Author Topic: Crashing while exporting a map.  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Cannibalistic

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Crashing while exporting a map.
« on: May 20, 2016, 11:24:13 am »
Heyo.
I've been making a map for a good 8 months now. it's pretty big and is filled with meshes.The non-laggy kind.
Now, after finally finishing it, I want to export it, but evertime I try to export, it simply crashes after a few minutes.
I know about the particle issue, so I remove them as soon as I see them in the folder, but that doesn't work. The game still crashes.
Is my map too big or could it be something else?
Thank you.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing while exporting a map.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 11:28:13 am »
Mmm.. could be a few things, though I don't think the size or anything would be causing it.

Did you make your own meshgroup(s)/objectgroup(s) for these meshes you've added?

Offline Cannibalistic

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 11:31:07 am »
Mmm.. could be a few things, though I don't think the size or anything would be causing it.

Did you make your own meshgroup(s)/objectgroup(s) for these meshes you've added?

I did, yes.
I've always done that and it never gave problems.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 12:41:44 pm »
Aye, no, that's the right way to do it, I was just checking.

The best solution I can offer at this point is to rename your current FH folder to something like OldFeralHeart, then install a fresh FeralHeart. Copy all files associated with this map from OldFeralHeart folders, and paste them into the fresh FeralHeart, run that, and try exporting from that one.
If it works, then you can just take the exported stuff from FeralHeart and move them to OldFeralHeart, delete the new FeralHeart, and rename OldFeralHeart back to FeralHeart.

Bit of work, but Map Maker is known to have all sorts of issues, along with Preset Maker, which are, for some reason, fixed upon a new or fresh install.

Offline Cannibalistic

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 12:44:17 pm »
I've tried that, sadly.
Reinstalling is usually my go-to solution, but that didn't work this time.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 12:47:51 pm »
Hmm.

Does this map use a lot of particles?
It's possible there's a limit to how many will render, therefore how many will actually export as well...

Or if the map has really long titles, it's possible there's a character limit it's exceeded.

Edit: Or, any special characters within the map titles, which filenames cannot use. (*, /, \, etc)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 12:52:17 pm by Phloxenfree~ »

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 07:23:17 pm »
Just adding my two cents in case what Phloxenfree~ mentioned doesn't work as well.

Depending on the size of the map, it can actually effect it and it can make your computer crash / freeze. So maybe resizing the map a bit might help.
Another thing you can keep in mind is that there is simply too many items it's trying to export and that might also be the case.
And lastly, if you're using any particles in the map, try removing them all and seeing if that worked.

If all else fails, maybe a file or two is corrupted / could try a trial and error in finding out which works and which doesn't. Hope something helps ~!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7