Author Topic: Z.O. Animal & Fantasy Creature Based MMORPG  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
Z.O. Animal & Fantasy Creature Based MMORPG
« on: November 24, 2015, 08:52:12 am »
I've been planning this game for a while now and I think maybe I want to start making it. This is not going to be an IT server, btw. I also don't have the money to host a server, so I'm going to make a single player rpg version first (with a story obviously) before the mmorpg.

The completed game will include all sorts of realistic animals, well known fantasy creatures, and some original never before seen creatures imagined by yours truly. There will also be a plethora of awesome features to maximize the interactiveness of your roleplay experience with other players, and creative freedom in character and level creation.

This game is going to be a huge project that will take a lot of time to make... And to be honest, I have nothing other than concept art right now. Although, I do have a forum I am setting up, along with it's own wiki for the game/story. This is definitely something I want to complete though, as I think it will be amazing to have an interactive experience inside the world of my own personal novel series I am writing, which this game will be based around.

Do you think it's too early to try starting a community for this game and ask for support? If you guys think it's not too early, I will gladly provid the link to the forum so anyone can join.

Also, I don't know if I want to ask for a team to help me make the game because I want this to be professional quality... I'm just not sure if many people here meet the standards of what I am looking for. But finding actual professional people ouside of a place like this would definitely require having to pay them, and I don't have the money to hire people whatsoever...

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Re: Z.O. Animal & Fantasy Creature Based MMORPG
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 10:44:45 am »
It's not too early, really.
Once you decide to start making a game and you get everything all set up, that should actually be the next step. Getting your support needed, getting members to join and if you want: A Staff team to help you build and/or guide you along the way. Staff should also be used to moderation purposes, as well.
There's plenty of people out there in the gaming community that surely know how to make high-quality game models. I'm not one of those people, of course, but you'll eventually find that/those person/people.

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 05:37:39 am »
Ah, that's right! I almost forgot about forum staff. I'll get my layout finished up before I post the link, and then I'll most likely start asking for staff members.

I think I'll still wait on finding people to help make the game though.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 01:22:59 pm »
If needed, I can help on the forums.
I'm more experienced with working on forums, not games. I even own a few websites myself.

Offline goldfeathers

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 10:47:39 pm »
That's true, but slightly too many forums...In fact, I am mind boggled how you can still go about asking for positions on the team "helping with forums" when you have about 20 forums of your own and help with about 20 more, ?K???s??x?
An important part of solving a problem is admitting you have one.
?
"If he's hurting you, why are you still thinking about him?"
"Because I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all..."
??

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 12:05:10 am »
I wasn't exactly asking for a position within the team, I was offering to help if needed. I honestly have my own time within my hands, so I basically gave up on all my websites (And the websites I joined are either hacked and never coming back, still in development, or game websites I had to join in order to download the game). I now only focus on 2 websites (Only one of them is mine) and my sort of online job of writing.
I'm not so excited as I used to be when I was younger to help websites in development and such.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 07:51:00 am »
This sounds like it'll be really cool, I'm interested in seeing your game's progression. x3 Maybe even helping a little bit, if I can, although I'm not exactly the most professional person. I can draw a little bit, I guess, but that's it... Hopefully sometime in the future I can figure more stuff out.

Offline enseeyar

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • who are you, that you do not know your history?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 11:41:56 am »
Ah, the good ol' original games. I would be more than glad to help, but i can't do anything. XD. I can draw, but that's basically all. Anyways, 'm lookin' forward to the game developing! Maybe i will learn something.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 07:32:00 pm »
All I'm going to say here is if you have nothing good or helpful to say than don't anything at all. You know who you are. Please be respectful and mindful of what you say too others.