Author Topic: Okami and Okamiden!~ -May Contain Spoilers-  (Read 15443 times)

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
Re: Okami and Okamiden!~
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 10:47:48 pm »
Ohh, there's blood. You just need to get to Orochi.

And btw, yes, Okami had blood. It looked like fire, though. Remember all the "fire" from Orochi in Okami? Yeah, that was blood.

And I just beat Okamiden's English version, so good with the emotional endings... ;w;

Great game, but no where near as great as Okami was imo.

*Oh, and, yes. xD I think they made up most of the characters in Okamiden, as I see them no where in Shinto mythology. And I would know.. I'm Japanese, and I've studied Shinto forever. ;P*
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:49:28 pm by Gem »

TealSkeletore

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 11:13:35 pm »
I got an Okamiden ROM, so far I'm finding it rreeeeally boring. I mean, I haven't played Okami before and I was hoping it would be more exciting. But I'm only at the beginning so I suppose it will get better. But it's just so slow paced! Argh! And it annoys me how you can't speed up the character's speech in cut scenes. It would be better if the cut scenes were voice acted as well.

Still waiting for the game to get more interesting, right now it feels very slow and childish xD

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 12:14:58 am »
Heh. xD Yeah, the chat speak in cutscenes annoys me too, and the thing is with the voice acting, in Okami, they didn't have it either. But in Okami, the peoples' head bobbed up and down while they spoke.. I kinda miss that LOL. It was entertaining, I always laughed at the people bobbing their heads when they talk. And actually, my friend and I were considering taking the cutscenes from Okamiden and voice acting them, then putting them on Youtube loooooool.
The overall gameplay of Okamiden was pretty nice to me, the bosses.. could be dealt with a bit, and there were a few parts in the game that drove me insane. xD But the game overall got like, an 8.5 out of 10. It was better than I thought it would be.

Wanderer

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 12:26:25 pm »
Can't believe i didn't see the okami/okamiden thread. xD

I've got both games, Completed Okami 4 times...
Still working on okamiden atm.

I find okamiden entertaining, It's actually a really good game. xD

Offline LadeVenom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • uwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 11:37:22 pm »
Oh no... You have to kill Orochi AGAIN? Lol. Oh, right, I forgot about the "fire" blood xD I'mma at the part with... The blond dude that calls you "dude" all the time (Can't remember the name) sooo... I'm not sure how far I am xDDD Probably not very far ;P

Irkalla

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 12:34:25 am »
>:( Okami still hasn't been shipped yet. Though, it does have a low likely of getting shipped. Thats what I get for renting...I guess.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 12:42:31 am »
@Venom: Kurow. xD I guess you're kinda far, you've got ways to go though. ;P
And you don't much "kill" Orochi, you don't battle him. (Haha, sorry to spoil it, but you don't.) But the sites of Orochi's death is of major importance to the game, and you'll find out why later... ;P

Liekos

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 04:22:07 am »
Never played it, seems interestin' though :3

Irkalla

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 06:05:51 pm »
YAYAYYAYYAYAY Okami shipped! I HOPE it'll come by Monday. Itsgonnabethebestgameintehworldeeeevvvveerrrrrr!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 08:36:22 pm »
I've started again on Okami, playing with the weapons when they're eqipped but I still have the combo moves and I was wondering why I was knocking the daylights out of monsters likethere was no tomorrow. Also practising with brush techniques more.
2nd fight with Waka though, got imaptient, upgraded everything, defense, attack, vengance slips the whole lot and just kicked his high-heeling half bit booty