Author Topic: Cousin Lost Account?  (Read 3420 times)

Offline ruka-chi

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Cousin Lost Account?
« on: February 09, 2015, 12:02:50 am »
My cousin was on yesterday and we had a good RP session. Today, she has been texting me in ALL CAPS complaining about how she can't log in everywhere. Not on the forums, and not on the game. Her password and username apparently don't match? I called her about it and apparently her email isn't even matching with requested passwords.

Really, guys? You're just gonna delete people's accounts? Was it because she never posted on these forums?

Whose idea was to make that necessary, if so? Ugh. Now I have to share my account with HER and we can no longer interact with our characters in-game because hers are GONE. That bothers me, too. And now we've gotta wait for registration or something? Can't we recover the darn account?

The username was Ocarina of Farts, and I can give out the email if necessary. I can guarantee this account existed and the fact that it is gone is making everything just a little bit more difficult than it should be. -_- I'd have her do it but her account is gone, and I'm the only one able to post about it. God forbid we have to wait until who knows how long just so she can get the username back (if even!) and recover every single character she lost. So very frustrating. I don't like to sound pissy, but this is just one more little frustrating occurrence today that I've been given the privilege of taking care of.

I don't need advice on how to prevent this, either. I would appreciate some direct help because account sharing is NEVER fun.

Good day.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Re: Cousin Lost Account?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 12:06:23 am »
Cradison, her account most likely wasn't deleted.
It's either that...
1.) She's lying for either drama or attention
2.) She doesn't remember the email she used, the username used, and/or the password used.

Also, it could be that her FeralHeart expired and needs to be renewed (Re-installed, basically).
Or it's that her computer had a brainfart, ahah.

Also, you can also contact FeralHeart Staff and bring this to attention.
Also, I noticed you curse. ;-;
Rules state that cursing isn't allowed.

Offline Catalyst

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 12:07:52 am »
The account is gone. After attempting to add it as a friend in-game, and looking at groups we shared, she's simply gone. [Just adding a tidbit of information, since I have been scouring the help forums to see if there was a solution or anything. What I found was this, and it is what cradison was referring to above. http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=50158.0 ]

Offline ruka-chi

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 12:21:32 am »
Cradison, her account most likely wasn't deleted.
It's either that...
1.) She's lying for either drama or attention
2.) She doesn't remember the email she used, the username used, and/or the password used.

Also, it could be that her FeralHeart expired and needs to be renewed (Re-installed, basically).
Or it's that her computer had a brainfart, ahah.

Also, you can also contact FeralHeart Staff and bring this to attention.
Also, I noticed you curse. ;-;
Rules state that cursing isn't allowed.

//breathes

Okay.

Alright.

Drama and attention? She's not twelve. She's a mature adult. I would not expect her to try and start drama and attention-grabbing with me, her best friend and relative, over a 3D animal chat game. So I'll knock that out of the question...

As for the email. I was with her when she made the account. The email is valid. She has the email that the forums sent to her for the account's activation. Thus, your second hypothesis is also invalid.

We have multiple FH's on both of our computers. None of the programs accept her.

Since when did I curse? Trust me, you would know if I did. If you're talking about pissy, I don't recall that being a foul word unless you come from a very protective household. I've read the rules before and fully understand them, and will remove the "P" word if it really is bad enough.

Thank you for responding, however. I hope the staff come across this and are able to be of some use over such a matter. I don't recall this ever happening before with anyone else I know.

And, thank you as well Minuial. ;v;

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 12:38:18 am »
For one.
You don't have to be a "Mature Adult" to know somebody won't be lying. Also, "not expect".
Let me highlight expect.

Then..
There still is a slight chance something in or about the email was forgotten.

Now..
You can only have FH on your computer once, therefore I don't believe that "Multiple FH's" thing. Sorry.

Next..
It still counts as a swear word for my in my rulebook/vocabulary. It literally has the word with a  Y at the end...

Lastly..
I guess, you're welcome.
If you want Staff to come across it easier, you can...
1.) PM one of the Staff members and notify this to them.
2.) Click the "Notify" button next to "Reply" and "Mark Unread".
----
Also, let me say..
Staff are usually busy all the time, so they most likely tend to forget things important and accidently do things.
So there could be a chance a Staff member accidently deleted your cousin's account on accident and didn't realize.

Offline Catalyst

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 12:47:23 am »
Not to butt back in where I am not wanted but
You can only have FH on your computer once, therefore I don't believe that "Multiple FH's" thing. Sorry.

^ You can change the location of the install files. I infact have three games installed. Two complete, and one to pull files as replacements. Not too difficult to do, if you don't just blindly follow the installer.

Done adding unrelated comments, sorry for my intrusion, I simply wished to correct the information given.

Offline ruka-chi

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 01:29:22 am »
For one.
You don't have to be a "Mature Adult" to know somebody won't be lying. Also, "not expect".
Let me highlight expect.

Then..

Now..

Next..
It still counts as a swear word for my in my rulebook/vocabulary. It literally has the word with a  Y at the end...

Lastly..
I guess, you're welcome.
If you want Staff to come across it easier, you can...
1.) PM one of the Staff members and notify this to them.
2.) Click the "Notify" button next to "Reply" and "Mark Unread".
----
Also, let me say..
Staff are usually busy all the time, so they most likely tend to forget things important and accidently do things.
So there could be a chance a Staff member accidently deleted your cousin's account on accident and didn't realize.

Then..

Now..

Next..

We all have our levels of tolerance, I suppose.

I understand people make mistakes, but by golly... I wish there was a system in place that tracked in-game activity to help prevent this. It would save a lot of frustration and prevent snippy people like me from crawling out of the depths of Tartarus and onto this forum to rip some random respondent a new one. Though it might not seem like a big deal from a wide perspective, not all of us horde accounts to give out for those in need. Trust me, I'd've handled this a lot differently if I had backup.

Anyways, I'll probably just leave this around for whoever to pick up, if the staff go over these threads enough.

It might not have been too clearly-put, but I am not a fan of forums of any kind, so forcing myself to bring up the issue here was even more deterring. Hopefully the account can be uprooted from wherever it went and I can keep this one to myself, lol.

G'night.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 02:06:18 am »
My computer doesn't allow FeralHeart to be downloaded multiple times. :P
------------
Was your sister SURE she didn't make a mistake at all?
Not a single thing missing or misspelled, username and/or password though? :P

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 04:13:29 am »
Woah there, relax tis gonna be alright floof~

Chances are the server glitched and deactivated her account, either this or she didn't activate it correctly. Have her send and email to [email protected] using the email she registered with and it should activate it if it wasn't done correctly. Either this or look below.

Wait for regestartion to open again and create a new account. The server might have deleted the account or it wasn't activated before registration closed. This might be the easier solution as registration opens every day for 2 hours at random.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 05:21:02 am »