Author Topic: What is your definition of "active?"  (Read 2411 times)

Legendary~Grace

What is your definition of "active?"
« on: January 09, 2017, 06:32:39 pm »
Being one who recruits often and talks about the terms that FeralHeart groups have. I've stumbled upon another good question I could study. Like before, in my other thread, I'd like to draw the community together to discuss opinions and perspectives on a common term people use on this game, "activity."

When recruiting or describing a group in this game, many use the term "active, semi-active, etc." It's also used to describe other things, but, this mainly. But, because FH has shaped the definition of this, I'd like to share my standards or terms for the word "active."

To me the word active, used to describe a group, means;
- 1 to 3 people are online everyday, not the same person.
- Site updates at least every other day.
- Roleplays at least every 2 to 3 days.

What is your definition for the term "active?" Used to describe groups or anything else.

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
Re: What is your definition of "active?"
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 06:42:19 pm »
I think my thinking of 'Active' depends on what size the RP Group is.
I've seen many Lion Prides lately and they seem to have tons of members. So if it's a group of that size my meaning of active is for around 10 people to be online each day.
But I've also seen and been in many small RP groups. So for a group of that size I'd expect either everyone or no one to be online.

Site updates are also another large aspect of the term 'active' in FeralHeart. As many groups have their own site, They can tell people to get online if they haven't been for the past few days. but as for Site Updates, I don't expect one every other day as people can be busy to keep updated with the site and such.

For RolePlay days this is very important, Seen as you're talking about activeness for a RP Group. I'd say 2-3 days every week would be a roughly good time for people to RolePlay.

Overall I think activeness depends on the size of the group and the type of people in it. As some people can be busy due to work and school.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 07:20:47 pm »
I have a very similar opinion with yours. Personally I think active means like if your group has at least 5 or more members online, if a group does at least 1 role play a week. Also I think that to consider a group active it should have new people joining everyday, or atleast 1 new member.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 07:39:49 pm »
Moving this to the game discussion board since this topic is mainly regarding in-game groups, rather than the forum c:
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 07:47:14 pm »
When it comes to how active a group is overall, I think of 'active' as the group having a few members on every other day. At least once a week for my standard of active, group-wise.

As for individual activity, I'd consider active being online a few times each week. Possibly longer if you have a way of staying in contact with them, knowing they haven't completely forgotten about the game. For example, if someone wasn't in game too much, but still surfing around the forums or talking with people on skype, I'd still consider that active. Just not in-game activity.

Interesting to see all the different opinions on this.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Klipspringer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • D'aw, I need wings...
    • View Profile
    • about me
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 10:41:07 pm »
I think it's fairly subjective based on the group. If it's a strictly in-game group, then I feel like at least a few people should be on most of the time. As for groups that extend to Skype or a website of some sort, a few posts daily (different people).

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 04:15:23 am »
my opinion is very similar to yours
however in some groups when going through a criteria on what is expected of me in the RP they ask me to be active at least once every 1-2 days so

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 11:24:17 am »
If a group can maintain at least two large role-plays a week, i'd say it's pretty active.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:09:03 pm by xXQueenXx »