Author Topic: I Need to Talk About This  (Read 4155 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: I Need to Talk About This
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 04:14:42 am »
I think others already summed up the issue pretty well, but unfortunately I've noticed a bit of a spike in the elitist population and tendencies in the game since a couple years ago. Especially as the player base gets older, I think some people begin to become more critical, and the toxic mentalities of most of the internet unfortunately can rub off on people. I mean, if it's not your preference, just don't make a character like that should be a simple concept, but unfortunately there's always going to be someone feeling the need to shame people for being creative. So sorry you had to endure this.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline angelcake12

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Gone I may seem, but never in my wildest dreams.
    • angeldare1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 09:55:48 pm »
I noticed that to. :C Every pack I mostly see you have to be semi realistic or realistic. My advice, is just be you and ignore them. Creativity is the key to imagination. Without all the different colors and designs people make. Then, it would be a bit boring. If the look makes you happy then it does not matter what others think. To me, it's amazing of what people can come up with. So, don't wear on it and just do what you want. Being you is easier anyway than trying to please others. Sides, whats life without a pop or flash of colors every now and then lol.
Happy Fall!
Never give up y'all. <3

Offline Foxfall

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 11:58:56 pm »
I'm new here, but I've noticed this predominant "realism" thing. I have a wacky character that I never play out in the open just because of the bias. Honestly, I say ignore them. I love seeing people with their beautifully unique concepts. It's like a mental release and it's stunning in its own way. Just because it's not realistic doesn't mean it's not good. Go for it. Be wild. Be out there~ Let your imagination break through any insecurities about what others think~

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 06:01:15 pm »
This is a reoccurring issue within not only the Fh community, but more so any animal-based one. I
personally believe that the more eccentric coloration of characters signifies creativity, however that can be easily mistaken for say an immature
child just slapping random colors on a character by others and can also be mistaken for troll characters. Though I'm a major fan of realism in
character creation, I give kudos to those who defy the "laws" of character creation and make their characters more out-there.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2017, 05:01:02 am »
Anyone who criticizes your character design choices aren't worth your time tbh...
This "sparkle hate" is a phase roleplayers go though when they try to be "elitist and smart". I've been there, and I regret it a lot. e.e
Oddly, I know outside the roleplaying community unrealistically colored characters are the craze atm.

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 11:31:17 am »
I remember the days when people were called "illiterate" for being colourful/neon xD
Ignore them haters

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 11:38:21 am »
I've been on both sides of this. (my cringe 2012 days were filled with "ew neon" i'm so sorry lmao)
My POV is this; You do what you want, and let others do what they want.
I roleplay realistically, and I host realistic roleplays because that is my forte. That is what I enjoy doing and what I enjoy seeing. To me, character creation is only a smidge of what creativity is [and even in realistic roleplays there is a variety of customization options]. What really matters is the story, plot, and personality.
I also have my share of semi-real, and some blatant unrealistic characters and they all have creative backstory and pazazz to it.
Do what you want, and ignore the haters. As long as you're happy that's what matters. :)
After all its a game and meant to be fun, not stressful.

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs