Author Topic: Forum Rank Suggestion.  (Read 111464 times)

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Rank Suggestion.
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 09:59:12 pm »
I dont post for ranks and post counts c:
I like to post and i like to be active ^.^
Well my posts doesn't always have so many words as yours Red xDD
;P

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 10:08:58 pm »
Indeedie, it would be a shame to see them go. They make the forum...alive. I guess you could say. xD
To me, after posting quite a bit, my post count is just a number. I admit, I used to be all excited about reaching higher ranks and stuff. But now, naww.
I think, if anything was to boost users' egos, it'd have to be the karma. :p

*ninja'd*

@Avani: I don't see anything wrong with your posts. They're always nice and complimenting. :3

Safaiatsukiookami

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 04:18:55 am »
Ha i really didn't expect this topic to get so many replys,Sorry i caused so much thinking to be put into it,And i don't mind the ranks,I like them,I'd rather deal with ranks here instead of levels on whirled,A old game i used to play that's gone to hell,And @Redlineties,I'm sorry but i am having an issue with the site,Check my forum post on the game login issue,I left a response that i editted but you never replied to,I am really getting upset with it cause i want to play the game whether i can make a custom wolf/animal or not. (I'll explain why i cannot later,It's to do with the site.)

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 05:16:31 am »
I see nothing wrong with the ranks, but I've seen people gain some major ego from Karma and rank, it gets annoying to have people showing off their rank and karma number imo, they don't really matter to me. >w>

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 10:54:11 am »
@Sylph: Thx! :3 <3

@Gem: -Shows off rank and karma- Jk xD
Agree 0:  <3

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 01:50:51 pm »
Because being staff on any game isn't always just fun and games, it's a responsibility, thus why I say professional. x3

Then, perhaps just remove the ranks altogether, mhm? xD I see no reason for them.

Karma and ranks, does nothing but boost ego's and encourage spam. ~

I do agree that karma and ranks boost ego. But thats not always a bad thing. Thats no reason to remove ranks all together. Some people show their stuff off and some people dont care. These are just numbers and words to me, even though its cool to advance onto another level with higher post counts.

Spam is just something I ignore. They either dont care or their just here for the numbers under their name I guess. People are too lazy to actually put thought into their post.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 01:54:13 pm by Tyki_Mikk »

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2011, 04:11:40 pm »
The bad of them really do out-weigh the good.

Bad: Ego's are boosted which can lead to major favoritism in some cases, good, decent people having their threads ignored at times. I've seen it all before, and it's a sad thing, really. ;/
Too much negative karma can be considered abuse, and can make people feel bad when they MAY not have done anything, or maybe they did, but for some reason people keep karma smiting them, (biting) which isn't fair or right. ;c It also may encourage spamming. Just because it happens already DOES NOT MEAN you should encourage it, and I see ranks and karma as a case of encouragement to spam. Spam does NOT EQUAL ACTIVE! It just equals annoyance. It clutters up a forum and makes it look unprofessional. We don't want that, no? :3

Good: It can bring a forum to LOOK active, but like I said that is mostly due to spam posts, which shouldn't be acceptable in any sort of case. ~ Maybe showing who did good on a post would be when someone gets a bit of a karma + boost, but again there's the possibility of karma going DOWN which is a Negative effect, not desired, really.

While it would be a shame to see them go, I think it would be in the better interest of the community if they did. Or, just make the ranks all the same. At 0 "New Member" and anything after that can be considered a "FH Member" so everything is fair and simple. (;

And @Red; I mentioned it because I get the feeling you do not take this subject quite so seriously as it should be taken. My apologies if I confused you, dear. ^^;
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 07:58:49 pm »
Sorry kah, dear ^^. But I don't really buy any of that, it just feels like you point out the obvious and that's not a reason why ranks are meant to go.

The rank system has actually worked fine so far, and I don't have any doubt that it will in the future either. Karma is another thing though.

Same as before really.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 09:56:42 pm »
Not asking you to buy it, hun. ;3 I'm only stating some of the clear, up-front facts and other such sorts of things that I've experienced before through many other forums. ~

And, oh do please tell me of any non-obvious things that are a + of having ranks? :3
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 10:19:05 pm »
Not sure what I should write up for that since it probably isn't that many? It's just a nice addition to the forum that gives people different titles and in some cases feeling of achivement like any other ranking system.

It's fun and nice to have depending on how you see it. Who knows, not wanting one might be good since there's mods like me with not enough experience that doesn't know well enough.

But really now. Deleting the ranks would be like removing the cherry ontop of a pie before eating just because you're worried about gaining wheight.
Former community manager of FeralHeart