Author Topic: Black Poison (Warning: Long Thread)  (Read 3844 times)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Black Poison (Warning: Long Thread)
« on: March 15, 2015, 02:47:50 am »

Offline Corporal~Levi

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • If you don't fight, you can't win.
    • View Profile
Re: Black Poison (Warning: Long Thread)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 06:56:29 pm »
Er... you do realize you could probably just put this up on fanfiction.net, right? A fanfiction doesn't really, eh... need it's own entire website, nor would it ever even need donations, and also could never be sold in stores due to copyright issues. If you try to make money off of a fanfiction without permission from the creators, which is really hard to get and I'm pretty sure you need to pay for the rights, you could get into serious legal trouble.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 07:25:56 pm »
Which is why I wrote "Sadly though, it might never end up in stores."
And I never plan to make a donation's box anyways. Mainly because I'm too lazy to.

The reason of the website is so people have a website to enter characters, submit artwork, share other media other than literature, and have a discussion place.

Offline blackmailchan

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • CerealSoup
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 12:04:12 pm »
The reason of the website is so people have a website to enter characters, submit artwork, share other media other than literature, and have a discussion place.[/color][/font][/i][/center]

don't u have some of those already....

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 09:36:35 pm »
All those websites, I don't even use anymore.

And by that the things in the quotes
"enter characters" - For me to use in the story. I've mentioned in already.
"submit artwork" - I mentioned this to. Submit artwork to use as covers and/or chapter images.

"share other media other than literature, and have a discussion place" - Black Poison relate discussion, and of course all my websites have a media section for both on-topic and off-topic.

Plus, those other websites aren't even important stories. They're just games that I've wanted to make but nobody ever signs up and therefore I never have any Staff to help work on the game.
----------------------
And seriously guys. If you're going to post it, let it NOT be something like bashing on me or the website or saying something rude, etc etc.

Offline goldfeathers

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 05:55:18 pm »
Firstly, forums take much more than sitting back and watching them grow. You need to actually dedicate the majority of your time towards it; and when I say time, I mean months or even years to gather the right 'crowd'. It doesn't take a click of a finger to have a full on community reaching numbers of a couple thousand as you make it seem it does.

Secondly, if you are never planning to have a donation box then why put it in the FAQ? I am not even sure it is a FAQ...
Lastly, no one here is being harsh, they're just honest members who aren't afraid of sharing their opinions and views on your "forums" thread. So if you view their comments as harsh then you haven't met a full on hater.
An important part of solving a problem is admitting you have one.
?
"If he's hurting you, why are you still thinking about him?"
"Because I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all..."
??

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 06:27:49 pm »
Actually, I have met a  "full on hater". Trust me, I am already depressed enough in life. I even made a "Life Rant" thread on another website (Nobody posted which proves just how much people don't care about my feelings).

Also, it is a FAQ. I answered questions that my friends kept bombarding me with, and some even came from a teacher at my school when I said my plans for the series.

Lastly, I know it doesn't take a "click of a finger". I have other websites that have literally 0 members (except myself).
I still have to sit here and watch as the numbers DON'T grow.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 07:59:14 pm »
Arugh, do ye have the original creators' permission to use their characters? More so base yer own series off of what they have worked hard to establish?
While fan fiction may be on the okay scale, actual publishin', possible TV shows/video games, donations is, I dare be blunt, out of the question for it's illegal.
In all honesty, methinks it'll be more beneficial and better if ye create an original plot, story, characters, etc. all on yer own if ye plan on meetin' such high standards.

Lastly, no one here is being harsh, they're just honest members who aren't afraid of sharing their opinions and views on your "forums" thread.
Arf, that bein' said, I mean not to sound as if I'm bashin' yer work. I just see things a bit off here that I found it necessary to address, Ms.
gone

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 01:03:35 am »
Arugh, do ye have the original creators' permission to use their characters? More so base yer own series off of what they have worked hard to establish?
While fan fiction may be on the okay scale, actual publishin', possible TV shows/video games, donations is, I dare be blunt, out of the question for it's illegal.
In all honesty, methinks it'll be more beneficial and better if ye create an original plot, story, characters, etc. all on yer own if ye plan on meetin' such high standards.

Lastly, no one here is being harsh, they're just honest members who aren't afraid of sharing their opinions and views on your "forums" thread.

Arf, that bein' said, I mean not to sound as if I'm bashin' yer work. I just see things a bit off here that I found it necessary to address, Ms.

I agree with Vespian here. Creating something original would benefit ye' more as an author than basing off of anothers work. It is indeed illegal to publish fan fictions, aka basing off someone elses characters or work. Not to be harsh, but a forum does need work and lots of it to keep things tidy and get work done, along with game creation. Took me 8 hard months of working on my own to program my own server, not sitting back and watching.

Hope I wasn't sounding rude or blunt...sorry in advance if it seemed as such.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 01:21:29 am »
To add to what Whisper said 'publishing' fanfictions on sites such as Fanfiction.net or Wattpad is just fine. Although it is illegal to actually go and try to get it published by a publishing company into an actual book and make a profit on it.

Just clarifying in case her statement wasn't clear. But this Fanfiction does sound neat and I would be interested in reading it I just don't think it requires a full website or anything as it can't exactly be PUBLISHED.

Also, I don't understand why this is in the 'Other Games' thread as there are no actual plans to make it into a game? Maybe this should've gone into just Off-Topic Discussion instead? Not trying to mini-mod or anything just confused about that part.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:25:06 am by Toonanimals »

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!