Author Topic: Can someone send me these missing texture and MAT files?  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
Can someone send me these missing texture and MAT files?
« on: August 17, 2018, 05:14:55 am »
Made a previous post similar to this, I think people tend to read the actual post rather than comments aha
So TLDR: Item pack I downloaded came with missing files. Attempted a few fixes that did nothing, don't really feel like re-modding the entire game because of three items.
Anyone here have and can send me these missing items and textures that were supposed to be in tbe FHBR + LIPGirly items?
If you have the items working with the textures and MATS you should know what I mean(but if you need me to try and find names I could...)

Items showing up white due to broken or missing textures--

Double Chain Collar
Skull Chain Collar
Both Skull earrings(left and right)
Both Chain bracelets(left and right)
Rose in mouth(white)
Rose in mouth(bloody)
Sora's Collar
Curved Horns
Devil Horns(red)
Ulquiorra's Horns

Sora's collar claims to use a texture or material titled chainlinkcollarMat/SOLID/TEX/chainlinkcollarTex
not included in the download or anywhere
Ulquiorra's Horns HAVE the texture, both included in the CFG and the texture file is there, shows up white though.
I mentioned the solid white rose because I'm not sure if its supposed to look untextured, it's missing a texture too

Lucius

Re: Can someone send me these missing texture and MAT files?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 07:34:07 am »
Might have to do some digging around; it's not necessarily faulty textures, it could also be faulty item.cfg references.

Material FILE and Material DEFINITIONS

I'm sure you know how items work, but material=[...] in the items.cfg doesn't necessarily point to a material file; it points to a material definition.

What this means is that, for example, material=BlueHorns in the items.cfg doesn't necessarily have to point to a file called BlueHorns.material to work. The .MATERIAL file could be named anything, as long as when you open it, you have BlueHorns defined like this:
material BlueHorns
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
            texture BlueHorns.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}

Makes the whole process of trying to fix faulty things more complicated than it really has to be.

It's also why you're not seeing a material file called chainlinkcollarMat/SOLID/TEX/chainlinkcollarTex for Sora's Collar. That's because the material is defined in the chainlinkcollar.material file.

Make sure to open your .MATERIAL files and check if the proper material definitions used by the items are there.

The chainlinkcollar.material file has the required definitions for the Double Chain Collar and Sora's Collar items.
These definitions are: chainlinkcollarMat and chainlinkcollarMat/SOLID/TEX/chainlinkcollarTex.
They both use the chainlinkcollarTex.png texture.

The rose1.material file has the required definitions for the White Rose In Mouth and Bloody Rose In Mouth items.
These definitions are: roseMatWhite and roseMatWhiteBloody.
The textures used are: WhiteRose.jpg and WhiteRoseBloody.jpg.

The horns2.material file has the required definitions for the Curved Horns and Red Devil Horns items.
These definitions are: curvedhorns2Mat and devilshornsMat.
The textures used are: hornstex.png and horns.png.

The acosplay.material file has the required definition for the Ulquiorra's Horns item.
This definition is: ulquiorra.
The texture used is: ulquiorra.png.

I've zipped the material files that I have, as well as the textures. Check your .MATERIAL files first to see if they are missing definitions. If so, you can compare with mine and copy paste the missing stuff.

Item_MaterialsTextures.zip

In my items.cfg file, the Curved Horns didn't point to a material file; I had to add it myself, so check your items.cfg file and see if you have the same problem. If you do, simply replace the [Curved Horns] section with this one:

[Curved Horns]
mesh=CurvedHorns2.mesh
material=curvedhorns2Mat
bone=forehead
offset_f=0 -0.2 -2.3
rotation_f=40 180 0
offset_c=0 1.8 -3.3
rotation_c=0 180 0

I couldn't find the Skull Chain Collar, Skull Earrings, and Chain Bracelets defined anywhere in my items.cfg, so I don't know what they use.

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 08:40:58 am »
Might have to do some digging around; it's not necessarily faulty textures, it could also be faulty item.cfg references.

Material FILE and Material DEFINITIONS

I'm sure you know how items work, but material=[...] in the items.cfg doesn't necessarily point to a material file; it points to a material definition.

What this means is that, for example, material=BlueHorns in the items.cfg doesn't necessarily have to point to a file called BlueHorns.material to work. The .MATERIAL file could be named anything, as long as when you open it, you have BlueHorns defined like this:
material BlueHorns
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
            texture BlueHorns.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}

Makes the whole process of trying to fix faulty things more complicated than it really has to be.

It's also why you're not seeing a material file called chainlinkcollarMat/SOLID/TEX/chainlinkcollarTex for Sora's Collar. That's because the material is defined in the chainlinkcollar.material file.

Make sure to open your .MATERIAL files and check if the proper material definitions used by the items are there.

The chainlinkcollar.material file has the required definitions for the Double Chain Collar and Sora's Collar items.
These definitions are: chainlinkcollarMat and chainlinkcollarMat/SOLID/TEX/chainlinkcollarTex.
They both use the chainlinkcollarTex.png texture.

The rose1.material file has the required definitions for the White Rose In Mouth and Bloody Rose In Mouth items.
These definitions are: roseMatWhite and roseMatWhiteBloody.
The textures used are: WhiteRose.jpg and WhiteRoseBloody.jpg.

The horns2.material file has the required definitions for the Curved Horns and Red Devil Horns items.
These definitions are: curvedhorns2Mat and devilshornsMat.
The textures used are: hornstex.png and horns.png.

The acosplay.material file has the required definition for the Ulquiorra's Horns item.
This definition is: ulquiorra.
The texture used is: ulquiorra.png.

I've zipped the material files that I have, as well as the textures. Check your .MATERIAL files first to see if they are missing definitions. If so, you can compare with mine and copy paste the missing stuff.

Item_MaterialsTextures.zip

In my items.cfg file, the Curved Horns didn't point to a material file; I had to add it myself, so check your items.cfg file and see if you have the same problem. If you do, simply replace the [Curved Horns] section with this one:

[Curved Horns]
mesh=CurvedHorns2.mesh
material=curvedhorns2Mat
bone=forehead
offset_f=0 -0.2 -2.3
rotation_f=40 180 0
offset_c=0 1.8 -3.3
rotation_c=0 180 0

I couldn't find the Skull Chain Collar, Skull Earrings, and Chain Bracelets defined anywhere in my items.cfg, so I don't know what they use.

Hey I'm bad at coding, what does "definition" mean? Does EVERY single .mat have to have that same layout?

Lucius

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 09:24:38 am »
Hey I'm bad at coding, what does "definition" mean? Does EVERY single .mat have to have that same layout?

Definition is the word I use to describe the material(s) named inside of the .MATERIAL file when you open them.

Not every material file will have the same structure (it's like preset codes, and sometimes people add transparency and scrolling in some areas), but what's important is making sure that whatever material is written down in the items.cfg actually exists.

For example, lets say your Ulquiorra Horns are showing up white. You could refer to my previous post and see that the material file where the code is located for them is called acosplay.material.

If you have this material file in your items folder, then open it, scroll down, and look for an entry like this:
Code: [Select]
material ulquiorra
{
technique
{
pass
{
cull_hardware none
cull_software none
texture_unit
{
texture ulquiorra.png
}
}
}
}

If it's there, it probably means that the material file is fine and it's the texture that was missing.

Now, if you don't see this entry, or you don't even have the acosplay.material file, then it most likely means that was the problem. You should add the entry in by copy and pasting it from the material file that is in the .zip, or just override / add the material file as a whole.

The reason you want to check first, is to make sure that you don't accidentally override a material file that didn't have anything wrong with it. Maybe my files are a different version than yours, so it could fix one item and mess others up.

TL;DR, If your items.cfg has something like material=BobWings for an item, then you have to make sure that one of the material files in your FH items folder also has this somewhere inside:

material BobWings
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         etc...

Did that clear things up, or did I just confuse you even more? I tend to do that sometimes.

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 10:41:54 am »

Definition is the word I use to describe the material(s) named inside of the .MATERIAL file when you open them.

Not every material file will have the same structure (it's like preset codes, and sometimes people add transparency and scrolling in some areas), but what's important is making sure that whatever material is written down in the items.cfg actually exists.

For example, lets say your Ulquiorra Horns are showing up white. You could refer to my previous post and see that the material file where the code is located for them is called acosplay.material.

If you have this material file in your items folder, then open it, scroll down, and look for an entry like this:
Code: [Select]
material ulquiorra
{
technique
{
pass
{
cull_hardware none
cull_software none
texture_unit
{
texture ulquiorra.png
}
}
}
}

If it's there, it probably means that the material file is fine and it's the texture that was missing.

Now, if you don't see this entry, or you don't even have the acosplay.material file, then it most likely means that was the problem. You should add the entry in by copy and pasting it from the material file that is in the .zip, or just override / add the material file as a whole.

The reason you want to check first, is to make sure that you don't accidentally override a material file that didn't have anything wrong with it. Maybe my files are a different version than yours, so it could fix one item and mess others up.

TL;DR, If your items.cfg has something like material=BobWings for an item, then you have to make sure that one of the material files in your FH items folder also has this somewhere inside:

material BobWings
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         etc...

Did that clear things up, or did I just confuse you even more? I tend to do that sometimes.

Hmmm...
I'm a bit confused. I checked the Ulquiorra horns mat fat, under the acosplay name, everything checks out, same for the CFg, but it's still showing up white...
I checked the Sora collar mat file, adjusted it, it works fine
I tried to copy + paste the same thing into these items mat files(if they had any) or just into the CFG -double chain collar, chain collar, both chain bracelets, the skull chain necklace, both skull earrings which mentioned the same texture
But THEY show up white. Do I have to MAKE a separate mat file for each of them? How come some items seem to work when they don't appear to have a mat file? Example being the Miku(I think that's her name, the turquoise haired anime singer) hair and Miku hair 'black'. They both work fine and don't appear to have a MAT file that I could find, but the Miku hairs under these colors - blonde, red, white, pink and brown/red show up solid white, despite having the exact same CFG layout just with the texture name changed...

Another one I noticed that just doesn't have a mat file is the chainsaw, yet it worked perfectly on my other PC, but doesn't work on this one.... Is the mat file under a different name maybe?

Sorry for the dumb, thanks for taking the time to help

Lucius

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 01:09:33 am »
You shouldn't have to make a separate material file for them. I'm not up to date on item packs, so do you remember where you downloaded yours from?

Maybe you could also try zipping up your FeralHeart/media/items folder, adding in the items.cfg file, and sending it to me. That way I could try to fix any issues and send it back.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 02:08:22 am »
As I had said before...
Other Notes:
Ulquorria's horns are white with light purple stripes, seen here.
Yes, they appear as if it is missing a texture, but it isn't.

P.S. You needn't make a new help thread asking the same question. ^.^ Just update the current one with a comment.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 02:12:24 am by Wolvie »
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 02:47:59 am »
You shouldn't have to make a separate material file for them. I'm not up to date on item packs, so do you remember where you downloaded yours from?

Maybe you could also try zipping up your FeralHeart/media/items folder, adding in the items.cfg file, and sending it to me. That way I could try to fix any issues and send it back.

That would be wonderful! How do I zip?
I got them from here-http://www.mediafire.com/file/nv0dqbk32acxs7x/FHBR+Items+Update+for+LIP+%2B+Girly%27s.zip
and https://www.mediafire.com/file/d3rqwfy4zw3c5or/LIP+%2B+Girly%27s+Items.exe
I know someone, a few people, suggested to remove the items and do the installer, which I did, but it messed up the items further. Some items that didn't work before worked but then a whole ton of working items were now broken. I undid it and just put everything back. There aren't too many broken items, I'd prefer to fix them myself x.x tried on my other PC for good measure, same effect.
also, another question, would you be able to tell if the location of these items are wrong? x. x I have the items "vampire cape BACK" but it shows up on the rump... and the "mecha angel wings" show up floating in the air, not even near the back of the character.

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 02:50:29 am »
As I had said before...
Other Notes:
Ulquorria's horns are white with light purple stripes, seen here.
Yes, they appear as if it is missing a texture, but it isn't.

P.S. You needn't make a new help thread asking the same question. ^.^ Just update the current one with a comment.

Nah dude it is flat untextured. White items have shading, this is flat untextured. No purple stripes, just the solid blank untexture thing

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 01:07:39 am »
Bumping this because I still need help with the broken files.