Author Topic: Roleplay Etiquette  (Read 16695 times)

FadedTimes

Re: Roleplay Etiquette
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 11:40:01 pm »
This helped a lot ^_^

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 12:59:09 am »
...I love you so much right now.  I've seen well over half of these thing in FH rps, and it's really quite irritating.  Hopefully people will read this.
In-game I am NuclearParadox.

JazzForLife

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 01:19:28 am »
*_* This was such a good idea. + Karma.

ColonelHamilton

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 11:08:33 pm »
15) Roleplaying Alone.  Roleplay is all about interaction.  However, occasionally, someone in a roleplay will not put any effort into interacting with other characters.  They may continually post what their character is doing far off in some distant place.  Sometimes they seem content to play alone; other times they will complain that no one is roleplaying with them.  If you want your character to get attention, put them someplace where other characters are and initiate contact.  Don't expect everyone else to come to you.  At the same time, if you don't mind not interacting with other characters, why roleplay at all when you can just write a story?

16) Just Thoughts.  If you want other characters to react to your character, your character has to do something.  No other character can read your characters thoughts.  If your character is just thinking, as far as anyone else can tell, your character is just standing around.

17) Passivity.  A roleplay post typically involves a reaction to previous actions and an action for others to react to.  However, some people lean to much on their roleplay partner to get things going and keep them going.  For example, a  character may only give short answers like "Uh huh" and "yeah" while in a conversation with another character, forcing the other player ot come up with interesting conversation topics with nothing to work from.

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 11:33:44 pm »
For me, having nothing to work with is seriously killing. Honestly, makes me die inside when that happens. I just think: "Why do I bother?"

Nyanna

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 01:30:15 am »
For me, having nothing to work with is seriously killing. Honestly, makes me die inside when that happens. I just think: "Why do I bother?"

Yep, thats why I don't role-play In-Game or I ask for samples before hand. I won't rp with someone unless I 1. Like they're style. and 2. Think they can live up to meh standards. Sounds picky yes and I don't join may rps but it makes the ones I do join worth it.

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 06:33:34 am »

Yep, thats why I don't role-play In-Game or I ask for samples before hand. I won't rp with someone unless I 1. Like they're style. and 2. Think they can live up to meh standards. Sounds picky yes and I don't join may rps but it makes the ones I do join worth it.
You're not alone on that. My friends and I are all the same way.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Offline Fleech-Hunter

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Holt Lutraaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2011, 07:59:45 am »
More people should read this. I swear it should be required. LOL xD

But still, there's nothing wrong with being a "new" role-player. They're the ones who don't know what OOC/IC and all that jazz means. Nothing wrong with that.

What IS wrong, are ignorant role-players, and those that CHOOSE to remain ignorant. xD

Newbs = okay
Net-tards = fail

But that's just how I see it. xD
"We are the music-makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
~ Willy Wonka

Nyanna

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 11:57:56 am »
More people should read this. I swear it should be required. LOL xD

But still, there's nothing wrong with being a "new" role-player. They're the ones who don't know what OOC/IC and all that jazz means. Nothing wrong with that.

What IS wrong, are ignorant role-players, and those that CHOOSE to remain ignorant. xD

Newbs = okay
Net-tards = fail

But that's just how I see it. xD

Your very much right on that, theres nothing wrong with a "new" role-play because we're all new at one point and time. Its just a matter of putting the time and effort into improving your skills. Its just the fact that there are so many out there that don't know what quality role-playing is. Thats why I made the comment about it would be cool if we had a Role-Play school, rofl. But the only problem with that is to find players who are willing to admit they can do better or that have the drive to do so.

Offline Fleech-Hunter

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Holt Lutraaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 04:53:16 am »
People don't like admitting they're not good at something in general. Role-play is no different. lol xD

It really is a shame.
"We are the music-makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
~ Willy Wonka