Author Topic: Opinions on Mate Centers?  (Read 4883 times)

Katniss-The-Wolf

Re: Opinions on Mate Centers?
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 11:47:34 pm »
Well, you do make a clear point about spam and lag, I myself block the mate centers if they use Caps and what not. But then again kids under 10 wouldn't understand something such as the definition of 'Mates'.

Minglesz

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 11:56:13 pm »
My opinion is that I just don't like them at all, MC's is a reason why we call Bonfire Lagfire...But still, I wouldn't go as far as calling them a bad influence. But also keep in mind that this is an opinion, so I'm not telling you what to not do. But by all means, I wouldn't call it a bad influence.

Offline Amatis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Cora~Ferali
    • LittleWolfArtist
    • TinyPawArts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 01:24:40 pm »
I personally don't see anything wrong with the Mate Centers, other than the occasional individual running it spamming the chat with "OPEN!!"
I think they're fun, convenient ways for shy members new and old to join in the fun and find some new friends ^^ It's like picking a lab partner on the first day of school. Sort of.
I guess.

Maybe not.

Point is, there isn't really anything bad about Mate Centers, at least in my opinion.
~Things get worse before they get better~

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 02:15:56 am »
I enjoy them. They give me something to sit by and watch, laughing at all the failure and rage that is created by them. So I can't honestly say I don't like them, they've never done anything to me beside make me laugh.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 03:34:05 am »
Mate centers can be a mixed bag if I will be honest, and therefore my opinion regarding them ends up on the edge of a fence too.

If we speak of the main idea of what the mate center is meant to be, a circle of users doing some sort of match-up with their characters to have so called "mates" to accompany each other or just roleplay together, I see it as a genuine good thing. It's also as others have mentioned before, it keeps people occupied, they have fun and involve many users at once. Even though some users mix it up with "mating", it's still not there for that reason.

In practice though it might not always be that calm and well and problems can easily pop up. Many if not most mate centers tend to be extremely loud(matter of speech) at many points there's a lot of caps going on, and in many cases the countdowns they have could be more considered spam. Since there's usually something going on there, it also easily becomes a good spot for users to go to to "troll".

I can see the good in the mate center, and I can see why some users would use it. Not to step on anyone's paws or anything but I do believe majority of the users that has gotten past the "newbie" stage of playing FeralHeart and reached a slightly older age even, will rather find a so called mate as far as away from the mate center as possible, since it's not really serious enough for their type of roleplaying or interest. Because that's what it is, MateCenter is a very unserious and plain way to get a mate for your character, and even the most new users will learn that rather quickly. But for many it's still fun, and people will do what they think is fun. Mate centers sometimes tire me out since you do tend to need to observe them and make sure people behave, and even though I don't really like them by any means I don't have any reason to really dislike them, especially if you look on the FeralHeart game as a whole and what it provides to many new and younger users.

So even though mate centers is a good thing, it's certain it comes at a prize.

I'm neutral towards it.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline GamerChic

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • My DA is virtulsauce. I upload stuff at random.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 05:27:21 am »
I personally have never participated in a Mate Center.

One thing I truly hate about some of 'em is the fact they auction off people-- like really trying sell 'em, y'know? Like these people are selling bloody cars or something... And, I dunno. It's kinda unsafe getting into a committed relationship online [okay maybe not committed but still]. x.x I mean, people do it all the time,  yes, but like-- you never even speak to the person you're about to become mates with... Does that bother anyone else? ._.

I dunno. I just find them weird. Like-- you're going to some sort of human trafficking ring.. owo''

But, I get where some people are coming from when they say that Mate Centers aren't bad, which not all of 'em are. Well, at least they don't seem bad. xDD

Yep. //opinionwars.

Offline .Ghostly.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • help me polarize
    • fzzysocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 08:15:18 pm »
*snorts* I have mixed opinions on good ol' mate center. I think it's a little.. odd. Reminds me of speed dating. But in my opinion that's just matching someone up with someone you don't really know. But it's entertaining to watch. A little emotional too.. But yeah.

fry bread obsessed smol bean
Ingame user: .Ghostly.

Vrisk

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 11:35:11 am »
I don't have much against them, if you're too lazy to take time growing a relationship, Mate Center is the right place to go, that's basically what i think about Mate Centers. MCs can be a nuisance for me when it spams, write long sentences in caps, and act very immature.

I have participated in a mate center once just to know how it feels, you know, experience  :)

But the thing is, i don't think mate center is a bad influence since all it's objective to is pair up two people to RP as mates or friends.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:44:24 am by Vrisk »

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 02:04:51 pm »
I have participated in a mate center once just to know how it feels, you know, experience  :)

But the thing is, i don't think mate center is a bad influence since all it's objective to is pair up two people to RP as mates or friends.

Not even once

But yeah, I think Vrisk has summed up most of my feelings towards them, if I hadn't gotten it across already.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline kaya

• Bite me and I'll kick yew arse C: ~ Rak$ha
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 09:48:42 am »
Vespian doesn't necessarily view Mate Centers to be a negative influence or somethin' worth "shuttin' down", no. Less, of course should things go a bit overboard but that doesn't dictate every Mate Center's behavior. Just that one. The Centers in general have been around FeralHeart and have been the hot spots in Bonfire Island since nigh the first release. They serve as a multitude of entertainment purposes and have over the years evolved into quite a popular trend. Scarcely does Vespian waltz into Bonfire Island to either see the Centers perched 'round or a couple users questionin' where they are if any are absent.
Some entertainment users can get out of the Mate Center in particular is: Findin' yer character's one true love, findin' someone to role-play with, proudly showin' off/displayin' yer character's appearance to others, idle chit chat with the other participants, etc. Believe it or not, but I too have participated a couple times just for the heck of it. Although, not too often for I'd rather just blend in with the crowd. Aye, some Mate Centers type solely in all caps and I do think they do so in order for those circled 'round to be able to read their messages without fret of missin' it amongst the wave of other conversations goin' on. Though, this isn't bad less it's full fledged spam. To which, ye can easily block they and report 'em to a staff member. Vespian speaks in caps too from time to time, mainly to be overdramatic or to express excitement, but it's not a bad habit in general. If it was, I don't think a caps lock key would've been placed on the keyboard.
As for the concern of 10 and under individuals involvin' themselves with love, well that's their choice. So long as all's kept appropriate, Vespian doesn't see much of a problem. For all I know, the two paired individuals could just be seekin' someone to cuddle a speak with for a while. Nothin' more than that. Again, I am aware not all agree with the Mate Centers existence within the game, but less they are breakin' the game's placed rules, ignorin' 'em or even blockin' is better than showin' displeasure when they haven't done any intentional wrong.