Author Topic: Video Issues.  (Read 1258 times)

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
Video Issues.
« on: July 29, 2014, 06:29:06 am »
I can usually navigate the forum very well on my own, but I've an issue with it now.

I'm trying to set up a video for my character, Lumaia's, biography. It's her themesong, and it's quite vital to the bio. I've done it before, but I can't recall how to insert videos into a post. Not the link, but the actual photo. Looking back into my previous posts with videos in them has proved unhelpful, as I have tried what I apparently did in the old post in the biography, but to no avail.

I've tried direct linking, clicking "Embed" on the YouTube video's page and posting that link in here, and the [ url= ] link [ /url].

Any suggestions? Is something not right, or are my video-posting theories incorrect?
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Video Issues.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 06:36:59 am »
Code: [Select]
[url] -enter url here- [/url]
Just put the video url in the url codes, and a redirect link will lead users to the video or use the embed code, not sure if it works but ouo

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Video Issues.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 06:54:48 am »
What I do is merely post the link. No additional codin'. Merely copy/paste the link. Though if the link shows up startin' with https://, I delete the "s" in order for the video to show properly.
Not guaranteein' that it'll work but this is what I normally do when I wish to post a YouTube video here.
gone