Author Topic: Metalic Texture help?  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
Metalic Texture help?
« on: October 25, 2020, 07:50:15 am »
Hello! I'm trying to be the metalic texture effect on the right side of the face to show up on the left, but ONLY on the grey metal/part.

He is wearing a mask but his fur is exposed on the mouth. Is there a way to just get the metallic to show up on the grey parts?

thanks!

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
Re: Metalic Texture help?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 03:33:19 pm »
Well, metallic effect is like- If you wanna special parts be metallic, you just need to erase those parts on normal image, there should show up the metallic effect. It's explained pretty good here!
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 09:40:14 am »
Well, metallic effect is like- If you wanna special parts be metallic, you just need to erase those parts on normal image, there should show up the metallic effect. It's explained pretty good here!
Wait erase the metal on the metal texture, or on the head file?

Offline Dark_heart

• -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 10:11:02 am »
On the head one. Erased places should show up as metallic.
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 02:50:08 pm »
On the head one. Erased places should show up as metallic.
How would that work? would that not just erase the preset itself? If I want his tan muzzle/nose to be visible, but his mask to be metalic
if I erased his muzzle how would it show up?

Offline Garfield.

• ✨Magical chihuahua✨
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • hello, it's mac
    • channel/UClsDv82N2aher_4BWUy8KPQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 03:20:18 pm »
You have to have those separated, the metallic texture should be a separate one from the head, meaning that it will be kind of under the preset, that is why you will need to erase the part you want to be metallic. You also need to code it appropiately to work.
As in the tutorial says ''Now as you may have guessed, we are going to put the metal down first, and your preset's texture goes over it.
So we can do this,''
this explains it.
and the code it's in the thread linked by Dark_Heart.
edit: If you erased his muzzle, the muzzle would be the one showing the metallic texture.
And yes, you will erase the preset itself so the metallic texture, that is under the preset, will show up.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 03:22:51 pm by QuietMacaroni »

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 05:30:04 am »
You have to have those separated, the metallic texture should be a separate one from the head, meaning that it will be kind of under the preset, that is why you will need to erase the part you want to be metallic. You also need to code it appropiately to work.
As in the tutorial says ''Now as you may have guessed, we are going to put the metal down first, and your preset's texture goes over it.
So we can do this,''
this explains it.
edit: If you erased his muzzle, the muzzle would be the one showing the metallic texture.
And yes, you will erase the preset itself so the metallic texture, that is under the preset, will show up.

I used the tutorial, it is still not working so I think I may be doing something wrong :( would anyone have a screenshot of a working metalic preset where the metal only shows up on some parts? I think I may be doing the layering wrong... does it work like the scroll preset? where I erased some of the areas I wanted the scroll to show up?

Offline Dark_heart

• -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 09:01:46 am »
So we can do this,''
this explains it.

I used the tutorial, it is still not working so I think I may be doing something wrong :( would anyone have a screenshot of a working metalic preset where the metal only shows up on some parts? I think I may be doing the layering wrong... does it work like the scroll preset? where I erased some of the areas I wanted the scroll to show up?
I have one! What more, I have a preset to use with metallic coding, so you will look like looks coding, erased parts, etc.
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=68896.msg946458#msg946458
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 05:48:45 am »
So we can do this,''
this explains it.

I have one! What more, I have a preset to use with metallic coding, so you will look like looks coding, erased parts, etc.
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=68896.msg946458#msg946458

thanks so much, that was very helpful to see the layout!:)
I managed to get it to work, turns out I was coding wrong

Offline Dark_heart

• -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 06:52:39 am »
Glad to see it working!
On new account Aiiokia