Author Topic: Feral heart keeps crashing with a certain character of mine X,x  (Read 4567 times)

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
For some reason Feral Heart keeps crashing with a certain character of. It won't crash on any of the others one. I was able to play as her earlier fine, but now everytime I click "Play/start" to enter the actually game, it goes to the loading screen, then turns grey and says "Feral heart is not responding" and shuts off. I re-exported the preset, switched presets, renamed her and removed objects, and it still does it.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Feral heart keeps crashing with a certain character of mine X,x
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:21:52 pm »
Sounds like your character is stuck in a map that wont load, try looking at this:

So, today, I'm going to show you how to Retrive your characters if they are stuck somewhere.

Let us begin shall we?

First, log in on the forums and click User Panel

Next, log in again

Next, find the character that has gotten stuck.....

Click either Send Home or Reset Home, Send home will send your character to their set home, reset home will send your character to lonely cave.

If you want to upload a preset, use the Preset Uploader, and upload a file.

If you also wanted, you could reset your entire account, friends, characters ect.

I hope this helps, bye for now!

Hello there Floofs,
So upon some of the recent change with the new "Panel" name switch, some confusion on the old version of it still lingers here, So this is a guide of the NEW "Character Reset" that was used but has changed due to the new Preset sync that was introduced recently. Now onto the tutorial. For others who do come across threads that tie into this, you may use as ref if you may.

Why do I need Character Reset:
The reason this was made is to save your character from bad maps or just "bad token" maps that you may come across. This was introduce sometime in 2012-2013 to save characters instead of delete and re-make characters again. Very useful tool for those who happen to go into a private map and doesn't quite work.

Step 1

Well if you have a character in a "dead" map or you have the constant "Failed to connect" or "Bad Token. Then try this Character Reset. When you log in you will see something like this on your top right hand side.
NOTE If you do not see something like this when you log in, then try to log in again. Usually it does turn off for some odd reason after you are gone for a while. Just like when the system logs you out from the forums when you haven't done anything for a long time.
Anyways, the only major change here is that the "Character Reset" has name changed to "Panel"

Step 2

For security reason you do have to log in again with your ingame username and password.
NOTE DO NOT log in with your forum name, this does not work

So for example I would have to log in as Youshallfearme2 since that is MY username, I don't log in as Feareh. Once that step is done, then you are ready for step 3.

Step 3

Red Arrow: This "Reset" button will poof your character back to Lonely Cave. The basic concept of the Reset is generally understandable.
Green Arrow: The "Go Home" sends your character back to the last place you set home to. So if you set your home to the South Pole, when you click this it will poof your character there.
Once you have completed these steps you then successfully saved your character from a bad map. Just a minor note that if you are logged in when you are doing this, it is strongly recommended that you log off and log back in for it to take effect.

Additional/New Features

Now for the new features that the "Panel" tab has to offer there are mainly two other functions. One being the Preset Uploader, and the other being the "Full Account Reset"

Reason for them: Main reason for the Preset sync is to cute down the constant jumbling around for preset links from people. Such as going to mediafire or dropbox just for a persons preset. Preset Sync was made by Raz to fix the hassle and it ONLY works if you have downloaded the preset sync tool onto your computer. If you yourself want this preset sync visit the link below:

Preset Sync:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=39845.0

For the "Full Account Reset", it is basically give you a clean slat. Where you start from the very beginning in your account and removing literally everything from friends/groups/ and even characters. Only do this when you really want to start over in the game since once you enter in your password in there, it will be permanent.

Well that is all in this tutorial, and I hope that this does enlighten some people in the new system. For further questions on hoe to retrieve your character, feel free to PM me and ill get to you as soon as I can.
Hope these help chu a bit c:

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 08:22:26 pm »
Sounds like your character is stuck in a map that wont load, try looking at this:

So, today, I'm going to show you how to Retrive your characters if they are stuck somewhere.

Let us begin shall we?

Next, log in again

Click either Send Home or Reset Home, Send home will send your character to their set home, reset home will send your character to lonely cave.

If you also wanted, you could reset your entire account, friends, characters ect.

Hello there Floofs,
So upon some of the recent change with the new "Panel" name switch, some confusion on the old version of it still lingers here, So this is a guide of the NEW "Character Reset" that was used but has changed due to the new Preset sync that was introduced recently. Now onto the tutorial. For others who do come across threads that tie into this, you may use as ref if you may.

The reason this was made is to save your character from bad maps or just "bad token" maps that you may come across. This was introduce sometime in 2012-2013 to save characters instead of delete and re-make characters again. Very useful tool for those who happen to go into a private map and doesn't quite work.

Step 1

Well if you have a character in a "dead" map or you have the constant "Failed to connect" or "Bad Token. Then try this Character Reset. When you log in you will see something like this on your top right hand side.
NOTE If you do not see something like this when you log in, then try to log in again. Usually it does turn off for some odd reason after you are gone for a while. Just like when the system logs you out from the forums when you haven't done anything for a long time.
Anyways, the only major change here is that the "Character Reset" has name changed to "Panel"

Step 2

For security reason you do have to log in again with your ingame username and password.

So for example I would have to log in as Youshallfearme2 since that is MY username, I don't log in as Feareh. Once that step is done, then you are ready for step 3.

Step 3

Red Arrow: This "Reset" button will poof your character back to Lonely Cave. The basic concept of the Reset is generally understandable.
Green Arrow: The "Go Home" sends your character back to the last place you set home to. So if you set your home to the South Pole, when you click this it will poof your character there.
Once you have completed these steps you then successfully saved your character from a bad map. Just a minor note that if you are logged in when you are doing this, it is strongly recommended that you log off and log back in for it to take effect.

Additional/New Features

Now for the new features that the "Panel" tab has to offer there are mainly two other functions. One being the Preset Uploader, and the other being the "Full Account Reset"

Reason for them: Main reason for the Preset sync is to cute down the constant jumbling around for preset links from people. Such as going to mediafire or dropbox just for a persons preset. Preset Sync was made by Raz to fix the hassle and it ONLY works if you have downloaded the preset sync tool onto your computer. If you yourself want this preset sync visit the link below:

Preset Sync:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=39845.0

For the "Full Account Reset", it is basically give you a clean slat. Where you start from the very beginning in your account and removing literally everything from friends/groups/ and even characters. Only do this when you really want to start over in the game since once you enter in your password in there, it will be permanent.

Well that is all in this tutorial, and I hope that this does enlighten some people in the new system. For further questions on hoe to retrieve your character, feel free to PM me and ill get to you as soon as I can.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »
Whoops. -Pats ma'dam Whisper.- Pardon the double-post there, floof.

It may be that yer character is in a map that's decidin' to be a bit uncooperative for ye'. I advise sendin' yer entrapped character back to his/her set Home location (to which Ms. Whisper has provided some tutorials on how to do that above) and then try loggin' in/accessin' the game with them. If the suggestion works, then I advise wardin' away from the map they were previously in for a while just in case. At least until it starts actin' a bit more functional.

However if the suggestion fails, feel free to inform us.
gone

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:42:16 pm »

Let us begin shall we?

Next, log in again

Hello there Floofs,

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Additional/New Features

Preset Sync:

~ Whisper

wait, at th end doesn't it say resetting your account???? I am not resetting my account :P I don't know if I has anything to do with the map, but FH also on wont let me export an presets either.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 09:17:46 pm »
wait, at th end doesn't it say resetting your account???? I am not resetting my account :P

It does, but that's just an option. You don't necessary have to. Just ignore that part and follow the steps below:

Let us begin shall we?

Next, log in again

Hopefully that works. As for this:

I don't know if I has anything to do with the map, but FH also on wont let me export an presets either.

No, I don't think that has to do anything with the map, but correct me if I'm wrong. (Exporting presets are only used for if you want others to see the preset you made by yourself using GIMP.) Does it say "Failed to Export Preset" when you pressed export? I had the same problem, but when I entered a name for my preset, it worked. I'm not absolutely sure if putting in a name will work, but perhaps it is worth the shot?

Otherwise, I hope your problems are eventually figured out. 

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 09:54:19 pm »
wait, at th end doesn't it say resetting your account???? I am not resetting my account :P

It does, but that's just an option. You don't necessary have to. Just ignore that part and follow the steps below:

Let us begin shall we?

Next, log in again

Hopefully that works. As for this:

I don't know if I has anything to do with the map, but FH also on wont let me export an presets either.

No, I don't think that has to do anything with the map, but correct me if I'm wrong. (Exporting presets are only used for if you want others to see the preset you made by yourself using GIMP.) Does it say "Failed to Export Preset" when you pressed export? I had the same problem, but when I entered a name for my preset, it worked. I'm not absolutely sure if putting in a name will work, but perhaps it is worth the shot?

Otherwise, I hope your problems are eventually figured out. 
It's doesn't say "Failed to export preset" it just doesn't do anything, no matter how many times I press it.x.x

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 09:58:28 pm »
For some reason Feral Heart keeps crashing with a certain character of. It won't crash on any of the others one. I was able to play as her earlier fine, but now everytime I click "Play/start" to enter the actually game, it goes to the loading screen, then turns grey and says "Feral heart is not responding" and shuts off. I re-exported the preset, switched presets, renamed her and removed objects, and it still does it.

Thank you guys so much! I did the 'user panel' thing and it worked<3 thanks a ton everyone, ya'll the best!*hugs

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 10:01:49 pm »
Glad it worked for ye'. Happy playin'!

Lockin' this to prevent any necro-threadin' bein' performed on this thread in the future.
gone