• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • pottymouth posse
    • View Profile
Braces
« on: October 23, 2014, 11:37:09 pm »
Yay.
Braces.

I got them on yesterday and my mouth is hurting like a mother-... like a censored profanity.
I spent about 5 hours yesterday watching all those YouTube videos about braces and a bunch of articles and what to use and how to help the pain and daily routines yadda yadda yadda.
I wanted to know if you guys had any tips for me while I'm just starting out.
My gums were very tender yesterday and I couldn't stand the pain so at the moment I'm just sitting here and avoiding conversations.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 04:32:37 am by WildWolf#1 »

spirit, who could not be broken

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: Braces
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 11:45:35 pm »
I've known some people that've had braces and my one friend just recently got them. I have never had or needed braces, 'cause I have "perfect" teeth(hnnnng).
To me, I find braces totally adorable, but I know the ones that have 'em, hate 'em.
...well, there's me two cents.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 12:27:05 am »
I have thought of getting braces since my top row teeth are not so good. It's almost perfect on my bottom row and idk why. But I can't have limitations to a bunch of foods for a couple of years. I've had a brace for one tooth at the back of my mouth because of a bad cavity for a couple of years when I was little and I couldn't eat stuff like Dots candy, but I wasn't too limited as far as I know.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 12:16:47 pm »
Oh man.
I've always looked at braces as some type of Dark Age torture device.
(Fortunately for me, I don't need them because when I was 11, I face planted on cement, and the cement knocked my teeth into line lol.)

I definitely hope your mouth starts to feel better, love.
I can only imagine the pain.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 06:29:12 pm »

I've always looked at braces as some type of Dark Age torture device.
And that, they are, Jimmy. I got mine on in the beginning of August. And I never got over the torment of not being able to eat all my sugary unhealthiness.

Anyway, as for advice, it only hurts about a week, but in the meantime, take some Advil/Ibuprophen/etc. for the pain.
As for the foods, EVERYTHING IS A LIE. Well, not really, but there are some things under those categories that you can still eat. So far, I've eaten whole apples, taffy, skittles, pretzels, hard candy and mints... and I haven't broken anything so far. Same for my best friends. We always go to the movies together, and we eat like gabones. So I wouldn't go binging on stickies, but you can still have a Laffy Taffy or a Jolly Rancher every now and then, as long as your careful.
But, if you want to play it safe, then yeah, limit your consumptions of that stuff.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

DreamerDay

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 11:31:10 pm »
I has/have braces over for 3 years now. Its still annoying since day one, buts alright I guess. But the most painful moments I have experience, is when the people tightens it and say "its going to hurt." Like, duh. But yeah, its not fun. My teeth are beginning to fall out of its place. Oh well.