Author Topic: What if I said I could remake Fh if I really tried?  (Read 5598 times)

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
Re: What if I said I could remake Fh if I really tried?
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 05:29:21 pm »
Yeah this would be pretty cool. Making a game that is expected to hold up to FH's "standard" would be a bit difficult, especially if you wish to add new components into the game. That is if you don't plan on using Kovu's source code. Regardless I think it's a great idea!

Galaxyshadow

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 02:50:19 am »
Thanks for all the support guys! I'm glad others like the idea, but I am not planning on using FH's source code, simply making a game similar to it in a few ways. I have a lot of ideas, I've tried to start it but my program is being a pain, just working out some bugs and whatnot

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 10:21:57 am »
Honestly? Yes. 100% yes. So long as there is sufficient space for roleplays, roleplaying availability, a place to advertise, in depth or at least better character customization, and the ability to form groups then a game like this might actually bring me back. I had to leave FH due to inactivity [both on FH and my part - IRL] but something like this piques my curiosity and if something like this happened it would probably drag me back. :) If you do go through with it, good luck!

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 10:24:21 am »
Also I'm really digging that survival aspect you mentioned, gives it a nice twist and a realistic aspect. :)

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

xSpirit

a
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 02:12:22 pm »
a
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 05:40:07 pm by xSpirit »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 09:41:43 pm »
Also, Kov still care about the game.
But Kovu asked them to stop:
Alright, so Zee got back to me and Kov was in fact able to prove it to them- not through facebook, but his personal email. He sent em private screenshots of the source code, and that is enough evidence for us.

We’re sorry, to all who looked forward to this, but FHR won’t be continuing.
(from feralheart-redone.tumblr.com/)

I'm not sure what Kovu would think about it. Also some of the FH assets is created by other artists (like the markings by Nala), so there is more people to ask about the copyright.

There is no way to confirm that this is actually Kovu saying these things. KovuLKD hasn't made his whereabouts known to any of the FeralHeart staff or anyone really affiliated with FeralHeart in years. Since he hasn't even spoken to any of us, I highly doubt that he would ever try to interfere with FeralHeart Redone. I'm not saying that it isn't possible that he would speak up, i'm just saying that I do have strong doubts considering he hasn't seemed to come back to the actual forums or to the staff to say anything regarding his disappearance from FeralHeart.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 07:36:44 am »
So not actually abandonware.  Curious many decades until FH is public domain and what happens then? (Presuming it's not forgotten by then.)
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

xSpirit

a
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 09:16:14 am »
a
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 05:39:50 pm by xSpirit »

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 04:53:35 pm »
First, we need to determine what about FeralHeart is causing this die off, and fix it. I honestly don't think the graphics are even part of the problem. Some people like good graphics, sure. But as an art style there is something appealing and relaxing about the way FH is.

I can think of a few things:

1) Distribution: Right now, if something isn't on Steam, or a similar service, a game generally isn't going to be found in the first place. We should really try to get something like this released on steam, and if possible try and subtly influence a few influential YouTubers to promote it on their channels.

2) Gameplay options: You had already mentioned fixing this with a survival mode, which would be great. However, that niche is already pretty well covered by the now-revived WolfQuest. However, it is intended as an educational game, and I think if you had a sortof blend between this and something like Tokyo Jungle, you would be in good shape. You would just have to make it 18+.

3) Dev team. Kovu leaving the project really did this game in. So much could have been fixed up if the team had access to the source code. If you want to make it yourself, go ahead. If you want a team, that can speed things up, but be careful to not have a team member leave and leave the rest of the team helpless. Just share all the necessary information ahead of time, so if someone does leave you can replace them.

4) Find your niche. Wolf survival is already pretty well covered by the restart of WolfQuest. Shelter is already popular on Steam. Find something that makes your game stand out.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:32:40 pm by starkwolf »
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.