Author Topic: Should Age really matter? (opinions please)  (Read 14777 times)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Should Age really matter? (opinions please)
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 07:23:04 am »
Depends, like age 20-25 I don't really mind, but if its someone like the age of 43 (I've one like that) I would keep my distance, I mean like, what the hell is a guy so old doing in a teenage/kid's game? Don't they have job and family? I think you get my point. Besides isn't it a bit weird that a guy of 43 years old, is a close friend of someone who is lets say around 12-14. I would think its strange, but eh once again My mind my opinions

I have a good friend that is in his 40 - 50's... Although, I have always preffered older friends, when I was in high school and primary school I always got along better with teh teachers than the students XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 12:49:34 pm »
I understand why people think that because the normal age of the people playing on here is 10 - 20.

Though, I don't think thats entirely fair since that is a bit like Discrimination for people staying away from a person not their age. I'm friends with a lot of people 20 + on here and generally I find them better to talk with since the way they act more (what I find) is a more mature conversation. However as Stormy said, a person around they're middle ages on FeralHeart is just a tad bit strange... Perhaps a middle-age crisis gone to far.. :3

Anywho, anybody can join this game since its public, like Warrior Moo has cleverly pointed out.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 05:40:57 pm »
I joined a wolf roleplay several years ago. I was a member for about a year and as I learned about the members I was quite surprised that a few of the members were over 30. Never would have guessed. It was the best roleplay ever.

Offline Lavablaze

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 06:22:00 pm »
In my opinion, it shouldn't really matter hold old you are, age-wise.

Just to set a point here; Feralheart runs off the internet, just as any online game; anyone can join, but what our younger users need to realize is that by joining the game, they are accepting that there are members out there who will cuss, and swear, etc. So if they don't find the enviroment confortable enough for them, it's best that they find another game to play, and come back when they are ready to accept it.

The game basically has it's own rating of PG-13, and I don't think it has any plans on changing that rating; so if you don't like that, come back later :)

I agree. I wouldn't mind have a ten-year-old on here, though, as long as he or she was mature enough to handle minor cusses/mating/etc.

I'm near near the age of ten [Older then that, 11] And I don't really care if i see that. But my first day on here I saw it and I'm just like "Wtf? o.o" But I just walked away from it. And no, age shouldn't matter. Just the fact you can handle what Wolf wing said ^^

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 07:25:58 pm »
And I'm going to be the annoying person to point out that people under the age of 13 shouldn't even be here because of COPPA?

JazzForLife

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 08:50:53 pm »
I looked up COPPA on Google, because I wasn't too sure of what it exactly stated, and it says it's an American law. Not all people are from America, obviously, and so COPPA probably does not apply to them. Now maybe there is some law like it in their country, I don't know. And I don't know if this forum is based in America, if you know what I mean. For example, it's not a chinese or russian or austrailian only forum. So I don't know.

It comes down to the kid's parents, I think. They should be watching their kids on the computer if they are under 13, that's what COPPA states. So really they shouldn't, but if they have no knowledge of COPPA, then I guess they play. BUT, since it's an American law and this forum isn't really based in any country, I don't think we can do anything about it. That would be their parents job to regulate what their kids really play on.

And I'm 14, Thierry is my friend and she's 23. Don't think you're creepy or a pedo because you're not. Age doesn't matter in most situations.

Offline Lavablaze

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 11:33:04 pm »
Well, if they were really forcing It. I couldnt even be on here, but I make one person of the FH community. I wouldn't want leave. I have somewhat less then two years before 13 but still. And Draak, never heard of it, but no your not the annoying person. No one is.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 05:05:10 am »
Yeah, I'd never heard of COPPA before I started playing FH O:

I thought people would get irritated because it's brought up a lot when it comes to age stuff and usually get's a heated response from some users, but I guess so far so good.

Offline LilyTheAlphess

• Curious Wanderer
  • The Memeist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 12:24:01 pm »
I don't think age matters either, I'm not even 13 yet and someone apparently thought I was what... sixteen? Seventeen? Because I was acting mature. I know someone who is eight on here but you never would guess it because she can put up with all the stuff that goes on in FH. So I think, like most other people that have posted, that maturity is what matters.

Offline courtneyrc

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • courtneyrc
    • View Profile
    • courtneyrc on deviantART
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 12:33:03 pm »
Age doesn't matter at all to me. If someone is giving you a hard time about your age, you shouldn't listen. Those people are just being extremely immature. Feralheart doesn't have a rule for what age you are, and its better when we have adults around to help control the younger kids. But I shouldn't be talking, I am only 11 (turning 12 this Thursday a.k.a Thansgiving). Therfore don't listen to those people who make fun of you, they are just trying to be cool to show off to the older person. :3

courtneyrc.deviantart.com