Author Topic: Opinions on Mate Centers?  (Read 4918 times)

Echoing harmony

Opinions on Mate Centers?
« on: March 11, 2015, 01:01:46 pm »
Well I sure you all know of the Mate center of bonfire.. And I'm a little concerned now. Because it's a little wrong and bad influence if we have kids under 10 playing. They also spam and use caps way to much..

With curiosity, what is your opinion on Mate Centers?

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on Mate Centers?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 01:36:18 pm »
Vespian doesn't necessarily view Mate Centers to be a negative influence or somethin' worth "shuttin' down", no. Less, of course should things go a bit overboard but that doesn't dictate every Mate Center's behavior. Just that one. The Centers in general have been around FeralHeart and have been the hot spots in Bonfire Island since nigh the first release. They serve as a multitude of entertainment purposes and have over the years evolved into quite a popular trend. Scarcely does Vespian waltz into Bonfire Island to either see the Centers perched 'round or a couple users questionin' where they are if any are absent.
Some entertainment users can get out of the Mate Center in particular is: Findin' yer character's one true love, findin' someone to role-play with, proudly showin' off/displayin' yer character's appearance to others, idle chit chat with the other participants, etc. Believe it or not, but I too have participated a couple times just for the heck of it. Although, not too often for I'd rather just blend in with the crowd. Aye, some Mate Centers type solely in all caps and I do think they do so in order for those circled 'round to be able to read their messages without fret of missin' it amongst the wave of other conversations goin' on. Though, this isn't bad less it's full fledged spam. To which, ye can easily block they and report 'em to a staff member. Vespian speaks in caps too from time to time, mainly to be overdramatic or to express excitement, but it's not a bad habit in general. If it was, I don't think a caps lock key would've been placed on the keyboard.
As for the concern of 10 and under individuals involvin' themselves with love, well that's their choice. So long as all's kept appropriate, Vespian doesn't see much of a problem. For all I know, the two paired individuals could just be seekin' someone to cuddle a speak with for a while. Nothin' more than that. Again, I am aware not all agree with the Mate Centers existence within the game, but less they are breakin' the game's placed rules, ignorin' 'em or even blockin' is better than showin' displeasure when they haven't done any intentional wrong.
gone

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 04:10:12 pm »
I've been waiting for something like this to appear again.

-Clears throat-

I myself, used to have a Mate Center character.
Before you gasp and throw things at me, let me finish.

I never used caps or spammed, and was annoyed when I was told to use them.

But honestly, I'm fine with Mate Centers. They can be sort of fun, and that are just too easy to troll.

Most of the time it isn't a 'bad/evil influence', it's too outrageous for that.

I don't really find them as a bad thing, it's just a thing that exists that can be sort of fun.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 04:18:17 pm »
I agree with the other two, actually. People give MCs a (usually undeserved) bad rep for one reason or another, usually because they're assumed to be rule-breaking spammers. Which, more often than not, it's quite far from the truth.

Bad influences? Nah..
I can understand someone suggesting that it's like a "dating simulator" of sorts, but the vast majority of people understand that it's just a way to pair up characters with others who are seeking a roleplay partner or new friend. Instead of running around and being labeled a "mate beggar" if you even whisper into the distance that you want to start a RP with someone, they can go somewhere where other people are seeking someone else to RP with. And, it's usually somebody who appreciates your character design, and you appreciate theirs. Which is pretty sweet. :D

Generally, I like MCs. They're selfless users who decide to enrich the game for some fellow players by offering up their time and pair up players to RP together.

That's not to say every single MC ever has been a good apple (and there are some that can get annoying, or maybe take things too far), but the principle idea is innocent at heart. If they're taking it too far, simply screenshot and report as you would with any other rule-breaking user.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 06:24:17 pm »
Well, I don't really see them as a bad thing.
I'm quite neutral on the subject, actually. Yes, they do tend to spam occasionally, but at least people wanting mates can find one without spamming individual people. However, I could see how it may appear inappropriate, but it could just depend on the people in it and the people around it. If it's just for a harmless starting-a-family kinda roleplay, then MC's are good for that... but if it's a bit more... you know... then... well, yeah.

But honestly, they don't really bother me much.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

wolfdog01

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 07:00:32 pm »
Mate centers don't bother me too much, I actually watch them  a little sometimes. At in the later hours sometimes giant cars like to run into them and troll them HARD. Super funny lol, even when the MC gets butthurt over it and blocks them. It's still funny.

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 07:23:39 pm »
I don't really mind them. Let people do want they want to do, of course, if it's not breaking the rules. It gives people something to do, and sometimes I do find myself wandering in there with a troll character to see what happens, and in truth, a lot of people get up for me, because in my experience, a lot of people are there for the lol's. It's also a good way for less experienced players to get introduced to rp patnership, even if it doesn't suit "ur litrat standerds", I think it's an okay thing. c:

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 08:10:18 pm »
I honestly see nothing wrong with Mate Centers. They all around a bit innocent in my eyes. All it is, is basically a bunch on people sitting in a circle getting to know one another. If someone is too shy to go out and talk to someone then Mate Center helps with that. It promotes others to join in, and just go to someone they think looks cool, cute, fun, or even attractive in their eyes. Once they are picked they could enjoy getting to know that person because they were simply picked for the same reasons. Those who aren't tend to be adventurous, and talk among the others in the circle causing those pairs to leave without being called on.

Yes, Mate Center spams their caps lock. Though I am sure when asked to tone it down some they will. I know I have asked them before, and they politely did. Mate Center usually is a fun little place for others to enjoy visiting. [Plus I understand how people think that Mate Center promotes rude or gross sexual behavior, but in all honesty it doesn't Those are the bored members themselves that promote it. A lot of times Mate Center is just another form of being social, and promoting role-plays to be made. I honestly like Mate Center. Granted I don't go there to find a mate. I just go there to find someone to talk to most of the time. Or just have fun messing around with them. Though I do apologize or give them all hugs afterwards. ^^

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Echoing harmony

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 09:28:22 pm »
Aye, just a random question of mine to ask. But you all do make fair points on Mate Centers. I normally block them so I won't be bombarded with spam while I'm rping, some also give me headaches if they are too outrageous wih colors. But normally I just keep them on my lbloack list for awhile then unblock them later.
Anywho, thanks for your guys opinions

DreamerDay

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 11:23:29 pm »
I don't see anything bad on getting a mate, even tho Mate Center can lose yourself along with a few others. However, one thing I can't stand about it is when Bonfire just lags because of that one stop that everyone won't stop complaining. I mean Jesus Christ. Just calm down. Watch if they don't like you. -realizes I'm going off topic- Sorry, had a moment. Anyway, personally...to me...Mate Center don't bother unless its when the Mate Center write in Caps. I hate when someone writes in caps, unless we're being random. xD

Personally, the way I define Mate center is chance to roleplay and find a mate. And once you find your true love, you can roleplay and have the many family you want. And PUPPIES. Omgh. I just love a happy family. Really. I really don't think about (me) finding a mate but the roleplay. Its usually the roleplays I enjoy.

Anyway, yeah.