Author Topic: Returning Members  (Read 6320 times)

Offline SpazPaint

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Returning Members
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2019, 10:23:22 pm »
I had joined in 2012 and didn't play FH for YEARS afterwards due to my laptop at the time not being able to handle the game very well (too many trips to Bonfire Island I guess lol).

But I came back on a whim in 2017-ish and heard about that big 1.15 patch. I wasn't sure what to expect but I started playing again and got hit with a HUGE nostalgia wave.
I still lurk every once in a while, whenever I'm not too busy with college and college-related stress lol.

I think that it's great that older members come back to visit sometimes!

Offline Twinedtail

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • basically i'm monky...
    • View Profile
Re: Returning Members
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2019, 01:11:33 am »
i actually didn't return because of the update, but i would check in a few times every year and never really returned because i'd find that so many groups had tended to use Discord as their main roleplay platform and only ever logged onto FH to recruit-- along with some other little things. i don't want to complain because i really do love this game, but the roleplay samples and making accounts for other websites and the constant learning new ranks and spending half our time trying to figure out the first line and how to stretch it into 4 paragraphs made it even harder on top of me being really busy with IRL stuff. i can't stay away forever though, and this time i want to come back for good-- even if there was no update, i'd still feel the same. the culture of roleplay is always changing, and i guess i just sorta have to adjust. :)