Author Topic: January Update 1/1  (Read 26541 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
January Update 1/1
« on: January 01, 2012, 03:51:27 pm »
Updates for January

So here we are, 2012.
It has been quite an interesting year here in our FeralHeart community, 2011 has come with lots of discussions, changes and possibly even learning from each other, and now it's time to look forward at what there might be to come for us. I'm sure I will be able to speak for more than myself when I say, that we are ready to tackle this new year and try our best to make this better than the last one. Continue to spread our FeralHeart lurb over the interwebz!(A.k.a World domination *derp*)

The staff wishes to thank everyone here on the forum for their shown support towards the game and the community since you are in fact what makes the game that we play at the current date, but you will also play a big role in what the game will become in the future. We can just wait and see~

There will be quite a few things in this news post, so make sure you read it all!

Game changes
During the last month here, we've gotten quite a few updates and changes on the game, and it could even be seen as an overdose compared to what we've gotten used to, the patches has been more than welcome non the less, and if you by some chance has missed out on a few things these patches did, let us re-cap since the start of December.

Game Glitches Fixed:
-Bios no longer disappears if a user changes map or edit it after going into another map.
-The map maker no longer add random objects from another map project upon loading several map creations in one session.
-Group chats and party chats no longer leaks into everyone's chat window.
-Friendlist no longer moves over to the "Blocked list" upon map change.
-Tweaks done to the physics engine to prevent users from clipping through platforms

Content and functions added:
-The well known wings has been added into the game along with a "Dash" options for wingless characters.
-Items has been implemented into the game via the character selection screen.
-Mods are now able to write reason of kick/bans to rule breaking users.
-Maps like Ascension Island, Sky rims and south pole has been added.
-New emotes for everyone to enjoy.

There's probably more, but thanks to KovuLKD there has been quite a few changes lately to the game that resolved issues that has been there for quite some time, and hopefully most members in the community will find these changes welcome.

Board changes
This month we have been running low on any particular board changes here on the forum, there's been plenty of things that has been going on around the game and discussion wise here on the forum, not to mention that most have been dealing with Christmas that has now passed us by. But there's still a few important things to bring up so lets get to it.

The staff has had a discussion regarding the matter of MOTM here on the forum. It has been agreed that picking a member of the month doesn't seem like the most effective way right now, and many of the times it's easy to see the same members pushing their ways through the pack. The votes and pick every month seem too much at this moment so there will be some changes.

Even though the complications with the MOTM, the staff still wishes the users to have something at their grasp for showing great activity and interest in the community, so instead of MOTM we will now introduce Member Of The Season(MOTS). This will work similar to the old MOTM, but instead users will be nominated after a longer time of activity, in this case seasons. Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. When the time comes, the staff will let you know how it is going to take place.

I should also mention that if you wish to advertise your own radio station here on the forum, there's now a few spots open for threads in the Radio board and if you are interested feel free to send a PM to me and things can be discussed further.

Events & kewl sturf
Banner Contest Results
We gotta throw in a row for the Banner winners as well!

First off we want to thank everyone for participating in our banner contest, and we got many nice banners to view, but in the end, there were a few users who managed to grab our votes.

Deafosho, Viinca, Tearless and Toru Caught the top spot. But you the community voted forward your favorites, so lets represent the rest of the winners that will join on the forum banner.

Congratulations to:
Ringo, Usiku, Simba, WarriorMoo, Zaephyr, Graciegirl23 and Silvy/Sara.

You all represented us with great banners, they should be up in a few days, and once they are we will all be able to see them for the upcoming months here on the forum! I hope everyone enjoyed this contest, and maybe we will throw one together again in the future.

Side note
On this months update I want you guys to be aware of our new MIT. Sameth! They've been around for quite some time now and I do believe most of you know them. They will be helping the staff from now on, so chances are they will most likely be on their tip of their toes in the upcoming weeks keeping an eye on you guys and the boards.

If you guys got any questions feel free to PM the Mods here on the forum.

Thanks~ Redrawr outz

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:04:24 am by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: January Update 1/12
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 07:05:33 pm »
Thanks again for the update Red!

Wow...I was the final MOTM.... THAT is a surprise and a half.

Tip of my toes in an understatement...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:13:55 pm by Sameth »

autumns

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 07:12:39 pm »
Congratz Sameth and the Banner Winners ;)

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 07:24:03 pm »
Yay for updates. ^^ Congratulations everyone! 8D

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline wolfgrrl13

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
    • Roleplay Land
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 07:40:33 pm »
Thanks for the update Red.  Congratulations all banner winners and Sameth for becoming a MIT.(:

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 09:20:20 am »
Thanks for the update, Redders. Always nice to see what's going on especially when I can't experience it for myself! I look forward to being able to get back in the game once my fixed computer makes its way over to my house. Oy... it's been torture without it. And I missed the wings patch! :l Oh well. New MIT, eh? Congrats, Samethhh c; You deserve it. And I love the idea for Member of the Season. Good luck to all future MOTS...s... and hopefully I'll be back soon. ^_^

No more groooup glitch! -happydance-

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 09:40:47 am »
Thanks for the update, Redders. Always nice to see what's going on especially when I can't experience it for myself! I look forward to being able to get back in the game once my fixed computer makes its way over to my house. Oy... it's been torture without it. And I missed the wings patch! :l Oh well. New MIT, eh? Congrats, Samethhh c; You deserve it. And I love the idea for Member of the Season. Good luck to all future MOTS...s... and hopefully I'll be back soon. ^_^

No more groooup glitch! -happydance-

We're really missing you, hurry back!

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 09:46:51 am »
*steals Sameths MIT status* Sameth, I have a present for you! *hands you MIT status* Yay! Happy new year! I'm the best gift giver!

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Dreviathal

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • All's well that ends well
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 09:48:23 am »
Woah, great, thanks for the update! I bet many players will be happy now when, e.g glitches have been fixed. And congratulations for all the banner contest winners and especially to you, Sameth! You deserve to be mod :)

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 09:49:43 am »
*steals Sameths MIT status* Sameth, I have a present for you! *hands you MIT status* Yay! Happy new year! I'm the best gift giver!

MIT? Wow Kyugima this is the best and most thoughtful gift ever!