Author Topic: No, No! A Thousand Times NO!!!  (Read 4916 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
No, No! A Thousand Times NO!!!
« on: January 14, 2013, 05:07:45 pm »
"I'm bored. Can you come RP with me?"
"Play with me!"
"Talk ta me, I'm lonely!"
"Can you come join my RP? PlEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEseeee?!"
"Aww come on! I need more members in this pack" -makes big puppy eyes-  
"Please Please Please PLEASEEEE!!"

"No no no!!" DX -goes crazy-

Have you ever had a friend/RP buddy/pack member/pal/amigo on the game whisper messages like these to you while you were in the middle of another RP? This seems to happen to me ALL the time.  I'm talking about some of these "friends" come seeking my attention by literally spamming me with whispers. Don't get me wrong... I like the people I roleplay with in the game, but I don't like getting heckled and whisper spammed while in the middle of another RP. Sometimes they won't leave me alone even after I tell them, "I would come RP with you, but I'm in the middle of an RP right now. I will come by later." There are some who stop after I say that, while others just won't take "No" for an answer. Sometimes I have to turn off my whisper menu because the roleplay posts get spammed out..... but THEN, thats when the person who whispered me comes to the RP I'm in and just sit there and wait for me to finish.... or they get involved.
On one occasion, one friend came looking for me and got involved in a voluntary RP fight I was part of and things just went all wrong. They started powerplaying toward the one I was "fighting". -__- A bunch of people got really upset over this and, turned into a big arguement over powerplaying, so we had to postpone the battle.

Has something like this ever happened to you? Ever?
Inactive

CloudFish

Re: No, No! A Thousand Times NO!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:52:02 pm »
lol i think I've been on both ends of this problem.

I have one roleplay. And the majority of the people on my friends list are friended through that one roleplay. So I assume they have the general knowledge of that. Yet I often have people whispering me while I'm in said roleplay map asking me to join their roleplay because theyre lacking members, or because they are just bored.

Like you, I like the friends I have (most of the time) but it gets to a point where they don't understand that I'm only able to focus on one thing at a time.

On the other hand, I'm also the annoying roleplay leader who, if the group is roleplaying, I whisper you giving you a heads up. I've gotten a variety of responses throughout the times doing this, and its varied from "I'll be right there!", "I'm busy with another roleplay, but I'll head over right after!", to "Yeah... I'm kinda busy right now, so maybe some other time."

More often than not though, these users dont bother showing up at all, and I can understand that lol. However with one "roleplay" day a week, it wouldn't be too hard to just pop in for a bit. It's not a big commitmen-/shot for ranting

Offline kiarasBFF98

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Formerly KiarasBFF
    • View Profile
    • My dA
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:54:08 pm »
Sometimes this happens to me, but usually after I say "Not right now, please. I'm kinda busy.", or "Okay, please just wait for a few minutes," then they stop. I have to go through that when I'm in a mapped  roleplay, and my group is mappless, so that leads to my group members asking for me. Someone who begs for my attention, I really don't want to be around that often.

Stunning avatar gift from my dear friend, Fao.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 07:18:53 pm »
I've had people pester me to RP with them when I decline their intitial request for whatever reason. I might not have felt like roleplaying that day and just wanted to lounge around, or I was preoccupied with a different roleplay, or I wasn't interested in the one they were in. The pestering did stop quite soon so it wasn't quite as bad a scenario as the one you made.
But I see how annoy constant nagging can be; it is distracting and you can loose your train of thought, ruining your current conversation or RP situation.
A message for the nagging people: There's probably a reason the person you're asking is saying no, don't spam them or nag them about it, they need to spend time with their friends/RP mates equally.
 :)

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline xXJackForeverXx

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Flooffeh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 11:04:30 pm »
This has also happened to me. The best thing to do (from my point of view) is to just say no and dont give in. You could also walk away and ignore them. This is just what I would do. I know how you feel.
J.K.G

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 11:15:40 pm »
It happens quite a lot, actually.
Therefore, I've became rather blunt if people speak to me.
If they start whining, I treat them as if I would've brought my child to the store and they won't bugging me to buy things for them.
Straight no, if they won't shush up, walk away. x]
RETIRED.

Offline cooltoni

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • My Feralheart Family :)
    • View Profile
    • F.H Helper
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 03:45:20 pm »
This Does Happen to me alot, I Just Say I'm on brb, I try Not To be rude, So I talk to people in whisper, While They Think I'm on brb, Because They Never stop asking.

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 04:14:57 pm »
Once (now I tease my friend about this :P) my friend was starting some wolf pack roleplay, and she asked me to join. The whole thing went like this:

Friend [Whisper]: Wanna join my roleplay? It's semi-literate, mapped, and realistic! It's a wolf pack! IT'S EPIC!
 Me [Whisper]: Sorry, I can't join.
 Friend [Whisper]: Why not? Are you roleplaying?
 Me [Whisper]: No, but I just don't feel like roleplaying.
 Friend [Whisper]: Okay, where r u?
 Me [Whisper]: At Fluorite...?

....few minutes later....

Friend has arrived.

Me [General]: Dude, are you stalking me?
 Friend [Whisper]: YUS O_O Join my roleplay OR ELLLLLLLSE!
 Me [Local]: Does anyone want to join my crazy friend's wolf pack?
 A Bunch of People: Sure! Yus! OKAYZ! Sign me up! Is it mapped?
 Me [Local]: Ask *~Friend~*

She kept *poke*ing and *hammer*ing me afterwards, though...she said that the roleplay wasn't complete without me and that her wolf pack was now cursed without me. I was like ^^ Watcha gonna do bout it? XD

Offline Soakitup

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Timberrrrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 03:19:27 am »
Usually a no-thanks does the trick for me!

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 03:35:05 am »
Once I was in a deer RP as a fawn and I got attacked so I was dying and my mom was crying. Then my friend whispered me: Hey can you go make a husky character and join my rp please? Me: I'm kinda in the middle of another rp here Friend: OK well once you die then can you? Me: Uh.... I guess. But I thought it was a bit rude.... no offense if you're reading this.