Author Topic: Can you make you're own preset folders?  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
Can you make you're own preset folders?
« on: May 17, 2014, 11:40:37 pm »
(also, before I start, can anyone tell me how to reply to forum comments directly IN the forum? I can't figure it out, please help! I never used the forums before x.x)
Anyways, is it possible to make you're own preset folders? I know there are only TWELVE of them, but I need to make more. In case anyones wondering WHY I need for folders, I make over twelve presets, and keep having to switch folders to get them in game. The only problem is my characters are wearing each others skins! I opened a settings notepad file from FH and edited it and added a "Preset 13" to the list, and edited several other things, but I can't get a preset folder in game.

If anyone has a easier solution to fixing my 'characters wearing each others skins' problem, please let me know!

-Thanks!

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Can you make you're own preset folders?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 11:54:59 pm »
(also, before I start, can anyone tell me how to reply to forum comments directly IN the forum? I can't figure it out, please help! I never used the forums before x.x)

Ermm not sure what you mean I'm sorry ^^" Do you mean being able to reply without clicking the Reply button on the top or bottom of the thread? If so there's a "Quick-Reply" box underneath a thread, it's a white box at the bottom of the page.

If you want to check if any of the threads you've participated in have a new reply there should be a link "Show new replies to your posts" underneath the banner at the top of the site. It should be next to your profile picture underneath where it says "Hello [username]"

Regarding your question now.

No, twelve is the maximum preset folder limit. I've tried also and you can't seem to add any more folders. I could suggest when you need more room is Export your presets through Preset Maker so then you'll be able to use your preset in-game. Then I would move all the files from that folder to another which can be made on your desktop for example, this way you still have your files and you have room for a preset.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 12:31:08 am »
Ingredient, I mean't reply as in replying to a comment c:
like say I wanted to reply to your comment, or someone elses.(I am so used to DA having a 'reply' button under every message,xD not sure if this works for not!

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 12:35:40 am »
Oh, I know what you mean now sorry! xD

No, you can't reply like you can in dA. Quoting is probably the closest you can get to replying directly to another post. Such as what I did in my previous post.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 01:51:43 am »
That went a bit off the subject, but this here may help darling!

As for making extra preset folders, the answer is no. LKD programmed the game to take only 12 and to add another would re-quire editing the coding, there forth, editing game files. When making a .zip/.rar file folder you can indeed have doubles, but can't use both folders at one time.

Hope this helped you a bit <3
~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 01:22:04 am »
Through PM I was notified this was solved <3 It can be locked lol

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves