Author Topic: Do you have a power complex?  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Drunk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • The Leader
    • View Profile
Do you have a power complex?
« on: October 29, 2016, 10:11:18 pm »
Do you have a power complex? Do you know? How do you cope with it?

Do you know anyone who has a power complex?

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a power complex?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 11:58:33 pm »
What exactly do you mean with a "power complex"?
RETIRED.

Offline Drunk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 09:55:44 am »
I mean that if you are in control of a certain responsibility, do you let the power control you or do you know anyone who has been abusive with authority and where lines come to be drawn between your relationships with those people. I myself experienced it when I was younger, I'm certainly not proud of it no makes me feel awful thinking about it. I wanted to find some others to relate to and if people are going theough it help them realize it before they regret it.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 07:32:40 pm »
No i don't.  But i know many who do!  They always ask people they consider inferior to leave public places, or pour acid in their shoes, kill their pets, beat them up and take their money or delete my posts on the internet.  One of them was a moderator on a forum & quit because everyone was like "Why are you such a bully?".
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Algebra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • missalgebra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 09:22:40 pm »
As in a rank of authority controls you or abuses you?

If that's so..I befriended an owner of a really popular RPG game. Like very popular.

They ended up taking advantage of their authority and trying to persuade me into doing things highly illegal that I felt strongly uncomfortable with. But i'm a rather clingy person so I really keep track of my friendships and usually rely off of one friend.  I relied off of this one because we had so much in common, so he knew that because we'd get in fights over him doing idiotic stuff and i'd always be the one to properly confront the situation.

He told me to do something, which I complied, then told me to do it whenever he asked. The next day he yelled at me, called me derogatory and vulgar terms, then used the information to outright expose me.

I could sue him to this day..He could be in prison for a LONG time. But i'm too scared to ever confront the issue publicly.

I'm extremely depressed and have anxiety so the outcome of the situation caused me to lose real friends and connections from family. I got over it in about a year and was forced to be on medication. I definitely had PTSD from it temporarily.

I' m still super clingy.. And I definitely get a stockholm syndrome drive

This happened to me thrice by the way, but this one was more severe.

It's odd how someone behind a computer screen can screw you every way possible.

Oh yeah; I'm real big  on computers and hacking so they totally used  me for that..And other things..
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:25:03 pm by Algebra »

Offline ShadowPhoenix515

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 02:18:49 am »
I would argue that some of the staff members have a power complex...

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 07:01:39 am »
I would argue that some of the staff members have a power complex...
If you have an issue with a staff member, you're more than welcome to PM one of the other staff. Perhaps preferably Global Mod and above.
If there is an issue where a member of staff isn't behaving like a staffer should, the issue has to be addressed.

----

This seems to be the usual comment from members of any game and community where there is structure and rules to follow.
RETIRED.