Author Topic: Problem solved~  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Alveonacy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
Problem solved~
« on: November 08, 2014, 06:29:57 pm »
 Okay, so I've been having this problem for about a year and everything I've tried hasn't fixed my problem. Whenever I log in, it takes somewhere from 20seconds to 10 minutes for my computer to shut itself off completely. It happens ONLY when I play Feralheart. I've cleaned the dust from the fans on my laptop, I've updated the graphics card, I've cleaned my computer, updated the video card driver, and ran it in compatibility mode and none of it has stopped/fixed the problem. I have a Windows 7 laptop.
  There's more~
  About a year ago, before I switched computers, I had a windows desktop and this game worked perfectly fine on that computer. I had to switch, because my old desktop's graphics card burnt out or something. I've also tried Direct and OpenGL settings. Neither work. My step-dad suggests I use the Direct one, and that one lets me last a little longer, but it still crashes. I would appreciate immediate help/advice if possible. Thank you!
  EDIT: I have a laptop, and I play other games like Sims4, and Minecraft and they both work fine. It's JUST FeralHeart.

~Aza <3
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:32:26 am by Shaderz »
Boop

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Please help (sooner rather than later, please).
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 06:43:09 pm »
Are you using a laptop? If so, your computer might just be overheating.

I usually have a fan blowing at my laptop whenever I play Feralheart, so maybe you could try that.

Or, you could try changing some of the FH settings like turning off water reflection, and making sure that there aren't any other programs running at the same time you're playing Feralheart. Hope this helps!

Offline Alveonacy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 06:46:11 pm »
Are you using a laptop? If so, your computer might just be overheating.

I usually have a fan blowing at my laptop whenever I play Feralheart, so maybe you could try that.

Or, you could try changing some of the FH settings like turning off water reflection, and making sure that there aren't any other programs running at the same time you're playing Feralheart. Hope this helps!

I haven't tried the fan, but I'm in the living room right under a vent, and a fan blowing constantly in a 64degree house. I don't have water reflection on due to the lag it brings, and I don't have other windows or programs open because for me, that too causes lag. >.<
Boop

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 06:52:18 pm »
Just a suggestion.

Download coretemp from here:
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Run it and then run FH in windowed mode. Look in the task bar what sort of temperature numbers you get. If you get numbers above the 80c mark then the cause might be overheating. Even though many CPU's can cope heat up to 85-95 it's not a healthy number. If you get numbers below 70c or similar it's most likely not a heat issue from there at least, but IF it would be overheating...

Taking for granted the processor fan actually spins and cools down the heatsink.

Make sure the processor heatsink is attached and get proper contact with the surface of the processor, it just takes it being slightly loose to prevent it from cooling down and reach too high temperatures, it must have good contact with the surface or you're probably very likely to overheat. You might also want to remove the old thermal paste and re-apply new in that case since you had this issue for a while and it never hurts doing things properly.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Alveonacy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 07:39:32 pm »
Just a suggestion.

Download coretemp from here:
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Run it and then run FH in windowed mode. Look in the task bar what sort of temperature numbers you get. If you get numbers above the 80c mark then the cause might be overheating. Even though many CPU's can cope heat up to 85-95 it's not a healthy number. If you get numbers below 70c or similar it's most likely not a heat issue from there at least, but IF it would be overheating...

Taking for granted the processor fan actually spins and cools down the heatsink.

Make sure the processor heatsink is attached and get proper contact with the surface of the processor, it just takes it being slightly loose to prevent it from cooling down and reach too high temperatures, it must have good contact with the surface or you're probably very likely to overheat. You might also want to remove the old thermal paste and re-apply new in that case since you had this issue for a while and it never hurts doing things properly.

I appreciate the suggestion, but my step-dad and I find it hard to see it overheating. There's no time for it to overheat, I click on my character and take one step and it shuts off my computer.
Boop

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 08:03:04 pm »
If running an application that is CPU intensive it just needs a few seconds for it to overheat and even crash. In general downloading Coretemp was more so you could trouble shoot and know for certain. Heat dissipation is important.

The processor really takes the most beating when running FeralHeart, not the actual GPU.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline autumnrainbow1234567

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Friends and me
    • View Profile
Re: Please help (Problem not solved).
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 08:26:25 pm »
Can I have some help how do you contact the owner my mother wants to give permission for me to play... thanks

S. Italy/Romano

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 08:38:38 pm »
Can I have some help how do you contact the owner my mother wants to give permission for me to play... thanks
Pardon? Do you mean like contacting Razmirz or KovuLKD so that they can give you permission to play?
You don't do that around here. There isn't any parental controls or restrictions or parent accounts like in Animal Jam.
You create your own account here and download the game. After installing it, you can log in with your information.
Your parents cannot restrict access to the game unless they uninstall it from the computer or block it from the internet.
Unless you got banned you should be able to play without any permission.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 08:41:16 pm »
there is no need to ask for permission to play the game. the game is free to register and play. all you need is a parent's permission.

also, please refrain from asking stuff like this on an unrelated thread and make your own thread yourself.