Author Topic: Stranded on an Island?  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Stranded on an Island?
« on: August 19, 2014, 06:42:49 pm »
So, random topic here c:... But I'd like to know what you'd do if you was stranded alone on an island for 3 months. Think of these things:

Are you surrounded on an island with jungle tropics, forest or other?

Who would be missing you the most at home?

How would you deal with hunger, what would you eat?

Who would you most likely/want to be with on that island?

What 4 things would you have with you?

Where would you build shelter, or where would you shelter?

How would you help the people you are with survive?

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded on an Island?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 07:11:53 pm »
the only thing i'd want if i were stranded on an island is a book that tells you how to build a raft to get off an island.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 07:35:36 pm »
Um...I think I would like to be in a mountainous region with not too many trees. I would miss....Um...hmm...I guess my parents? I would eat berries and fruit. I would want my steer to be on the island with me. I would have my phone, my steer's halter, a blanket, and a spare phone battery. I would build my shelter in a nook in the mountain side made of bushes, rocks, and clay. If I did find people I would help them scavange, find materials, make shelters. But in exchange they had to be nice to me and my steer.

Offline KayeLioness

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • lionheartedroar
    • channel/UCf55_QQFTcy9rMRzggjYHwQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 03:09:41 pm »
Probably an island with jungle tropics.

My kitten ;n;

Red's cooki... I mean... hm, let's see, some sand. :I

My kitten |D

My phone, my kitten, my laptop with FH, and internet :'D

Make a little sand hut and live with the crabs c:

Build them shelter.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 04:09:33 pm »
Pft, I must answer to this. I'll make it as honest as possible, so it might be a little weird.. lol
Ok, I think I'd be stranded on a island with a tropical climate- basically a jungle.
I'd defiantly miss my family- I don't know what I would do.
Hm. It really depends on my situation. I'll do what I replied to question number one. If I were on a miniature jungle island, my main food source would probably be animals like monkeys, and certain crustaceans, however, I'd really have to cope with eating that stuff- I'm a terribly picky eater. For water, of course it's an island, however it will most likely be salt water, making it undrinkable. I'd have to probably find muddy pools or something of the sort.. I've also heard that (large) leaves hold moister, so maybe that could be a little.
I have a strong answer on this question: no one. That's just another mouth to feed- I wouldn't keep them long. Sure, I might become very lonely, but I think survival is much more important. Now, if it were a family member, I honestly have no idea what I'd do; I'd just have to wait the day I'm stranded on an island I guess.
I have more than four things in mind, however I think a bowl, water purification tablets, a Swiss army knife, and matches to endure survival. I don't think I'd have to worry about rope to much since I'm in a jungle and there's vines everywhere, however I'm not sure. I would defiantly not bring a phone, since it would die eventually, and even if you could call someone, you are stranded on an island. You don't know where you are... xD
Hmm, maybe on the side of a cliff, or somewhere around the edge of the water, like the beach.
Honestly I wouldn't do anything, if anything I'd probably kill them immediately (or keep them alive for a little bit to see if they know anything about surviving and/or building a shelter, but they'd be dead eventually) since they are taking away my own food course. It's almost like competition in the animal world. As brutal as that sounds, think about it: There's someone else living with you on a deserted island who's chances of surviving aren't even high. Wouldn't you get rid of them so you do not have food wasted, and other stuff being used up to quickly too?

Yeah, you probably don't want to be on an island with me... lol

Offline Necropossum

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Goatlinqs.exe has crashed
    • MayasiRin
    • Goatlinqs_jpg
    • View Profile
    • ColorsLive
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 05:15:02 pm »
Most likely I'd get bad luck and be on a desert island. But I'd like to hope I'd be on a tropical jungle island...

My cat butter

Probably animals if I could catch any and maybe plants... If I knew what they were :3 maybe humans...

No body it would end In them being eaten... By me if I got hungry enough.

A knife or machete, a backpack, one of those water bottles that purify the water, and at least some food.

Most likely in a tree but maybe in a cave in a cliff or something.

I wouldn't. If people were with me I'd only keep them around until I got hungry and then eat them.

Darkky your worst deserted island buddy :3

Signature drawn by Me

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 01:57:18 am »
PSH. I watch Survivorman, bruh. I'm all set.

Okay, for realzies.
I'd definitely prefer to be on a tropical island, like in the Caribbean or something to be specific.
I believe situations like that are easier to survive, though they've got obvious disadvantages like the sun and storms and whatnot.
First of all, I'd hang out near the beach, but closer to the tree-line- that's where I'd build my shelter probably out of palm fronds or something.

As for the things I'd bring with me, I'd probably bring Vask *Pulls Vask out of backpack* so we can be fabulous and party. Also, I'd bring a hunting knife, a lighter, and maybe a pot for boiling water to make it drinkable.

For food, this is where the scenario of a tropical island would come in handy. Islands like that are just CRAWLING with all sorts of edible goodness! Be it spear-fishing or simply picking up crabs and sea snails from the shore, meals would be no trouble, really.

As for helping those that are with me, I'd definitely teach them what I already know- building shelters, hunting/fishing and whatnot. We could help each other in the area of food, maybe even have shifts of who gathers food when. I dunno really. I think for the sake of survival it would be easier if I were alone, but for the sake of sanity it would be good to have someone else- 'cause without someone to talk to I'd end up talking to a Volleyball named Wilson.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me