Poll

Do you like this idea?

Yes
3 (60%)
No
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: What about Valentines day party?  (Read 1891 times)

lindaminda

What about Valentines day party?
« on: January 23, 2014, 02:00:25 pm »
So I really hope someone is villing to make Valentines day partyy!! :D

Anyone agrees? haha

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: What about Valentines day party?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 02:19:42 pm »
While it would be a cute idea we usually have kept our official staff hosted community events neutral enough so that anyone and most everyone can join if they wanted to. What I mean by this is that we like to celebrate an event or season that is something most would probably join in and nothing biased or focusing on one particular group. Valentines day is mostly a day celebrated by couples. Not everyone is in a relationship or in love with someone so it might not be a fair thing to celebrate. Often some people feel left out on Valentines day. Other holidays like Halloween are more easy to join in fun since people like dressing up or the general idea of spook. Some people might also have broke up with a partner and well we wouldn't want to rub anything in their faces. We want everyone to be happy around here and be able to participate in fun. This type of event is probably better for a community event but not so much an official event hosted by staffy.

Currently we have the Winter Season/Holiday event, Summer Party, & Halloween.

I mean I can't say we can't do it since we do have the Halloween event which not everyone celebrates Halloween but meh... I don't know. Maybe something can be done like a one time sweet thing. If we focus the event to community love and appreciation and not so much romance xD

Another thing is that we like some distance between events. It takes a lot of planning and sorting of these kinds of events and around this time of year most people have just started semesters in college if not attending high school etc so I'm not too sure how free the other staffy would be for this kind of thing.

Thanks for the idea though :)
Valentines day party just never works out for most of us but this is what Lord Suragaha said in a related post.
But if a regular member were to host one instead of the staff then by all means do it.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Loco.Motives

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I am not as fine as I seem.
    • Kelli Urie
    • View Profile
    • My WQ Account
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 08:59:53 pm »
Valentine's party doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I agree completely with Feareh.

----
-Credit to icon and signature owners-

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 10:39:55 pm »
Please don't necro old threads, DarkFang2033. As stated before, please check the date of the last post, if it's been a very long time since anyone has posted then please avoid trying to revive an already dead thread.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 11:54:36 pm »
Will be locking this for the reason mentioned above. Do be careful next time.

In-game user: Panzramic