Author Topic: Unique Character Names: Why make a big deal about the way it's spelled?!  (Read 12259 times)

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Unique Character Names: Why make a big deal about the way it's spelled?!
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 10:25:55 am »
Very true, users should not judge others over the way they spell their name.

If that happens to you just nicely tell them why your name is like that. If they don't stop then block them until you think they're out of sight, then you can un-block them.

But people should really think, if they typed like this, "Ur name is totaly speled rong! LOL." Then I would just say, "**Your name is totally amazing, I love it!** Fix your grammer next time, eh?"

But yes, users should never judge each other for names.

~~Alaskan~~

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 06:58:32 pm »

But people should really think, if they typed like this, "Ur name is totaly speled rong! LOL." Then I would just say, "**Your name is totally amazing, I love it!** Fix your grammer next time, eh?"

LOL  :D Good one, Alaskan. I will have to write that one down. I'm sure that would really tick off the trolls that type like that.  ;)
Inactive

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 01:56:13 am »
I don't see why it should be such a big problem if someone spelt a name differently. Okay, maybe if the name was spelt not even close to the actual spelling. Like... Fielup to Phillip. Or something along the lines.
My two main character's names have a difference. For instant, Koby can be spelt Coby. I chose with a K because it was actually my mom's maiden name and I absolutely love it. And then my other character is Blayke. It was a friend of mines name and his was actually spelt with the Y. While you could also spell it Blake.

And I mean, look at Nicholas for Pete's sake. I can name a lot of varations for that name.
Nikolas, Nikolaus, Nikolai, Nikola, Nicholai, Nichol, Nichols, Nicol, etc. But then again, that name is English and Dutch so meh. -rambling.-

Despite this, I mean, if someone does spell a name differently, you do have a point. People shouldn't flip out about it. You're being original. That and at least they aren't innapropriate names.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline Wolfdragon5480

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2013, 08:12:56 pm »
I have a character called Magik. When I made her, I was worried that people would think I'd spelt Magic wrong. However, nobody's commented on it - everyone on FeralHeart ignores me! XD No idea why. Anyway... good thread. :P

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2013, 08:14:10 pm »
This discussion died back in November of 2012. Please try not to necro old threads!

Locking this.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||