Author Topic: Majora's Mask - One of the Darkest games ever?  (Read 5962 times)

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
Majora's Mask - One of the Darkest games ever?
« on: July 15, 2012, 04:31:03 pm »
I have never seen a game be this perfectly dark before, especially for an E rated game.

Majora's mask is a Zelda game, where the Hero of Time, Link, is trapped in an alternate universe apparently, with familiar characters, but where there is a creepy suicidal moon that's going crash into the world in three game days. But luckily your able to go back in time and keep going to stop the corrupted Skull Kid from making the moon destroy the world of Termina. During your journey you collect different mask that can change Link's form such as a Deku, Goron, and Zora. They all give you special powers that can help you complete the game. There are other special masks that give you different powers and abilities such as the Bremen mask.

For a Zelda game this is extremely dark, but I luff it! It's scary so well and very unsettling but that's what makes it so great. Some people's imaginations are very strange and creative at the same time. Thanks Shigeru!

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Re: Majora's Mask - One of the Darkest games ever?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 06:44:01 pm »
I remember Majora's Mask, I still have it somewhere. I agree, it is very dark. When I first played it, I didnt understand it and it frustrated me how many times that you had to travel back in time and re-doing the same events and getting stuck in the same places. I acctually considered finishing it not long ago until I saw some videos of further ahead in the game and Ikana Canyon or however you spell it made my change my mind. That music is SO creepy and Im like... a total chicken anyway. So I decided against it. I still need to finish Ocaraina of Time, anyway.

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 09:28:31 pm »
Yes, I honestly didn't feel good playing it because of the ominous feeling of "OH MAI GAWSH IM GONNA DIE". Ocarina of Time is one of favorite games, kind of confusing story at some times. Ikana Canyon made me want to turn the game off so bad, because of the music. I also think so many characters are very weird and strange like the Happy Mask Salesman. "Why is he choking meh!" I thought when he got really angry.

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:31:25 pm »
I know and then the next minute he has this creepy big smile and I think about it later like "Dude, what is WRONG with this guy?"

But yeah, Ikana Canyon would have been too much for me if I had made it that far, the videos freaked me out enough. Its a good thing I dont play horror video games. I watched my brother play one once, it scared us both. x.x

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:40:19 pm »
I play some horror games but not much usually it's just Resident Evil. But the Regenerators from Resident Evil 4 are terrifying they come when you least expect it!

Wulffyy

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:44:25 pm »
I cannot stand this game...
It's too creepy for meh and I hate having to see that freakin' moon in about every intro to each new area.
This game has so many secrets but they're really depressing, about every one of them.

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 10:12:17 pm »
Thats the sad part. I think IF your the kind of person (Not me) that can get through the creepy stuff and dosent mind going back repeatedly, its probably an awesome game. I mean, its earned awesome reviews. But honesty? Ill likely never get it finished.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 10:31:51 pm »
A lot of people I've talked to about MM complained about the repetition.

The strangeness of Majora's Mask makes me think of it as taking place in a nightmare of sorts, since I noticed many things throughout the game subconsciously connected to a way Link might have felt after the events of Ocarina of Time (for those who finished it and understand where I'm getting at, anyway).

I mean, Link was sent back in time after saving the world and no one knows about it. I'd feel pretty rejected and friendless were I in his shoes, honestly. He had no Zelda, no Navi, no nobody once he was sent back. That would suck, terribly.

I remember there was an article with a detailed summary of what certain things mean throughout the game, and I found it very believable. Problem is I can't remember where it was so I can't find it. > >

Offline Flamestar

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • "For the Clans!"
    • View Profile
    • Moonrise~ Warrior Cats
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 09:25:40 pm »
Ha! If you think the original MM is dark and creepy, then check out the Ben Drowned creepypasta! Also, check out Jadusable's videos... It is CREEPY! Ben Drowned is like some sort of twisted creepy version of the original game and is very dark... Ben Drowned makes Majora's Mask (Original) Seem like the happiest, brightest game in the world... Seriously, people, check it out...
"The Slenderthayne are nothing but evil... the Clans will vanquish them, and we can live in the light once more.... For the Clans, die, Darkoblivion!" ~Moonstar's battlecry against the Slenderthayne

Wulffyy

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 09:44:43 pm »
I've heard of Ben drowned its a hack I was able to get someone to make a replica of it, although Jadusable's videos are creepy, anyone can do something like that even with photo evidence.
I really only play MM now to do the 4th Day glitch X3
There's also a pretty interesting theory about the Triforce as well.