Author Topic: Sooo, Rareware/Rare games? (Talking about retro)  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
Sooo, Rareware/Rare games? (Talking about retro)
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:00:56 pm »
Going down memory lane. Y'all know, some of those "old" games from N64 (which I still have, thank gawd). Back where Nintendo and Rare used to work together.

*sigh* Good times.

Anywho, what was your favorite game from Rare back in the "golden years"?

Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie were my all-time favorites (even though I bought B-T first and discovered B-K until nearly 3 years later, sometime after the GC was created). So lucky I still had it.

*Edit: Mentioned "memory lane" twice. Mai bad.

Ayyy~

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: Sooo, Rareware/Rare games? (Talking about retro)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 02:55:39 am »
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie were some of my absolute favourite games on the N64. I still have my Tooie cartridge somewhere. :C but I traded in my 64 for a GameCube all the way back when the GameCube was new.

Click Clock Woods and Terrydactyl land were my favourite levels in those games XD

:\ I disliked it when Rare moved to Microsoft or whatever that was. I never played that new Banjo Kazooie game, but I didn't like the looks of it.

I also liked Diddy Kong Racing XD. I never owned it, but rented it a lot.

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 07:24:23 am »
i love banjo and kazooie are still my favorite, even today. i for some reason liked to make banjo walk on the bird and laugh O_o
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 06:23:26 pm »
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie were some of my absolute favourite games on the N64. I still have my Tooie cartridge somewhere. :C but I traded in my 64 for a GameCube all the way back when the GameCube was new.

Click Clock Woods and Terrydactyl land were my favourite levels in those games XD

:\ I disliked it when Rare moved to Microsoft or whatever that was. I never played that new Banjo Kazooie game, but I didn't like the looks of it.

I also liked Diddy Kong Racing XD. I never owned it, but rented it a lot.
i love banjo and kazooie are still my favorite, even today. i for some reason liked to make banjo walk on the bird and laugh O_o

-and here I though I was the only one with a 64. (I love you guys! <3) Anywho, my mom bought me a Gamecube, so I still have my 64 along with some games (21 to be exact. ^^'). And the new Banjo-Kazooie game, "Nuts and Bolts" sort of ruined the franchise. They didn't have SOME platforming in there, they changed it into some creation game (Like Spore for example, but building machines/contraptions instead of creatures). -but other than that, yeah I got the first two games and completed both (All Jiggies and Music Notes). Also, I have Diddy Kong Racing. So fun, I loved playing as Timber and Conker. X3 Don't forget about Mario Kart 64, Donkey Kong is in that. (Still trying to get gold in all of the Extra stages, so frustrating, I find myself swearing my head off in the game XD)

Good times, good times. Even my sis is playing it with me a few times (She gets frustrated too.) Not to mention Mario Tennis and Mario Golf 64 (though I haven't played MG 64 since 2004 from my friends house, doubt that she has it...). Sure they aren't Rare's games, but they have their (used to be) Mascot, DK in there (At least Nintendo gave credit to Rare for allowing them to use DK in some of their games).

*phew* Haven't posted like that in AGES! Bwaah ha ha!

Ayyy~

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 10:24:42 pm »
XD carmen, i have a game-cube still, and its in pretty good condition, when im mad at someone i get on it and get on lord of the rings >:-)
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 03:33:33 am »
-and here I though I was the only one with a 64. (I love you guys! <3) Anywho, my mom bought me a Gamecube, so I still have my 64 along with some games (21 to be exact. ^^'). And the new Banjo-Kazooie game, "Nuts and Bolts" sort of ruined the franchise. They didn't have SOME platforming in there, they changed it into some creation game (Like Spore for example, but building machines/contraptions instead of creatures). -but other than that, yeah I got the first two games and completed both (All Jiggies and Music Notes). Also, I have Diddy Kong Racing. So fun, I loved playing as Timber and Conker. X3 Don't forget about Mario Kart 64, Donkey Kong is in that. (Still trying to get gold in all of the Extra stages, so frustrating, I find myself swearing my head off in the game XD)

Good times, good times. Even my sis is playing it with me a few times (She gets frustrated too.) Not to mention Mario Tennis and Mario Golf 64 (though I haven't played MG 64 since 2004 from my friends house, doubt that she has it...). Sure they aren't Rare's games, but they have their (used to be) Mascot, DK in there (At least Nintendo gave credit to Rare for allowing them to use DK in some of their games).

*phew* Haven't posted like that in AGES! Bwaah ha ha!
I had....maybe...11 or more games? I wish I knew where I put them.

Ugh that really is dissappointing about the new Banjo Kazooie :\. I never did manage to get all the Jiggies and Notes, I came close though. But some were really annoying to get, so I never got them. I think I managed to rescue all the Jinjos in Tooie though.
I don't remember who I played as in Diddy Kong Racing, I do remember I'd put in codes or something to play as Drumstick |D

Mario Kart was one of my first games on the 64, it was real fun, aside from the hax CPU players who'd ALWAYS be behind you no matter how far in front you were. I played as Bowser XD. And yeah gah, the CPU got nasty in the Extra Mode. I'd spend most of the time going "how? What. No. 8|"

I had all the Smash Bros too, that ended up having both DK and Diddy in it in the last one XD