Author Topic: It's time something is done about this  (Read 40184 times)

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: It's time something is done about this
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 08:46:07 pm »
I was extremely angry when nobody in the forum knew about FH+ but Facebook and Deviantart both had announcements. This is the OFFICIAL website, the official forums. We expect to know first. FH+ should not have been announced through gossip on side sites, it needed its own announcement here. Everything we know about future game developments comes from gossip from other sites.

The official site for the game means nothing. Straight up. We get no news updates. We get nothing. When we sign up for the game, we get given a forum account. THIS IS A GAME FEATURE AND WE'RE IGNORED!

I want to see patches, I love patches. I don't care if the only thing that changes is the font, it means there is someone doing something to the game. It means that yes, we will get wings some day, yes the group glitch will be fixed, YES WE ARE STILL ALIVE!

The last patch was July 13th. Four months ago. Out of nowhere we get FH+, which is promptly removed because of content problems. How could the game be released even for half a second with music from a popular game series RIGHT IN THE MAIN SCREEN? Unprofessional. On top of that, when it was released it was taken down again! Finally up, third time is a charm right? WRONG! The installer is broken, causing a huge percentage of members to experience a MAJOR game glitch. Now that the cause is known, and the fix is laughably easy (all that needs to be changed is the default install location). Maybe I shouldn't complain. The first version of it never even had an installer.

The way I see it is that we aren't cared about. Not as members of the game, and not as DEVOTED members of the OFFICIAL forum.

It seems Kovu cares more about Facebook and Deviantart than he cares about www.feral-heart.com. The majority of the games devotion is concentrated here, the most experienced and helpful members are here, helpful guides, fun downloads, contests, events. It's all here.... but where is Kovu?

There is no evidence the game is being worked on... it feels abandoned.

Staff has been quitting. It's all falling apart.

Feralheart is dying...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:48:41 pm by Sameth »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 09:10:35 pm »
  Abigail, if you think this is stirring up unnecessary and untrue doubts, then you obviously haven't been paying enough attention to the community or haven't been here long enough to know what we are talking about. All is true, and NEEDS to be said. And sorry if what I juist said sounds harsh, but it's true.

Kovu, I have been with FH for a while, pretty much since it came out, or longer. At first sure, I enjoyed it, but then I noticed things that are wrong. Glitches that were never fixed no matter how many updates you put out, a report button that doesn't even work, and most obvious all, A GAME CREATOR THAT CARES NAUGHT FOR THE COMMUNITY. You know what makes a game? Not graphics or a face book page, or pretty things that lag people out and are full of issues, but the COMMUNITY. And if you don't get your act together you're going to lose it. I swear, sometimes the only reason I stuck around here was because I was waiting for FH to change, for YOU to change, to get your act together, and start doing something with this game, start improving it, to care about it and what happens to it. So much could be done with FH, it could really go far! But with you at the reigns it won't unless you actually start to do something with it. That or you could hand the reigns over to someone who truly cares about FH and is willing to take it places! There is so much untapped potential, and you are unwilling to either see that or do anything with it! I'd love to see the day where FH is fixed up and starting to really get going! But you haven't done anything to really contribute to that yet. Yes, wings and prey will be coming, but just how many more bugs and glitches will that bring, when there are already those that have yet to be fixed despite update after update? Are we going to have to suffer with more that you either ignore or just don't care about? Please, either start to care for this game and help it grow, or give it to someone who WILL.  Why is it the official FH website seems to be the last to know about anything that happens to this game? It's just wrong, and needs to be changed, RIGHT NOW.

And WHO knows what was going through your head when FH+ was given teh go ahead. As Sameth said, there have been so many issues right off the bat, it's ridiculous. The only thing FH+ has accomplished so far is splitting up the community so it is harder to moniter and watch AND BE A COMMUNITY, and cause so many issues that it is just RIDICULOUS.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 09:56:00 pm »
To Red: I don't know anything about the leadership here on FH, or about how Kovu is dealing with mods. This post to me seems like it shouldn't be up here because you mentioned you hadn't first contacted Kovu ("Dear KovuLKD, creator of IT and FH, I have never been a long nice conversation with you personally and I should've probably tried to contact you somehow with this subject, but for a greater impact this is the way I choose. ") and its not as if any other person who reads it can do anything but probably place blame on either the leadership or Kovu. I think you post is just stirring up unnecessary and possibly untrue doubts. That will probably be the only "impact" that will be gotten out of this post.

I was some weeks ago an admin on this forum and the game, and because of exactly what Red has postet: I have left the game.
It is how Red says it, and the sad thing about it is: It was never better, it was always this.

Fact is that we already tried MANY times to talk to Kov person to perons and NOTHING got better just worse.

And since Kov is not paying attention to a single person, then he should pay attention to all the users who realy want to help since a long time, and how we try to make the game better and he is the key for it but denies everything we suggest or offer.

Thats a simple fact. And since you dont know whats going on, you have no right to push it that far to say that Red trys to stirr things up. He is just finally exploding with the truth cause he also cant take that shit anymuch longer. I was on the team even before the game was public and i sure as hell know whats going on and can tell you that you wouldnt talk that way if you would have to deal with such a selfish person who gives a sh-(sorry) for the community and game like that oh so holy gamecreator of FH does.

It is simply hilarious.

Offline Meiari

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • The RP Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 11:46:22 pm »
The worst part is, as this thread increases in size, as people pour these burning truths, the unanswered questions still loom above us. Will Kovu take the time to even read this? And if he would, what would run through his mind? Would anything change? Would he come down to us, and take his place as a true and adored asset to this community? Would he come as a leader, with something more than empty promises, and earn the respect of everyone? Would he be noble, selfless, to lower his pedestal just enough to make room for another? Or would he simply stare, stoic, unmoved by the condition of his own creation? Are our efforts, our cries for help, simply in vain? What kind of person would craft something so wonderful, so close to perfect in the eyes of hundreds, but abandon it to fester and rot beneath a pile of excuses, as the wonder of it slowly turns to corruption?
Will we ever know? 

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 12:07:45 am »
The worst part is, as this thread increases in size, as people pour these burning truths, the unanswered questions still loom above us. Will Kovu take the time to even read this? And if he would, what would run through his mind? Would anything change? Would he come down to us, and take his place as a true and adored asset to this community? Would he come as a leader, with something more than empty promises, and earn the respect of everyone? Would he be noble, selfless, to lower his pedestal just enough to make room for another? Or would he simply stare, stoic, unmoved by the condition of his own creation? Are our efforts, our cries for help, simply in vain? What kind of person would craft something so wonderful, so close to perfect in the eyes of hundreds, but abandon it to fester and rot beneath a pile of excuses, as the wonder of it slowly turns to corruption?
Will we ever know? 

My biggest fear is that he'll read this and give up and we'll lose what we have for FH.

Offline Shima

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 12:27:17 am »
My biggest fear is that he'll read this and give up and we'll lose what we have for FH.

As is mine, though it does not matter. The game will be lost if something is not done anyways, just in a slower way.
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&lang=en&jfile=index.php&topic=623.0&topicseen                                                               

Offline GreyBlood

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2011, 12:44:33 am »

As is mine, though it does not matter. The game will be lost if something is not done anyways, just in a slower way.

Actually, kov cant do shoot. Ram pays for the server, it's not like he can shut it down himself without getting Ram to do it. sure, Kov could mess whit the coding in an update, but we could always just take said coding and rework it back to normal in a black-market sort of way. But i doubt Kov would do this, sicne he probably doesnt give a care enough to act out of spite. but i thought yesterday, and heres what:

If kov doesnt give a shoot about the game, why would he even look at our posts? would he just dismiss this, and our ravenous ranting be all for nothing?
In Soviet Russia, Vodka Drinks Bear.

Offline rocky

• Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Rocky and the pic are copyrighted to me, DONOT use
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 01:03:17 am »
Well its like they say "the roads bumpy but we get there" yeah times are rough and everyones bringing up valid points which I agree on to the fullest and thats why my post wont be as long as the others because it would just be me restating everything, but Im sure with numbers of the community commenting and its only going to grow that something will eventually be done. This game is perfect and means alot to everyone on here and is why were so dedicated on this subject.To be honest nones at fault for bringing this up, infact,its a good thing that it was brought up cause now something can be done about it, wouldn't you agree?   

Offline Meiari

• Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • The RP Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 01:03:45 am »
But i doubt Kov would do this, sicne he probably doesnt give a care enough to act out of spite. but i thought yesterday, and heres what:

If kov doesnt give a shoot about the game, why would he even look at our posts? would he just dismiss this, and our ravenous ranting be all for nothing?

^Exactly. But it would just show the community what kind of person he is, if he does choose to react this way.

Featherclawspirit

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 02:32:21 am »
AMEN Red, Amen. <3

Kovu. Either you need to hire someone that is capable of fixing the problems, or hand the game over to someone else if you're just going to leave us here. I've never seen you on the forums except probably once, when I viewed your profile. If it is too much stress for you anymore, try as I suggested.

and about your FaceBook game.

WHY are you making another game when your current game, FeralHeart, which has become a complete HIT, needs attention? You ignore it like a dead animal! Along with your players! Does FH not matter anymore? Would you like it to die just as IT did?

I was driven back to Impressive Title because of Feralheart's condition. I consider Impressive Title better than FH's condition. Just my opinion. This needs to change, and it needs to change now before you lose more members, or even lose FH altogether.

To tell you the truth, Kovu. You need to face some facts. I and many others don't see FH surviving after the release of Aro'Kai. Sorry bud, I realize you have a life, but is it that hard to hop on the forum once in awhile to at least post a bit on the forums? Just to let everyone know you haven't totally ABANDONED us? Because that's what it sems like to me at this point.

You've abondoned us, Kovu.