Poll

Out of the Sims franchise, which generation is your favorite?

Sims 3
12 (57.1%)
Sims 2
3 (14.3%)
The Sims
0 (0%)
All of them
6 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Sims (1~3)  (Read 7167 times)

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
Sims (1~3)
« on: August 05, 2012, 10:48:43 pm »
Hello fellow Simmers,

I have been wondering around on the forums and FH to see that some games have become popular with the community such as Okami/Okamiden, Skyrim, Slendermen, and etc  Well now, it's time put on your plumbobs and show your love for the Sims franchise as I haven't found anyone yet who does! If you do play or have played any Sims-related game, share your experiences here from short stories, screenshots, or even machinimas that you've created, find interesting, or find hilarious. If you have any questions regarding the Sims or would like to know about them, leave a question and I or any other Simmers will gladly answer them if we have the time to!

The Sims
The original game created by Maxis, The Sims, is a strategic life-simulation game that focused on fulfilling a Sim's needs for a living environment. The expansions packs included in this game are Livin' Large, House Party, Hot Date, Vacation Unleashed, Superstar , and Makin' Magic. This generation lasted  from 200 to 2004 when Sims 2 was released.

The Sims 2
Sims 2 was published by Electronic Arts who is the current owner of the Sims franchsie all together besides the original Sims which is still owned by Maxis. This game still follows the same concept of it's predecessor but it added more features for the Sims such as wants and needs. Th expansions packs included in this game are University, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, FreeTime , and Apartment Life. This is the first generation to feature stuff packs that are usually associated with several of the expansion packs such as Seasons with Holiday Stuff Pack. The stuff packs include Holiday Party Pack, Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff, Celebration Stuff, Happy Holiday, H&M Fashion Stuff, Teen Style Stuff, Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff, IKEA Home Stuff, and Mansion and Garden Stuff. This generation lasted from 2004 to 2008.

Rules

• 1. Do not argue over what game is better and etc. All the games are good and bad in their own ways and we do not need enemies to be  made over simple video games. Kapeesh?
  • 2. Please be literate. I understand that seems like an odd rule but I don't want to see "thiz is Bob n Kylde on the beah last sunday, lolol." Please try your best if English isn't your first language; I understand that many European users do use the forums.
  • 3. Please respect others, give constructive criticism and be honest; just don't say said product "sucks" if you don't even know how to help the person.
  • 4. If you have any content regarding adult material, DO NOT POST IT HERE. You can pm the other member you're interested in sharing it with but do not dare post it here even if it has warnings.
  • 5. Follow all FH rules and have a good time

Keep on Simming!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:54:32 pm by SoaringAway »

Offline Eggy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Sims (1~3)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:22:29 am »
I love the Sims 3 :) I have all of the expansion packs, except for Fast Lane Stuff, and I'm going to get it soon :D
Also, I CAN'T WAIT for Seasons and Supernatural.... They come out somewhat near my birthday and I'm going to beg my parents to get me them :D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 02:27:58 am by ?Night_Hawk? »

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 04:30:03 am »
Finally, another fellow simmer x3! I also adore the Sims 3 but I still miss the good ol' original. I only have one of the stuff packs (Outdoor Living Stuff) since i never did find they add gameplay just more re-textured items. I also can't wait for Supernatural and Seasons, I want just want to see a ghost, mummy, fairy, werewolf, witch, and vampire duke it out in a snowball fight. It's a bit of a shame that they're releasing them both at such a close time; it's quite a bad business move.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 04:49:06 am »
I also play sims and i love them all, ever since i played the first i just couldnt stop playing. I personally love building the houses and furnishing them, its what i love best about the games :D

Ive heard a sims 4 is out and a sims 5 is in the making :o
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 04:56:18 am »
If they are, that's going to be insane! If they're already in the works of a Sims 4 and 5, they should at least see the results of the Sims 3 generating since a lot of fans are upset from EA's customer satisfaction when it came for customer support. Nice to see someone else who knows of the original (and has played it too.)

Offline Eggy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 04:57:40 am »
Actually, Sims 4 isn't out yet, they're still working on some finishing touches :3

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 05:54:49 pm »
It seems a bit too soon for Sims 4 to come out, isn't it? They gave Sims 2 four years but if they're already in the works of Sims 4, shouldn't they try to fix Sims 3 too? xD

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 01:02:10 am »
I absolutly love the Sims franchize. I originally had the first along with the SuperStar expansion. This was a game I personally enjoyed. The funny simlish talk, the actions, and despite the not so good quality, for a simulater, it was a great game. I've never gotten the chance to play the second game. But I've watched TONS of series involving Sims 2. I want it badly. But my friend said she would find her copies and give them to me. I'm crossing my fingers XD

When it comes to Sims 3, I want to say, to some extent I am a bit disappointed with it. I feel that EA didn't put enough effort as Maxis had. Don't get me wrong, I love the graphics. I have all expansion packs up to Pets. Not to mention I've modded the heck out of it.

Originally, I used the first Sims to have fun and go thru a sim life. But for Sims 3, I find myself more drawn to making houses. A large majority of the mods are decorations for houses. I absolutly adore making houses. I think I make them more than I actually play the game. And when I do actually play, I'm killing off my sims and just playing as the pets XD

But gawd! I can't wait for seasons! I'm jittery just thinking about it. X3

Edit: Also about the Sims 4 thing. If I remember correctly, a Sims 4 url domain was licensed by EA. So it is unclear if the game is in working progress atm.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:04:38 am by Tanglemask »

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

wolfgirl56

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 01:10:09 am »
I've never played the Sims, but I've seen some videos on YouTube. c:

Offline Eggy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 02:59:10 am »
Crystal. Go buy it nowz!! Otherwise, no cookie for you :3

Haha, I'm kidding. It is REALLY fun though. You should seriously consider buying it. =)