine, so it's likely a computer thing.
I'll look into creating a lag/crash help version of the map tonight then, on the off chance it's crashing for other people (knowing FH I'm sure it will pfft)
thanks for letting me know!
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !